AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-13, 14:39   Link #21
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaiyus View Post
If I'm getting this right, it looks like samples of the D.C. II S.S OP and ED are up here.
Opening: Sounds just like the opening in D.C.S.S.
Ending: Sounds like a crossover between all the previous endings.

Damn, why can't they have a bit more variation between the songs?
Spoiler for Inconcievably vague spoiler not really saying anything:

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2008-03-16 at 14:37.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:54   Link #22
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Opening: Sounds just like the opening in D.C.S.S.
Ending: Sounds like a crossover between all the previous endings.

Damn, why can't they have a bit more variation between the songs?
Heh - I think that's sort of a "feature not a bug". The yozuca*/CooRie OP/ED combo basically defines all Da Capo material these days (games and anime). It practically wouldn't be Da Capo without it!

Quote:
I'm just gonna read way too much into things here, and consider the overall mood of that ending as a hint that they're gonna actually follow the game's main storyline this time around. Or, they technically did follow Minatsu's path faithfully enough in the previous season, but that one was almost completely unrelated to all the other paths... This one had better be based on Yume's or Otome's path, as they are like the "main heroines" of the game... plus, I haven't found any summaries of Otome's path yet, and I want to know exactly what happens in it.
Edit: *Looks at image* Okay, they're DEFINITELY doing one of those paths.
I agree with your conclusion, but please don't go into any more details about the game in this thread. Trying to keep it 100% spoiler free! As I said after the first season, the first season of D.C. II was like a "first playthrough" of the game; they've now "unlocked" the other heroines. (I guess I should really get around to working on that Otome plot summary...)
Old 2008-03-13, 17:02   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for vague speculation based on the game, with no plot details (not taking any chances):
That is interesting as I never thought that she was a "main" character, just supporting

*must stay away from the evils of spoilers and wiki!* >.>

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-13, 19:20   Link #24
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaiyus View Post
If I'm getting this right, it looks like samples of the D.C. II S.S OP and ED are up here.
Hmmmm, do want. It looks like the yozuca/coorie formation will never get old , maybe the fanboyism is getting me blind.

Please PLEASE dont add anime original characters like the unexistant season. Hopefully this will turn out good like the first part.
Old 2008-03-14, 22:55   Link #25
KBTKaiser

unexistant? I admit DCSS was poorly executed in terms of integration in some places, but one does not write off Tamaki-sama as unexistant!!

*is carted away by meganeshounen after relentlessflame calls down another Tamaki arrow strike to barricade him in*
Old 2008-03-15, 00:05   Link #26
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I have to admit that too. But don't forget, I don't think even with 26 episodes, you can attempt to go through all the arches for each characters. I still haven't finished DC II yet >.<

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-03-16, 10:31   Link #27
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
unexistant? I admit DCSS was poorly executed in terms of integration in some places, but one does not write off Tamaki-sama as unexistant!!

*is carted away by meganeshounen after relentlessflame calls down another Tamaki arrow strike to barricade him in*
Well, a few people thought that Aisia was just yet another inserted character somewhere mid-series (if you look at the first Da Capo as a uncut 2-season anime)... and suddenly, they decide to make a certain someone appear in the new game. (Without aging a year, no less.)

Either way, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, and they're free to choose.
(Shirakawa/Kotori/Nanaka forever~~)

*dumps KBTKaiser near Hatsunejima's docks to be deported out*
Old 2008-03-16, 13:53   Link #28
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Well, a few people thought that Aisia was just yet another inserted character somewhere mid-series (if you look at the first Da Capo as a uncut 2-season anime)... and suddenly, they decide to make a certain someone appear in the new game. (Without aging a year, no less.)

Either way, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, and they're free to choose.
(Shirakawa/Kotori/Nanaka forever~~)
Why should D.C. and D.C.S.S. be considered one season? They're completely separate stories, and watching the second season is not necessary at all to get a satisfying ending. (As a matter of fact, I think I would have preferred it if it never even existed. Aisia was just too annoying, and I hardly ever hate fictional characters, yet I seriously wanted to kill her.)
This time however, the previous season hardly focused on Yume, Otome or Anzu at all, and besides, what romance-anime ends without the main character getting a girlfriend? Therefore, a second season seems completely logical. (And I can't help but wonder, will Minatsu still be in it?)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-16 at 13:56. Reason: Removed game spoiler -- see first post.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:02   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Why should D.C. and D.C.S.S. be considered one season? They're completely separate stories, and watching the second season is not necessary at all to get a satisfying ending. (As a matter of fact, I think I would have preferred it if it never even existed. Aisia was just too annoying, and I hardly ever hate fictional characters, yet I seriously wanted to kill her.)
This time however, the previous season hardly focused on Yume, Otome or Anzu at all, and besides, what romance-anime ends without the main character getting a girlfriend? Therefore, a second season seems completely logical. (And I can't help but wonder, will Minatsu still be in it?)
Well, I agree in practice, but not entirely in principle. D.C.S.S. was written as a seperate story, but it was designed to follow up the original. It can't stand alone. In terms of the "canon D.C. anime universe", D.C.S.S. is the official ending that leads to D.C. II (as illustrated on D.C. II DVD 0). So your irrational hatred for Aisia aside, they're seperate seasons/productions, but they do fit together. It makes sense to see them in both ways.

As for D.C. II, this really is just a 13-week break in the same show. It's completely the same production, same staff, same writers, same animators, etc. They just took a break. So in this case, it definitely makes sense to see them as one whole, even though each half can stand on its own to some degree as well (D.C. II season one did have a fairly complete ending for the primary plot it was covering).

As for Minatsu...
Spoiler for Hint from the Second Season Anime Production Website:

P.S. I removed the game spoiler. As per the first post: "You may not post spoilers of future events as covered in the game or either manga series EVEN BEHIND SPOILER TAGS."
Old 2008-03-16, 14:31   Link #30
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Well, I agree in practice, but not entirely in principle. D.C.S.S. was written as a seperate story, but it was designed to follow up the original. It can't stand alone. In terms of the "canon D.C. anime universe", D.C.S.S. is the official ending that leads to D.C. II (as illustrated on D.C. II DVD 0). So your irrational hatred for Aisia aside, they're seperate seasons/productions, but they do fit together. It makes sense to see them in both ways.

As for D.C. II, this really is just a 13-week break in the same show. It's completely the same production, same staff, same writers, same animators, etc. They just took a break. So in this case, it definitely makes sense to see them as one whole, even though each half can stand on its own to some degree as well (D.C. II season one did have a fairly complete ending for the primary plot it was covering).

As for Minatsu...
Spoiler for Hint from the Second Season Anime Production Website:

P.S. I removed the game spoiler. As per the first post: "You may not post spoilers of future events as covered in the game or either manga series EVEN BEHIND SPOILER TAGS."
Okay, I didn't realise that mentioning stuff from the game that won't necessarily even be in the anime was against the rules of the thread, but I guess it makes sense, being that we can't really know what will be in there. And I kinda understand your point about the previous seasons, but the second season still felt like a random sequel to a story that didn't really need to continue in my opinion. Meh, not like it matters anyway. The point is, it definitely makes a lot more sense to continue this story, as it still lacks a lot of... stuff. Like proper character-development, which the previous season severely lacked.

As for the spoiler...
Spoiler for Replying to the spoiler:

And I fail to see how my hate for Aisia is any more irrational than the constant love of Kotori and Nanaka, who are both extremely overrated if you ask me... (I don't have a problem with them or anything, I just don't see why everyone likes them so much.) or the constant hate of Nemu, for that matter.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:42   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
And I fail to see how my hate for Aisia is any more irrational than the constant love of Kotori and Nanaka, who are both extremely overrated if you ask me... (I don't have a problem with them or anything, I just don't see why everyone likes them so much.) or the constant hate of Nemu, for that matter.
Not as if you'll get me to disagree with that! I do like Kotori and Nanaka well enough, but they have extremely loyal and vocal fanboys. Likewise with Nemu; I like her well enough, but she has some very loyal and vocal haters. Both are mostly the same group, of course.

And your disliking Aisia isn't all that irrational (she was there to cause trouble after all), but "seriously wanting to kill her" is just a tad bit much...

In any event, back to the spoiler topic... we'll have to wait and see, of course.
Old 2008-03-17, 03:38   Link #32
vio5555

Don't worry fellow Kotori fans.

Any day now they're going to come to their senses and release a NICE BOAT OVA where Sakura and Nemu will kill each other off and Kotori will be there to pick up the broken pieces of Junichi's heart, or at least keep them in her backpack for all times to show her undying dedication.

On a more serious note I've been waiting for DCSS II to finally bring the drama back to this series.
Old 2008-03-17, 03:58   Link #33
Chikaru sama
~ Yuri & Yaoi ~

Send a message via MSN to Chikaru sama
ummm i dont think having a nice boat on Da capo would be goo the series is good n all just the storylines u know how u feel about Kotori since i'm a Kotori fan aswell but killing in Da capo wouldnt fit the picture for me just look at as a peaceful anime =]

Like to Thanks TheEroKing for the Signature
Old 2008-03-17, 22:00   Link #34
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikaru sama View Post
ummm i dont think having a nice boat on Da capo would be goo the series is good n all just the storylines u know how u feel about Kotori since i'm a Kotori fan aswell but killing in Da capo wouldnt fit the picture for me just look at as a peaceful anime =]
I was just kidding ;p

Da Capo had to go the way it did; the story really couldn't have made any sense with him ending up with Kotori, even if she is my favorite.
Old 2008-03-18, 01:05   Link #35
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I was just kidding ;p

Da Capo had to go the way it did; the story really couldn't have made any sense with him ending up with Kotori, even if she is my favorite.
Then again, there's Hina-chan.... and the Christmas Days pseudo-epilogue for Kotori... AND then there's Da Capo II ~Imaginary Future~.

Either way, I'll let the plot rest and give it time to work itself out. The next season isn't that far anyway.
Old 2008-03-25, 14:29   Link #36
Vegard Aune

I'm just going to make a late reply to a post from several days ago now.
Quote:
Heh - I think that's sort of a "feature not a bug". The yozuca*/CooRie OP/ED combo basically defines all Da Capo material these days (games and anime). It practically wouldn't be Da Capo without it!
I'm not complaining about them using the same artists, I just think it's a bit dumb that all their songs sound the same. "Sonzai" and "Kioku Love Letter" were distinct enough to not sound completely identical, but everything else is just a bit too similar. At first, I couldn't even tell the difference between the ending in D.C.S.S. and D.C. II.
But, both the anime and the games? I didn't know CooRie did any songs for the games... (I downloaded some of the songs. Please don't kill me!)
EDIT: Oh, so "rino" and "CooRie" is the same person... I guess that explains the freakish similarity between the S.S-ending and "Spring has come".
EDIT 2: I read on anime.no, a norwegian anime-site that this season will start airing on the fifth of April. Can anyone here confirm this?
Old 2008-03-25, 16:34   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
EDIT 2: I read on anime.no, a norwegian anime-site that this season will start airing on the fifth of April. Can anyone here confirm this?
Basically, yes. It'll air on TVK at 12:30am on Sunday, April 6th, which will essentially translate in to April 5th for most of the rest of the world.
Old 2008-03-27, 13:36   Link #38
Arnaiyus
Golden Justice

Hatsunejima has been updated earlier today with a new D.C. II S.S top page! The prologue is present and I can only speculate that a small trailer will be out in the following days! It's getting close
Old 2008-03-27, 15:38   Link #39
DanielSong39

I just hope they start with the main story this time and take the time to carry it through - I will be tempted to throw something if they waste 8 more episodes on Anzu and Nanaka's paths and group shenandigans before finally getting to the actual story.

Please stick to one story and do it right. It shouldn't be that hard.
Old 2008-03-27, 15:42   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I just hope they start with the main story this time and take the time to carry it through - I will be tempted to throw something if they waste 8 more episodes on Anzu and Nanaka's paths and group shenandigans before finally getting to the actual story.

Please stick to one story and do it right. It shouldn't be that hard.
They've already made it pretty clear that they'll be focusing on Otome and Yume's stories, as they're the main heroines this season. I expect Anzu will also be featured, as there's a pretty easy to integrate her role if they stick to the game story. That being said, there will need to be at least 6-8 episodes of build-up before they can dig into the "main story"; that's a given in any story. They can't just start at the end, even if this is the "middle". But as with the first season, that focused on two characters (Koko and Minatsu) and a third (Nanaka), this season should basically do the same with the three remaining heroines.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen