AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-06, 19:58   Link #1
nayux

need help choosing anime to watch

hey guys i need a good anime to watch that has action or romance or both in it if u know one plz post it. thanx ^^
Old 2007-02-07, 17:30   Link #2
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
well

I suppose i can give you a little bit advice

Echhi romance :

Green Green( Girl school visit all boy school for a month one guy is normal and gets alot of girls)

Golden boy ( a genius who left school when he was 25 weird enough he didnt had his graduation while he had all the courses done ... Women hate him but at the end they love him)

onegai teacher ( boy is at a lake alien comes .... alien is a hot teacher and for some reasons they need to marry .. Heartwarming story and alot of fun.

all very good series

Action :
Full metal alchemist ( a very good story about transmuting)

Naruto ( ninja serie)

One piece ( serie about a boy who wants to be the greatest pirate in the world really funny)
Old 2007-02-08, 06:41   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Shakugan no Shana
Fate/Stay night
The Third
Erementar Gerad
Crest of the Stars+Banner of the Stars+Banner of the Stars 2
Code Geass (ongoing)
Mai-HiME
Blood+
Black Cat
Chrno Crusade
Black Blood Brothers
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Utawarerumono

...getting lazy at this point, so i will stop here.
Old 2007-02-08, 09:58   Link #4
miaka

romance/action genre
Shounen Onmyouji
Demonbane
Tsubasa Chronicle
Old 2007-02-08, 16:14   Link #5
Humgachan

People seems to always missed out this one for action/romance but here you go. It's entitle E's Otherwise (it's licensed by ADV Film), kinda like Dragonball on crack with a slight touch of romance IMO. Enjoy!
Old 2007-02-08, 16:29   Link #6
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Well, with review rating of 4.9 or something i can see why people tend to leave it out ... that, and the fact that no one seems to be mentioning it. (My 1st time seeing it tbh)
Old 2007-02-08, 16:44   Link #7
Humgachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Well, with review rating of 4.9 or something i can see why people tend to leave it out ... that, and the fact that no one seems to be mentioning it. (My 1st time seeing it tbh)
Pretty much the same case with Erementar Gerad. That's when I stop trusting reviews and actually watch the anime myself. Although 85% of the review rating are pretty accurate, everyone has their own taste I suppose. All I care was the genre(s) requested, I'll leave the rating to the author of post.
Old 2007-02-08, 17:08   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Erementar Gerad has a review rating of 7.94 on AniDB And the thing i like about AniDB is that it has rated reviews .... meaning your review gets rated as well by other people ...and the reviews who rated E's Otherwise poorly have a rating of 8.41

And while the ratings are not something you should always rely on, it still serves as some form of a milestone. Anyway - there is a lot to choose from from this thread alone... why start with something that the vast majority considers poor ?
Old 2007-02-08, 17:19   Link #9
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
just adding...

Tsukihime and Mai-Otome
on the list
Old 2007-02-08, 19:32   Link #10
Humgachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Erementar Gerad has a review rating of 7.94 on AniDB And the thing i like about AniDB is that it has rated reviews .... meaning your review gets rated as well by other people ...and the reviews who rated E's Otherwise poorly have a rating of 8.41

And while the ratings are not something you should always rely on, it still serves as some form of a milestone. Anyway - there is a lot to choose from from this thread alone... why start with something that the vast majority considers poor ?
Since other "common, well rated" series are going to be presented sooner or later, I'd figure it's better to recommand something that's on the subtle side. Although it's rated very poorly by majority, I believe it deserve a chance and not to be totally ignored. Moreover, majority of the so-called better series are already posted .
Old 2007-02-08, 20:11   Link #11
Humgachan

Overall, I'm just trying to provide the author of post with more variety of choice, rather than following the vast majority's selections. Not saying that the reviews from other are false, simply trying to state that review rating only serve 25% of the anime's evaluation (IMO). There's alway other areas to look into .
Old 2007-02-09, 04:42   Link #12
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, i am not saying it shouldn't be given a chance - i responded to the line where you stated that people seem to overlook this one for some reason - i just provided a possible reason for it I am not saying it is good/bad , since i have yet to see it myself, but i would not get my hopes up with such a rating.

Then again - if one is new to the world of anime it might be better to watch all the "bad" series early - chances are high you will enjoy them and will not spot the flaws that might chase away the more experienced watchers Heck, at some point i considered DBZ the best thing in the world
Old 2007-02-09, 09:14   Link #13
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
Dragonball z ftw
Closed Thread