AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-27, 21:10   Link #561
Melboy7

uhm does this article include the Soundtracks from the game?
im talking about the Clannad Visual Novel
Old 2010-07-28, 00:30   Link #562
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melboy7 View Post
uhm does this article include the Soundtracks from the game?
im talking about the Clannad Visual Novel
Kyo-ani's adaptation of Clannad of used the same OST more or less as the VN, so yes.
MAL
Old 2010-08-11, 02:32   Link #563
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I'd really want more vocal character songs, kinda like what they did with Over and Kyou's theme song. It'd be make me laugh so hard if Kotomi would sing to her own theme.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-08-26, 03:58   Link #564
ThreeWayLover

What's the ending song at the end of Clannad: after story?
Old 2010-08-26, 03:58   Link #565
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Torch by Lia.

Don't know why you'd want it though.
Old 2010-08-26, 10:22   Link #566
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'd really want more vocal character songs, kinda like what they did with Over and Kyou's theme song. It'd be make me laugh so hard if Kotomi would sing to her own theme.
The image of Kotomi singing to her theme, is just hilariously stuck in my mind now, I just hope her singing is better than her violin playing xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Torch by Lia.

Don't know why you'd want it though.
To know who/what was responsible for the worst part of After Story, maybe?
MAL
Old 2010-12-28, 05:53   Link #567
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

The original version of Meg Mell is awesome. Why didn't they just use that for the first season OP instead of that Christmas jingle remix? I can imagine a better OP sequence to it and everything. I may just have to make one myself...

*puts Meg Mell on repeat*
Old 2010-12-28, 13:37   Link #568
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
To know who/what was responsible for the worst part of After Story, maybe?
I don't know why so many people hate Torch because I personally feel it's a pretty good song. I guess it's because it felt so out of place to have such an upbeat song after the tearjerkers of After Story. I used to feel that way but after giving it a proper listen, I came to really like it. To each his own though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
The original version of Meg Mell is awesome. Why didn't they just use that for the first season OP instead of that Christmas jingle remix? I can imagine a better OP sequence to it and everything. I may just have to make one myself...

I'm fine with the OP version but you're right, the original version is so many times better. It's a shame because I think most people have only heard the OP version before.
Old 2010-12-28, 14:29   Link #569
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
I don't know why so many people hate Torch because I personally feel it's a pretty good song. I guess it's because it felt so out of place to have such an upbeat song after the tearjerkers of After Story. I used to feel that way but after giving it a proper listen, I came to really like it. To each his own though.
Yes mainly it's out of place and even after hearing the full version I still few it's worse than the vast majority of Clannad's music.

And the original version of the OP for Clannad is really nice, I do wonder why they didn't use it.
MAL
Old 2010-12-28, 16:04   Link #570
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
You've just answered your own question I dislike (hate is such a strong word ) Torch not for the song, but rather for how it was used. The song itself is pretty decent but pales in comparison to Toki wo Kizamu Uta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post

Quote:
I'm fine with the OP version but you're right, the original version is so many times better. It's a shame because I think most people have only heard the OP version before.
I don't mind either version but I must admit, when I heard the original Meg Mell, I did like it better than the one used in the first season's OP. I'm guessing they went with the Christmas remix because Clannad was aired through Christmas

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-12-28, 16:19   Link #571
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Yes mainly it's out of place and even after hearing the full version I still few it's worse than the vast majority of Clannad's music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
You've just answered your own question I dislike (hate is such a strong word ) Torch not for the song, but rather for how it was used. The song itself is pretty decent but pales in comparison to Toki wo Kizamu Uta.
Yeah, that was what I thought. There's no denying though that yes, Torch cannot compare to the other Clannad songs like Toki wo Kizamu Uta and Meg Mell.
Old 2010-12-28, 19:25   Link #572
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

For me, Torch always felt appropriate, even after 2nd season's plot-changing dramatic occurrences. I feel that it fits the very essence of Clannad itself, which is something even the death of a couple of its most important characters cannot change.

The only real problem I have with it is that the full version is crap. The same sequence plays three times with different lyrics and no sense of timing or composure. It sounds much better as a minute-and-a-half ending sequence.
Old 2010-12-29, 11:17   Link #573
arias

I always thought the ED of Clannad After Story was kind of strange until episode 17, when it FINALLY connected why they had the animation sequence of the girl in school uniform skipping. The ending of ep17 leading up to that sequence just connected the ENTIRE thing and I suddenly "got" that ED and Torch.

I thought in some ways that Torch was the worst out of all the OPs and EDs, but seriously, After Story is deadly depressing in some ways and an ED like that in season 1 would've been killer.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:57   Link #574
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
I always thought the ED of Clannad After Story was kind of strange until episode 17, when it FINALLY connected why they had the animation sequence of the girl in school uniform skipping. The ending of ep17 leading up to that sequence just connected the ENTIRE thing and I suddenly "got" that ED and Torch.

I thought in some ways that Torch was the worst out of all the OPs and EDs, but seriously, After Story is deadly depressing in some ways and an ED like that in season 1 would've been killer.
Like I said, I didn't really mind Torch as an ED but I just felt that they didn't even need it at the end of certain episodes (E.g. - Episode 16!) They could have just played a BGM and ended the episode without using Torch at all. I understand that it was extremely depressing but at the moment, you don't want to feel poppy and happy.

You want to experience the devastation that Tomoya felt as he watched the light in Nagisa's eyes fade. You want to feel his heart slowly being ripped from his chest. I felt his experiences but when Torch played, it just destroys that chemistry and the link you have with his character at that particular moment.

Of course I can't speak for everyone but this is how I personally feel. After Story could have gone without Torch on certain episodes.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2011-01-08, 16:50   Link #575
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

Does anyone know where I can get sheet music for the CLANNAD song White Clovers? Thanks.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:48   Link #576
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Should be the one you want, if my reading's right.

and linking this index page, given the topic lol.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:29   Link #577
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

Smile

Oh thank you! I've been looking for this!
Old 2011-01-17, 02:31   Link #578
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

Hello does anyone know where I can find the sheet music for Place Where Wishes Come True II not Place Where Wishes Come True I? I've been looking around but have only found the first one.

Thanks.
Old 2011-04-12, 20:48   Link #579
Kudryavka

Random question, but does anyone know what they say at the end of Mag Mell (the assumedly Gaelic part)? doesnt have to be translated or anything, just wondering.
Old 2011-08-15, 09:53   Link #580
Le Ball Sack

Anyone know this CLANNAD song?
Much appreciated if someone could tell me the name of this song.

Thanks

http://haniwa.sytes.net/mo/data/cla_yuia.mp3
Closed Thread