AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-20, 19:47   Link #41
Undertaker

A bit off topic, it just occurs to me that no wonder Croc wants to take over Alabasta.

As things stand, 2 of Shikibukai are monarchs and Moria also has his little Thriller Bark, Jinbe is friendly with Fishmen royal family...
Old 2013-02-20, 21:16   Link #42
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Put yourself in Kinemon's shoes.

In the sense of "I risked my neck (literally) to save you, and this is how you repay me!? You ingrate!", or "Ah, it brings me great joy as a father to see my boy safe, sound, and in the company of two fair maidens"? I mean heck, we still don't even know whether or not Kinemon is a single father......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
In the newspaper, Law has a bounty now along with Luffy due to the alliance? That shouldn't be since Law is a Shichibukai.

Pretty sure that's Law's "old" bounty poster. Remember, before he became a shichibukai he gained a pretty huge bounty hike (from 200 to 440 million), so the poster probably came from around the time he was collecting the pirates' hearts for the WG. Plus, notice that Bepo is on the poster, who still has yet to appear in the story since the skip (and no, that one color page doesn't count)....
Old 2013-02-20, 21:35   Link #43
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I think it's pretty obvious by now that Gear 2nd(Which he can now use on any part of his body)+Haki = burn effect.So we'll probably see whole body burning at some point.
I don't think Haki alone can generate fire like that, unless if it creates a friction hot enough to ignite fire when using a super high speed attack like Luffy's red hawk.

But if Luffy can generate fire on his own without using any high speed attack, that would definitely be awesome. It would be even more awesome if the fire

Spoiler for ehem:
Old 2013-02-20, 23:12   Link #44
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 699
That was a good chapter. With the way Akoiji sounds, the bridge between Akainu and him was not burned badly. It was smart of Akainu and Akoiji to stay in contact with each other, it will benefit them in the long run. Has for Daflamingo he is pretty clam for the situation he is in. I agree with Franky that it is bad to have things go smoothly. Dressrosa should be interesting, I think it will be a trap. I wonder if Akoiji will show up there too?

Dressrosa's forcast chaos and destruction?
It sounds like Dressrosa will be action pack from beginning to end. The country's King has just stepped down, renounced his title has Shichibukai, thus making him a pirate and outlaw to the WG. On top of that the WG knows about the alliance between all the supernovas, country itself maybe in a power vacuum, and with Smokers report and Akoiji suggestion(dispatching Admirals), I expect to see Admirals, Shichibukai, and Luffy, Law Alliance. Maybe surprise guests from the other supernova Alliance (Kidd, Hawkins, Apoo)? Hope we get to see new Admiral or Admirals. I also hope Luffy and Zoro get to show off there stuff (especially Zoro).

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-02-20 at 23:22.
Old 2013-02-21, 02:40   Link #45
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I bet whoever wrote that news story is part of the group that are able to get pictures for bounty posters without being noticed.
Well don't forget; a lot of people were watching the fight between Luffy and Ceasar. One seen even had one of the viewers pointing out that it was clear that the strawhats and Law had formed an alliance... so that's how news of their alliance may have been leaked. Its also possible that Doflamingo leaked the story himself to cause Law some trouble over his actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
whoa, so Doflamingo arrived at Dressrosa already? While SH & Law was still trying to get there.
Well its possible that the crew had been taking their time since they wanted to hear how Doflamingo replied to laws ultimatum
Old 2013-02-21, 04:43   Link #46
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

This one grabbed my attention the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokiji
"Detach the admiralS." ?
Unless something was wrong with the translations...Since Sakazuki is the big boss now and Kuzan left by his free will, only admiral left should be Borsalino...
This probably confirms or least hints that they already nominated NEW admirals for 2 empty positions.

I can only hope that one of them is Buggy. That would be the best Buggy punchline ever in entire series.
Or hell...I'd like to say a vastly improved Coby since its his dream but what are the chances of Coby being alive after all this in a world that Sakazuki controls?
Old 2013-02-21, 06:00   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Coby is probably doing just fine.

And why on earth would Kizaru remain the only Admiral for 2 years straight?
Old 2013-02-21, 09:12   Link #48
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Or hell...I'd like to say a vastly improved Coby since its his dream but what are the chances of Coby being alive after all this in a world that Sakazuki controls?
Coby is now a Captain.

Quote:
And why on earth would Kizaru remain the only Admiral for 2 years straight?
It's been established that to become an admiral one has to be truly exceptional. Pre-time-skip, it looked as though Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu, were in a class of their own (excluding Garp and Sengoku, of course).
Old 2013-02-21, 10:40   Link #49
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Yea, Coby is a captain (and I strongly believe that he will fullfill his dream and become an admiral in future. Since Coby's single reason of existence in these series is to show an evolving path from nothingness to greatness.) but after the events of Marineford, I dont remember Sakazuki being very pleased with him. Now that Garp is only a showcase rank, can he still stay as a marine? Akainu is a type that has no sympathy for weaklings and anti-doctrine, he first handedly witnessed how pathetic Coby can be in times of stress. Not even mentioning that things will be way much more harder/brutal within a tyrant's control. If even Aokiji holds back against the situation, then what can, lets say...more light alignment marines like Coby, Momonga and rest do?
Old 2013-02-21, 12:43   Link #50
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's been established that to become an admiral one has to be truly exceptional. Pre-time-skip, it looked as though Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu, were in a class of their own (excluding Garp and Sengoku, of course).
It's been two years. Others are sure to have joined their ranks by now.
Old 2013-02-21, 13:15   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Maybe. I'm just giving you reasoning as to why there may only be one admiral right now (Kizaru). Keep in mind that it was never stated that there have to be 3 admirals in the marines force at all times. As far as we know, there were only 2 admirals during Roger's era: Zephyr and Sengoku. And I've been reading from different places that there's some ambiguity in the Japanese text of that admiral plural.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2013-02-21 at 14:54.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:48   Link #52
golgo13

I wonder if Doflamingo leaked the alliance information to the newspapers as well. Perhaps to put a target on the Luffy/Law alliance for the marines to go after. This also would alert the Yonko's, if they already didn't know.

Impressive how Doflamingo changed his mind of his plan as soon as Kuzan appeared. Still undeterred he must have had back up plans. Fearsome enemy.

It would be interesting if Law actually knew whether Doflamingo was in Dressrosa, based on the location of the den-den mushi. In any case it is likely Law expected to find Doflamingo in Dressrosa from the beginning.. He may actually lure him out to do the exchange and have Luffy's crew, or perhaps his, destroy the SAD factory in his absence.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:53   Link #53
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
It would be interesting if Law actually knew whether Doflamingo was in Dressrosa, based on the location of the den-den mushi. In any case it is likely Law expected to find Doflamingo in Dressrosa from the beginning.. He may actually lure him out to do the exchange and have Luffy's crew, or perhaps his, destroy the SAD factory in his absence.
after getting to know luffy better. He is better off keeping Luffy and his crew where he can keep a eye on them
Old 2013-02-21, 16:06   Link #54
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Maybe. I'm just giving you reasoning as to why there may only be one admiral right now (Kizaru). Keep in mind that it was never stated that there have to be 3 admirals in the marines force at all times. As far as we know, there were only 2 admirals during Roger's era: Zephyr and Sengoku. And I've been reading from different places that there's some ambiguity in the Japanese text of that admiral plural.
I don't doubt that there is no set amount of required Admirals.

Having just one is highly impractical though.

It probably took a while to promote new ones and Kizaru might've been the only one for a while. The reason I doubt that he's the only one is because two years have passed. It seems highly unlikely that no one came along at all who was good enough for the job.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:31   Link #55
mrShady

Quote:
I don't doubt that there is no set amount of required Admirals.

Having just one is highly impractical though.

It probably took a while to promote new ones and Kizaru might've been the only one for a while. The reason I doubt that he's the only one is because two years have passed. It seems highly unlikely that no one came along at all who was good enough for the job.
And technically their previous rank has to be vice admiral. So do we know all pre time skip vice admirals?
We could try to speculate who promoted.
Old 2013-02-21, 17:06   Link #56
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Anyone have an idea of which vice admirals are powerful enough to be promoted to admiral status during the time skip, Certainly can't remember that many during the war arc.
Old 2013-02-21, 17:17   Link #57
marvelB

^Personally, I feel inclined to say Tsuru, but the truth is we barely saw her in action. I still feel it would be pretty badass to see an old granny with LAUNDRY powers rise to the top of the marines, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The problem is not the alliance between Law and Luffy. There are enough people to witness this.
But Kid's alliance is the big question. How should the press know of this?

I don't see any confusion here. Remember, Kid's crew were also part of the underworld witnesses who watched Luffy beat Caesar, so they could have just spread the news of the alliance themselves. It's pretty clear to me that information travels at light-speed in the underworld, and it's not like any of those guys said the alliances were meant to be kept secret in the first place.
Old 2013-02-21, 17:37   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Personally, I feel inclined to say Tsuru, but the truth is we barely saw her in action. I still feel it would be pretty badass to see an old granny with LAUNDRY powers rise to the top of the marines, though.
Tsuru is my top choice as well. Otherwise Cancer, Strawberry or Momonga are my bets based on currently known vice-admirals (Oda could always invent some more later on).
Old 2013-02-21, 17:47   Link #59
marvelB

^I'd also say that Doberman and/or Onigumo would make good candidates, as well. After all, the both of them sure seem to share the same "absolute justice" belief as Akainu, particularly Onigumo (recall him shooting one of his own men during the EL arc just because the guy didn't agree with the idea of sacrificing his fellow soldiers).....
Old 2013-02-21, 17:53   Link #60
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I don't think Haki alone can generate fire like that, unless if it creates a friction hot enough to ignite fire when using a super high speed attack like Luffy's red hawk.

But if Luffy can generate fire on his own without using any high speed attack, that would definitely be awesome. It would be even more awesome if the fire

Spoiler for ehem:
It's not the Haki that generates the Fire,but Gear 2nd mostly,Haki is only hardening his arm probably applying more pressure,since the steam is trapped and has nowhere to go it reaches a high temperature which ignites his arm,also thanks to the Haki his arm is protected from damage.

I doubt it's possible to Inherit a DF,first of all they're not even blood related,2nd,Ace would have had to be Luffy's father for it to make sense.
Closed Thread