AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-27, 20:28   Link #181
eddyg17

Well the subs are out and the preview kinda clears a few things for us.

Remember how a few episodes ago we see Saki fighting the Ox-head mecha? Lets assume that the promise she was talking about (pretty safe bet given that there was no other promised made in the first season) was that she will kill Haruto if he became a monster.

On the preview for the second season, we hear L-elf saying that Haruto approved some kind of human experiments. It could be the case that Haruto and Co. the founders of empire, and he becomes consumed with his desire to win the "war". He could have essencially become a monster who performs human experiments on his people.

I think something similar to this happened in Guilty Crow? I only watch like half of season one. Either way, while this explination might seem likely, we are talking Sunrise here. So, who knows?
Old 2013-06-27, 20:29   Link #182
~BC~

Bah, it just doesn't feel right to rate this episode when it feels like the first half of an hour special. Certainly the reveals were interesting (though oddly enough I suspected the vampires are secretly running things). Loved seeing L-Elf emote more and while he didn't outright panic it was good seeing him take Cain as a serious threat (keikaku doori gets boring after awhile). He seemed surprised that Cain beat him so soundly for some reason; guessing his mentor never showed him the full extent of his hand-to-hand abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The woman in the future is not Saki, she refer to the original valrave pilots as the "first of us, founder of the module". The boy and that Saki look alike are descendant of the Module 77.
None of the current pilots are the founders of the module so that doesn't rule out that she's Saki.

Edit: Unless she means "founder of New JIOR" but that still doesn't quite make sense.
Old 2013-06-27, 20:34   Link #183
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post

None of the current pilots are the founders of the module so that doesn't rule out that she's Saki.
Can I ask who is "first of us" of the Magius than?

Edit: Well she say "founder" lose many comrade in the battle for Module 77. Also she said "everything started in the Module".
Old 2013-06-27, 20:43   Link #184
~BC~

It's not first of the Magius, I think. Otherwise her sentence doesn't make sense. Probably referring to the Golden Seven now that I think about it more.
Old 2013-06-27, 20:43   Link #185
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I just watched the episode.... Wow, poor Akira. Seriously, where were the teachers when that happened to her? That's.... Gah! No wonder she wanted to be isolated so badly.

Other tid bits I don't see addressed/confirmed in this topic:

-The gas was indeed poison gas, not knockout gas.
-Cain mentions Haruto is third generation, meaning Cain is either first or second, although since this is from Code Geass's crew I doubt we'll get back story on this. It gives the possibility of previous vampires.
-Subs use the "save me" option instead of "I'll save you" and it sounded more like Shoko than Saki.
-Blue is indeed the name of Valvrave 2's AI according to the subs.
-L-Elf mentioned Unit 2 was broken, probably meaning it has seen action before.
-And finally the preview subs one of Haruto's lines as "it ends with us" rather than just him. I would not throw out the idea of mass production valvraves next half with the plot revolving around trying to stop it from happening.

Well.... This is going to be a very long wait: The Devil is a Part Timer ended, Gargantia will end on Sunday, Majestic Prince will be the only mecha series airing (oh boy), Akibarangers is drawing to a close in and of itself.... And yeah, that ends the stuff airing I'm watching, maybe I'll give Attack on Titan a look and I need an excuse to finally watch Kamen Rider Wizard (perhaps I can catch up to it before Gaimu comes out).

So folks, as newbie who has only been here for four months, was I tolerable or insufferable to the lot of you?
Old 2013-06-27, 20:43   Link #186
finalfury
Incognito

If what Cain said is correct, then there are three generations of the immortals. Interesting. My guess is the politicians (ARUS and Drossia) are the first, Cain is part of the second generation and Haruto and the others are the third.
I'm seeing more of a guilty crown route than a code geass route for the transition into the second season. But, I really want to see more character interaction between the Valverave pilots, especially Akira for it will be nice to see her communicate and hopefully make friends with the other pilots.
Old 2013-06-27, 20:46   Link #187
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
It's not first of the Magius, I think. Otherwise her sentence doesn't make sense. Probably referring to the Golden Seven now that I think about it more.
But the Golden Seven is in the future? She said everything began in the Module. I take that as she refer to current Valvrave pilots (Haruto, Saki and etc...).
Old 2013-06-27, 20:50   Link #188
~BC~

Isn't the prevailing theory that the current pilots become the Golden Seven? Or at least some of them. All I know is it doesn't make sense for "first of us" to refer to Magius in general though maybe she's referring to the third generation.

Edit: And if my guess is correct this may also confirm who else becomes a Valvrave pilot.
Old 2013-06-27, 20:59   Link #189
eddyg17

This is what future Saki, or her look-a-like, if you will, says according to gg:

"The first of us, the Founder, lost many of this comrades in the battles for Module 77. And thats where he encounted the Magius."

This is how I interpret the sentence

"The first of us [the Golden Seven], the Founder [Haruto], lost many of this comrades in the battles for Module 77. And thats where he encountered the Magius [Cain]."

Note that, the founder could also refer one other other other pilots and even Shoko. However, she hasn't exactly met and Magius just yet.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:00   Link #190
Key Board
Carbon

she's referring the founders of their country

the one with the Yatagarasu icon

you can see it everywhere outside her residence
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-27, 21:02   Link #191
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I just watched the episode.... Wow, poor Akira. Seriously, where were the teachers when that happened to her? That's.... Gah! No wonder she wanted to be isolated so badly.

Other tid bits I don't see addressed/confirmed in this topic:

-The gas was indeed poison gas, not knockout gas.
-Cain mentions Haruto is third generation, meaning Cain is either first or second, although since this is from Code Geass's crew I doubt we'll get back story on this. It gives the possibility of previous vampires.
-Subs use the "save me" option instead of "I'll save you" and it sounded more like Shoko than Saki.
-Blue is indeed the name of Valvrave 2's AI according to the subs.
-L-Elf mentioned Unit 2 was broken, probably meaning it has seen action before.
-And finally the preview subs one of Haruto's lines as "it ends with us" rather than just him. I would not throw out the idea of mass production valvraves next half with the plot revolving around trying to stop it from happening.

Well.... This is going to be a very long wait: The Devil is a Part Timer ended, Gargantia will end on Sunday, Majestic Prince will be the only mecha series airing (oh boy), Akibarangers is drawing to a close in and of itself.... And yeah, that ends the stuff airing I'm watching, maybe I'll give Attack on Titan a look and I need an excuse to finally watch Kamen Rider Wizard (perhaps I can catch up to it before Gaimu comes out).

So folks, as newbie who has only been here for four months, was I tolerable or insufferable to the lot of you?
You were fine lol. And to me it sounded like Saki was saying "Save me."
Old 2013-06-27, 21:04   Link #192
winkel

Who else would be left? Haruto is 01, Cain stole 02, 03-06 are the other students. Have we even seen Unit 07 yet?

Looks like everyone's guesses on Akira being the next pilot was right. Though the Valvrave just happening to be there was a bit too convenient for me to swallow.

And the lady in the beginning has to be Saki. She has the locket that future Saki was holding when she was running away in the Valvrave a couple episodes back. It's not a stretch that immortality granted by the VV system meant living forever as well.

That little boy better not be Saki and L-Elf's kid though

Why did you say no to him Saki
Old 2013-06-27, 21:05   Link #193
eddyg17

Do we know the flag, symbol of New JIOR?
Old 2013-06-27, 21:06   Link #194
Key Board
Carbon

No, but we do know the flag of future Saki's country

It's the Yatagarasu symbol
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-27, 21:07   Link #195
shadow1296

i think this episode we finally see l-elf's i f@$ up face
Old 2013-06-27, 21:08   Link #196
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
she's referring the founders of their country

the one with the Yatagarasu icon

you can see it everywhere outside her residence
Ah, this made me realize I was sort of going with the assumption that she was referring to New JIOR. But it being 211 years later it'd make sense if she was referring to a new country entirely. Which the first flash forward already alluded to.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:09   Link #197
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The woman in the future is not Saki, she refer to the original valrave pilots as the "first of us, founder of the module". The boy and that Saki look alike are descendant of the Module 77.
What are you talking about? She said, "the first of us". That includes her so she is Saki.

Also, note the statues shown in this flashforward, the three-legged raven and the crescent moon. This is the symbol of JIOR, which means that the VVV pilots succeeded in rebuilding their country. The Founder, which clearly refers to Haruto, created the country. So Saki clearly didn't defect. Now note how when she was talking about the Founder, clearly Haruto, the camera moved down to her pendant, which flashed even though they were indoors. We could interpret this as proof that the picture in the pendant is Haruto.

Also, L-elf just said VVVII was broken. It doesn't mean it saw action. Recall that L-elf only knows what that teacher told him and he doesn't know much either.

Another thing, ANN lists one more episode for next week. So I guess that this isn't the end? They can't just end things like this after the sh*t Cain pulled. You can't end a good party without someone passed out on the floor.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:10   Link #198
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

L-Elf is going to beat Cain in the end, I want to see Cain's f#$% up face!

Also A-Drei want L-Elf's eye! He one crazy bastard. VVV-chan "Onii-chan" is cute

@blackwhite key word: first
Old 2013-06-27, 21:12   Link #199
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i think this episode we finally see l-elf's i f@$ up face
God, it's so beautiful. I loved his face when Pino started talking and his eyes shift to Cain. Like "oh crap, what's he up to now."
Old 2013-06-27, 21:17   Link #200
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Let's meet again, Valvrave the Liberator.

And next time, you'd better put up a greater show than the 1st season and have many things to explain to the viewers.

That's that, I guess.

For the show, I give it a grade A+

I wonder if Cain will be part of the Golden 7 or a new character will take its place?
Closed Thread