AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-30, 13:01   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
If she does that, he's probably going to trip over a crack in the pavement, tumble into bramble and end up headfirst in a trashpile- and still catch a hyper-velocity slug with his right hand.

Stuff like that just keeps happening. >_<
It really is a mixed bag with that guy . You'd be happy to have avoided taking a blast, but happiness is limited considering the messed up state afterwards.

At any rate do continue to find the antics with those two pretty entertaining. Though only seen the currently translated portion of this manga. With Mikoto being as persistent as Touma is unlucky this situation could repeat itself for a long time.
Old 2008-10-30, 19:47   Link #62
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Look, I'll be the first one to admit that Touma's power is severely limited... I mean, why think so big? Just create a puddle on the ground, get him to stand on it and shock him -_-
Thing is, if a city wide psi storm couldn't hurt him I seriously doubt this way would work as well. Personally, I'd rather hit the things around that guy and have him hurt himself attempting to avoid the collateral damage. Make the bad luck work for you
Old 2008-10-31, 08:24   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Thing is, if a city wide psi storm couldn't hurt him I seriously doubt this way would work as well.
Wait, when did that happen ?

Maybe he does deserve a bit more credit
Old 2008-11-07, 12:57   Link #64
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'm willing to bet she'd long be satisfied if back with their battle on the beach she'd shocked him through his left hand instead of his right
But considering that she just tried to attack him with a chainsaw whip, I have to wonder about how lethal the shock might have been..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, when did that happen ?

Maybe he does deserve a bit more credit
Their first shown encounter (though not in this Railgun manga). That's the reason why his electronics were fried and his room was so hot.

Chapter 6: Poor Biri Biri, after putting aside her pride (Yeah, I was surprised too. ) for such a cutesy act, Touma just happens to walk in and screw everything up. Mission failed.
Old 2008-11-07, 13:08   Link #65
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
ahh-- i thought they had ch.6 already ^^;;

*sigh*
Old 2008-11-07, 14:01   Link #66
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just read chapter 6

Spoiler for My thoughts:
Old 2008-11-08, 01:45   Link #67
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Their first shown encounter (though not in this Railgun manga).
The timelines are different, so that's in chapter 7, actually.

Last edited by mako1138; 2008-11-08 at 01:47. Reason: remove accidental 'thumbs down' icon
Old 2008-11-08, 03:12   Link #68
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 6:
Old 2008-11-08, 20:41   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Chapter6:
Old 2008-11-27, 16:07   Link #70
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chap 7:
Old 2008-11-27, 16:38   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Chapter 7:
Old 2008-11-27, 16:58   Link #72
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Chap 7:
Old 2008-11-27, 18:07   Link #73
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Furthermore, (And this is the one that bugs me the most) TOUMA's IMAGINE BREAKER CANNOT STOP A COIN FIRED FROM A RAILGUN!! For goodness sake hasn't the artist do some research? What it was suppose to do was hurt Touma's right hand, BADLY. And the only one who i know that can block Railgun would be Accelerator.
Is it said in the novels that he can't? And the novel's author is listed as the manga author on Mangaupdates, with the artist being separate. Is it just being listed that way because it's an adaptation?
Old 2008-11-27, 18:31   Link #74
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Spoiler for ch 7:
Old 2008-11-27, 19:12   Link #75
Mentar
Banned

Soooo sweet ^_^

We definitely need more Railgun. I mean - I've read the raws up to chapter 17 (and wonder where the FISH chapter 18 is), but it's nicer to understand everything, not just the obvious parts ^_^ ... thanks to the scanlators!

I wonder WHY I think this sidestory is so funny. It just tickles me at all the right places. Oh, and please no big fuzz about inconsistencies between novel, manga and anime. This is a sidestory, so let's not get too anal about the discrepancies.
Old 2008-11-27, 19:39   Link #76
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Soooo sweet ^_^

We definitely need more Railgun. I mean - I've read the raws up to chapter 17 (and wonder where the FISH chapter 18 is), but it's nicer to understand everything, not just the obvious parts ^_^ ... thanks to the scanlators!

I wonder WHY I think this sidestory is so funny. It just tickles me at all the right places. Oh, and please no big fuzz about inconsistencies between novel, manga and anime. This is a sidestory, so let's not get too anal about the discrepancies.
The problem of what i got with inconsistencies is that it won't translate well into the anime should JC Staff decided to animate the Railgun stories, they will be some or a lot discrepancies on how things happen in the anime and how things happen in Railgun.

But still, I love Railgun and Biri Biri and her gang and would love see Saten and Uiharu voice and animated. In just a question on how well can they adapt it.
Old 2008-11-27, 20:47   Link #77
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Is it said in the novels that he can't?
The thing with me is that he manages to anticipate an attack that moves 3 times the speed of sound, which means he couldn't have heard it coming since the sound the attack makes is slower than the actual attack yet he manages to block it squarely in the middle of the blast right where the coin is at. Touma can't be THAT lucky .

Quote:
The problem of what i got with inconsistencies is that it won't translate well into the anime should JC Staff decided to animate the Railgun stories, they will be some or a lot discrepancies on how things happen in the anime and how things happen in Railgun.
I can also see that being an issue that they'd have to fix, but I wonder if they'd bother to fix it at all? I mean, if they're running it with inconsistencies in the manga versions, why not the anime versions?
Old 2008-11-27, 21:07   Link #78
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
But still, I love Railgun and Biri Biri and her gang and would love see Saten and Uiharu voice and animated. In just a question on how well can they adapt it.
I'm slightly surprised how rarely Kuroko is mentioned. As much as I love Biribiri, I'd say that Kuroko is the MVP and most diverse character in the show. Mikoto is a reflector - she shines most brightly when Touma (who is MUCH more enjoyable in Railgun compared to Index) and particularly Kuroko highlight her facets. Her overbearing devotion to Onee-sama alone would already be enough to carry the story

What I like most about her is how many different aspects she possesses. In the beginning we mostly get to see her zany and fanatic side, and she's a source for alot of comedy. Seeing her tilt when someone else spends time with Onee-sama (and succeeds with little bits where Kuroko fails) makes me giggle every time I reread it :->

But I particularly appreciate that she isn't reduced to one-dimensional comedic sidekick with hilarious ero-jiji aspects - especially in the later significantly more serious parts we're treated to her more complex sides: Kuroko, the smart, capable, and brave judgement official, and eventually, her vulnerable parts too (I really felt bad for her in the middle of 17, before... well, you'll see *lol*).

Anyway, if it's ever animated (one can dream) and somehow manages to capture the special Railgun atmosphere, Kuroko's seiyuu will have her work cut out for her! Hail Biribiri, but don't forget Kuroko!
Old 2008-11-27, 21:20   Link #79
ssc2good

Quote:
Spoiler for Chap 7:
Spoiler for chapter 7 and light novel vol 1:
Old 2008-11-27, 21:31   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc2good View Post
Spoiler for chapter 7 and light novel vol 1:
That's right. The Sisters were mentioned in the novel at that scene, but the manga/etc. were the ones to take it out.
The anime seems to be making the whole thing a surprise, but they secretly put in that blimp during episode 6... And then watchers are going to be like "Ohh! That was..."...

Overall, it doesn't really matter if there are inconsistencies.
1. Heck, the original novel has inconsistencies by itself. How much does more inconsistencies hurt? <--not really serious
2. This was supposed to be some spin-off manga after all, so it is not like the manga-ka cares if her manga doesn't go by the same events as the novel.

I hope Saten gets a voiced role in the anime...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen