AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 13:50   Link #5601
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The short sarcastic answer is "YES" .... all of the above.
Agreed.

Quote:
I've mostly given up on American television - at this point I watch less than 2 or 3 hours of entertainment tv a week. I spend more time watching documentaries and public broadcast news (BBC, News Hour, Euro Journal, NHK, etc).
You said it, brother. Let's face it. American TV completely sucks. Even channels like the History Channel, which I used to love, is now filled with stuff like "Pawn Stars".

Quote:
I *like* the social principles and morals presented in much of anime, the sense of civility, etc. "Doing the right thing"... stuff that "reality tv competitions" is the exact opposite of. Much of American tv promulgates screwing everyone "me me mine", Bread-and-Circuses, etc.
Yep, in almost every anime, the characters still have some semblance of manners. I like that.

Quote:
And yes, the cute pretty girls and the guys they befuddle rarely fail to amuse.
Can't go wrong with cute girls.

Endless "Befuddled" Soul
Old 2012-04-24, 13:26   Link #5602
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Hey guys, I need to ask something of you. Can you tell me how to write a resume? I need to know very specifically. A family member is signing up for a job at the local court house but she doesn't know how to. Any idea what to put, write?

Help would be really appreciated, thanks.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 13:35   Link #5603
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Advice from government agencies:

http://www.jobcentreguide.co.uk/cv-r...ude-in-your-cv
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/employme...ajob/dg_173655 (this one includes CV template)

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:35   Link #5604
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Hey guys, I need to ask something of you. Can you tell me how to write a resume? I need to know very specifically. A family member is signing up for a job at the local court house but she doesn't know how to. Any idea what to put, write?

Help would be really appreciated, thanks.
If you're in Europe you can probably use the Europass template. It has an online form to make them and everything: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home

Even if you aren't in Europe you can probably use the form to make one anyway and then use it as the basis to make your own.
Old 2012-04-26, 00:20   Link #5605
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Urgent question:

I will have to catch an absolutely important flight in the next few days. Is there anyway to call the airport to check if my departure will be OK (and i won't suddenly find myself stuck due to unexpected visa/ passport/ ticket issues)
Old 2012-04-26, 00:37   Link #5606
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Urgent question:

I will have to catch an absolutely important flight in the next few days. Is there anyway to call the airport to check if my departure will be OK (and i won't suddenly find myself stuck due to unexpected visa/ passport/ ticket issues)
Which airport are you flying from?
Most airport websites should contain flight information for today, and the next few days as well.
If you need to call up via phone, it's probably better to contact the airline directly (for ticketing and flight delays/cancellation issues).

You may also wish to check the DFAT's smartraveller website as well, if you're heading overseas (specifically for visa and passport issues).

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-04-26 at 00:54.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:07   Link #5607
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Which airport are you flying from?
Most airport websites should contain flight information for today, and the next few days as well.
If you need to call up via phone, it's probably better to contact the airline directly (for ticketing and flight delays/cancellation issues).

You may also wish to check the DFAT's smartraveller website as well, if you're heading overseas (specifically for visa and passport issues).
Thank you very much there you really save me!!

Damn, can't give out rep to you yet =(
Old 2012-04-29, 16:45   Link #5608
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Is the recession in Europe that may affect the US economy a macroeconomic event?
Old 2012-04-29, 21:45   Link #5609
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Is the recession in Europe that may affect the US economy a macroeconomic event?
Depends on how much Goldman Sachs lend to them, and how much of a bailout they need again.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:23   Link #5610
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
You'll have to clarify what you mean by "macroeconomic". Macroeconomics is merely the study of structures, behaviours and processes that affect the whole economy, that is, the kinds of things that add up to a country's GNP, GDP, current-account balance, money supply, and so on. That is in contrast to microeconomics, which studies the specific factors that affect a segment of the economy.

Will the euro zone's debt crisis affect the United States? Not directly, as I'm under the impression that most of the sovereign bonds at risk of default are held by European banks and are largely underwritten by the still-healthy German economy. Also, US exposure to Greece, Spain and Portugal, the economies most at risk of default, is minimal relative to America's exposure to China, for example.

Tellingly, US manufacturing appears to be picking up, albeit in fits and starts, while much of Western Europe is mired in stagnation. American unemployment, while dire, seems to be stabilising, albeit also in fits and starts. Compared to the jobless rates in Spain and Greece, however, the US situation is clearly better. So, if anything, the figures seem to suggest that both macroeconomies are moving in independent trajectories.

However, the world economy as a whole is in a jittery state, and is probably just one or two shocks away from a full-blown crisis of confidence. With China no longer able to prop up global growth the way it did in 2008/09, a crisis is the last thing all of us, not just the US, need.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2012-04-30 at 01:03. Reason: Grammar...
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 01:53   Link #5611
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
If I donate my blood to someone, will my genes run in his circulation as well?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 02:26   Link #5612
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
However, the world economy as a whole is in a jittery state, and is probably just one or two shocks away from a full-blown crisis of confidence. With China no longer able to prop up global growth the way it did in 2008/09, a crisis is the last thing all of us, not just the US, need.
A crisis is often born out of the liquidity of money. When money becomes too liquid (changes hands too quickly), it creates friction and heats up the market, resulting in inflation. When things get too pricey, people borrow to fund their lifestyles, the cost of borrowing increases (interest rates), people borrow more in fear of interest rates rising more, and buy more in fear things will become more expensive in the future, result in greater inflation, then BOOM! - faster than Louise Valliere can say EXPLOSION! Most people get their clothes ripped off, with the exception of the thrifty and prudent ones.

If I make a guess, he is looking for a few stocks to buy. Just look out for money flow instead.....it WILL affect the rest of the world but there is still money to be made from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Wait, does it mean if my sister donates blood to me, we committed incest?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-30, 02:30   Link #5613
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
A crisis is often born out of the liquidity of money. When money becomes too liquid (changes hands too quickly), it creates friction and heats up the market, resulting in inflation. When things get too pricey, people borrow to fund their lifestyles, the cost of borrowing increases (interest rates), people borrow more in fear of interest rates rising more, and buy more in fear things will become more expensive in the future, result in greater inflation, then BOOM! - faster than Louise Valliere can say EXPLOSION! Most people get their clothes ripped off, with the exception of the thrifty and prudent ones.

If I make a guess, he is looking for a few stocks to buy. Just look out for money flow instead.....it WILL affect the rest of the world but there is still money to be -
Actually I only need the classification: if it's micro or macro
Old 2012-04-30, 02:33   Link #5614
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Actually I only need the classification: if it's micro or macro
It is macro. Micro means it only affect themselves. Macro means it affects everyone else.

Old 2012-04-30, 02:33   Link #5615
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
"On this day, Sumeragi became a blood-donor..."

What have you wrought.
Old 2012-04-30, 02:39   Link #5616
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Oh my..... So we had crossed the line.....

*Blushes*

Take responsibility, otouto!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 03:38   Link #5617
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Red bloodcells don't have a nucleus, so no dna in there.
Same goes for bloodplasma, which should not contain any cells after being seperated.

With theses types of blood transfusion (almost) no genes gets transfered. I don't think anyone does full blood transfusion anymore, right?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 03:44   Link #5618
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh whole blood is still given in cases where rapid blood volume loss occurs. Most of the time it's just packed RBCs or plasma, but in cases of severe anemia and hypovolemia whole blood transfusions are still done.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 03:53   Link #5619
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Eh whole blood is still given in cases where rapid blood volume loss occurs. Most of the time it's just packed RBCs or plasma, but in cases of severe anemia and hypovolemia whole blood transfusions are still done.
That reminded me of a soldier taken to us during an encounter in Basilan. We did a double, rapid infusion of PNSS 3L in his arm and the other in his feet (his arm was broken) while waiting for the blood. Our NCs have hard time locating arteries back then...

Anyway... thanks!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 03:57   Link #5620
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I can't imagine 3L rapid infusion of PNSS being good in the long run... that's just putting water and salt in your system. I guess you really wouldn't have a choice in a provincial government hospital.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious