AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 03:05   Link #2201
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

about the star swords i think all people that have real marks have their own star sword as part of their first phase power, in episode 3 Kanako mention that their are 11 (+1 more for takuto) star swords, so their are 12 star sword overall and maybe broken down like this

7 - star sword for vanishing age members including the Head
1 - star sword for Kanako as she is a mark bearer too
2 - star sword for Takuto
2 - star sword for ?????? (possibly Sugata has the remaining 2 star sword?)
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 04:14   Link #2202
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

If thats the case then what's head's 1st phase then? It was mention before that his first phase was the star sword but if everyone can do it then he must have something else.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 04:16   Link #2203
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
If thats the case then what's head's 1st phase then? It was mention before that his first phase was the star sword but if everyone can do it then he must have something else.
Maybe something to do with Zero Time, given his apparent immortality?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 05:03   Link #2204
inuyasha94588

Hey guys just finished this today and thought you'd like it!

Last edited by inuyasha94588; 2011-02-09 at 05:05. Reason: 3rd times the charm?
inuyasha94588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 07:19   Link #2205
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

@inuyasha94588

thats nice, but how can i describe it, its like your tight/choking on speaking the words like your mostly saying letter O rather than saying mostly letter R, hope you got what i mean, but none the less your voice is clean and well done with the timing too
Old 2011-02-09, 08:10   Link #2206
inuyasha94588

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post

its like your tight/choking on speaking the words like your mostly saying letter O rather than saying mostly letter R
Yeah I know what you mean, I've had classical vocal training (opera ) so transitioning over to japanese is kinda strange. I can speak japanese without an american accent, but I can't sing without it. It's weird haha
inuyasha94588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 08:45   Link #2207
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha94588 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean, I've had classical vocal training (opera ) so transitioning over to japanese is kinda strange. I can speak japanese without an american accent, but I can't sing without it. It's weird haha
ho i see you got opera lesson no wonder now, nice work again
Old 2011-02-09, 09:36   Link #2208
n120cky

hmm I'm not expert in this, but is Sarina hair style a Twin Tail?

And I think the back song when Takuto on cafe with Wako is the same song as Keito's karaoke song . IT'S A WONDER .
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 10:11   Link #2209
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

Yana Toboso artwork for Choi Dashi ★ Star Driver anthology.

… Sugata looks so much like Sebastian I don’t even.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 21:04   Link #2210
Dark Wing

wow looking very Bishounen there....
Old 2011-02-10, 09:02   Link #2211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
… Sugata looks so much like Sebastian I don’t even.
The ressemblance is truly uncanny, indeed.
Old 2011-02-10, 13:44   Link #2212
Jeffry2009
Banned

Since a lot of people didn't have much time to post some random pics of Star Driver like this one below, allow me:-

Damn, I wish i can go there to buy all of these Figurearts & re-enacting themselves as fighters ala Tekken.

R-Style Marino You (Manticore), Benio Shinada (Scarlet Kiss) & Mizuno You.

Playboy Bunny Kanako (President) & Keito (Ivrogne)!
Old 2011-02-10, 14:06   Link #2213
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Those R-style figures are really cute, wouldn't mind having some of those but I bet they'll still be terribly expensive.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 22:59   Link #2214
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post

Playboy Bunny Kanako (President) & Keito (Ivrogne)!
those are sexy
Old 2011-02-10, 23:01   Link #2215
SassyRobot

Jeffry2009: Thanks for the vids! Odd show… are the animated characters at the beginning the "hosts"? But hey!! We see a real school unifiorm AND Takuto's Ginga Bishounen outfit! Also what's with the cat/tiger mascot character with the fish magnet? I chuckled at the mecha sumo match between the cardboard stand ins. What was the joke about nirvash's opponent not showing up…?

Was there anything insightful in the interviews with Enokido and the crew? It's always neat to see the drawing staff hard at work in the their cubicles, drawing with pen and paper (so much work…)

And as for Star Driver merch… I'm still waiting for cybody model kits!

I saw these the other day online too: http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=9871
SassyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 05:48   Link #2216
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Those R-style figures are really cute, wouldn't mind having some of those but I bet they'll still be terribly expensive.
I've bought two Bakemonogatari R-Style figures before and they're not nendroid levels of expensive. Quite affordable actually. I'd assume the Star Driver ones won't be any different.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 08:12   Link #2217
Jeffry2009
Banned

Spoiler for I briefly see panties...:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-02-11 at 08:42. Reason: fixed
Old 2011-02-11, 17:46   Link #2218
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Speculation here but I believe someone mentioned Keito is possibly "healing" Sugata after using his first phase. In my opinion it is more creditable to believe she is the one that broke his sleep after the initial pillar than; "his cybody must of finally gotten enough energy to revive."

Point two: Wako gets naked all the time when she has to perform her rituals. (I'm sure someone can write a well structured theory behind this along the lines of being pure / naked / maiden) That end scene is very misleading, i'm guessing all maidens get naked to perform their duties. In this case healing?

Point three: Head is alway mentioning about how he needs her to do a job for him. Again speculation but could this healing be behind the eventual release of Sugata's second phase? Remembering episodes back the position of Clux leader is always open to him and they have before tried to persuade Sugata to join up. Maybe he will eventually as I don't see any bigger threat to Takuto than the Head, and he's already beaten too!

Though I am almost definately certain those two will battle at the least. Its been obvious to me since episode one that the climax fight will be Takuto vs Sugata. It's been hinted throughout the series the dilemma of Wako to choose one of them. Even the colour hair each represents point towards their fate of conflict, with Red(Takuto) and Blue (Sugata) being clashing colours in the spectrum with Yellow (Wako) being in the middle their battle over her in some form (Love, Cybody fight, Possession or some other) is inevitable.

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2011-02-11 at 18:17.
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 22:27   Link #2219
Jeffry2009
Banned

*Brokeback mountain theme plays*
Old 2011-02-11, 23:47   Link #2220
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Speculation here but I believe someone mentioned Keito is possibly "healing" Sugata after using his first phase. In my opinion it is more creditable to believe she is the one that broke his sleep after the initial pillar than; "his cybody must of finally gotten enough energy to revive."

Point two: Wako gets naked all the time when she has to perform her rituals. (I'm sure someone can write a well structured theory behind this along the lines of being pure / naked / maiden) That end scene is very misleading, i'm guessing all maidens get naked to perform their duties. In this case healing?

Point three: Head is alway mentioning about how he needs her to do a job for him. Again speculation but could this healing be behind the eventual release of Sugata's second phase? Remembering episodes back the position of Clux leader is always open to him and they have before tried to persuade Sugata to join up. Maybe he will eventually as I don't see any bigger threat to Takuto than the Head, and he's already beaten too!

Though I am almost definately certain those two will battle at the least. Its been obvious to me since episode one that the climax fight will be Takuto vs Sugata. It's been hinted throughout the series the dilemma of Wako to choose one of them. Even the colour hair each represents point towards their fate of conflict, with Red(Takuto) and Blue (Sugata) being clashing colours in the spectrum with Yellow (Wako) being in the middle their battle over her in some form (Love, Cybody fight, Possession or some other) is inevitable.
Indeed. And despite never beating Sugato in the dojo, I'm sure Mr. Perfect will find a way to win the day, yet again, when their inevitable match-up commences.

I continue to watch this show in the hopes that the ending justifies the amount of fluff we've had to deal with thus far. I have a hard time believing this much talent working on this show was for the simple purpose of being fabulous. There has to be something more substantial planned for the climax. Or, so I hope.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen