AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-06-02, 22:30   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Manga - Spoilers & Speculation for Index Novel Readers

This is a thread where people who are both Railgun Manga readers and Index Light Novel readers can speculate about future developments in the Railgun manga based on what they know from the Index Light Novels.

As this is a definite spoiler thread, tags are not required in most case, but please do use spoiler tags for any content that has not yet been translated in either the Index Light Novels or the Railgun Manga.
Old 2013-06-04, 18:01   Link #2
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Misak==child error?

I wonder if Exterior is an access point to the Sisters network.

On a side note: I think Misaki is a child error.

I bring this up because the researchers were not afraid of the repercussions if they disposed of her and because we never see or hear about her parents even during Daihasesai.

This means both Misaki and Accelerator are child errors. We can tell Mugino is one too. Gunha is probably one as well considering the fact that Academy city just rounded him up in the manner that they did. Kakine probably is one as well. Therefore, Mikoto and the #6 are the only level 5 espers that we don't know are child errors?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 18:07   Link #3
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I wonder if Exterior is an access point to the Sisters network and if Misaki is a child error.

I bring this up because the researchers were not afraid of the repercussions if they disposed of her and because we never see or hear about her parents even during Daihasesai.

This means she and Accelerator are probably both child errors? Mugino too? Gunha... maybe? Kakine probably... too? Um... so is Mikoto and maybe #6 the only ones we don't know are most likely child errors?
There is no evidence about Mugino, there is a shoot of loli Mugino with a Alfred butler, but that means nothing.

Accelerator is heavily implied. Kakine and Gunha, same as Mugino.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 18:23   Link #4
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
There is no evidence about Mugino, there is a shoot of loli Mugino with a Alfred butler, but that means nothing.

Accelerator is heavily implied. Kakine and Gunha, same as Mugino.
All I'm saying is how exactly would their parents let them be going through what they are going through if this were true? Wouldn't they be worried? If they had parents, their parents would be possible hostages for them, right? Probably?... If they had parents, they would probably visit them... It is true that Accelerator is much more heavily implied than any of the others. I think Misaki is implied as well though from the last two chapters.

Also: I believe Mugino is one. Here's some evidence:
Spoiler for from novel 22:

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-04 at 18:51.
Old 2013-06-04, 19:09   Link #5
Haigon

We don't see Saten's, Tsuchimikado's, Musujime's and Aogami's parents

Are they all orphans?
Old 2013-06-04, 19:41   Link #6
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We don't see Ruiko's parents but we know she has a mother, who gave her a charm because she was wary of all dat science in Academy City, so we know she's not an orphan.
Old 2013-06-04, 19:57   Link #7
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
We don't see Saten's, Tsuchimikado's, Musujime's and Aogami's parents

Are they all orphans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We don't see Ruiko's parents but we know she has a mother, who gave her a charm because she was wary of all dat science in Academy City, so we know she's not an orphan.
Yep: Kamachi clearly demonstrates which people have Families or not. Considering the fact that
Spoiler for New Testament Volume 7:
He obviously doesn't have parents otherwise he wouldn't need to fake his relatives and parents...

Aogami's parents are just not mentioned because Aogami doesn't even appear that much compared to the other characters... Musujime similarly doesn't appear that much compared to the other characters... I'm just saying. Aogami probably has parents.

A general rule: most likely anyone in the darkness of Academy city doesn't have parents to turn to. This should include Awaki/Accelerator/ITEM/GROUP/MEMBER/...

We saw Saten has a mother she is fond of. Misaka has a mother she is fond of. Basically, we hear about the parents of many of the main characters. Kuroko/ Uiharu most likely have parents. In contrast, Misaki was going to be disposed of by the organization. Generally researchers can only dispose of espers if those espers are child errors. This is why Amata could have disposed of Accelerator, because he was most likely a child error.

In contrast, Crowley didn't want to dispose of Mikoto, but he was ok with disposing of Mikoto's mother 2 times even if Mikoto's dad was against it... The difference in this case is that they wouldn't be able to complain at all. In Shokuhou's case, cloning is banned by international law. If her parents complained about cloning it would become a very large problem in comparison (probably not because of Aleister's influence, but it would hurt the Exterior Project). Considering the fact that Misaki's first friend seems to be Dolly, there's a good chance this is because she was a child error. I didn't post this in the other thread, but the main reason I consider Misaki as probably being a child error is that

She knows Touma from when they were both young. He was in AC since kindergarten. So... he could have helped her in the past. She mentions this time he was very mad at her and many other meetings they had. This is why I feel like she had some sad past. Being a child error seems likely in this case. Otherwise, if they were going to be targeted by AC why couldn't they try going back to their parents or at least calling them? Because they don't have parents.

The general rule of thumb is:

Characters who will be important later have their parents shown or their family/background explained and fleshed out extensively. More minor characters don't have this explained. That's just how the Index series is.

I'm pretty sure most of the level 5's would be child errors anyway because to be a level 5, you already have to have a pretty strange/psychotic personality in some way e.g. Mikoto's obsession with attacking Touma which is why generally they would be abandoned. Mikoto's quirk is more comedic so her parents don't mind. She's the "happy-go-lucky" level 5 compared to the others. Gunha is also an exception because he's so ignorant to everything dark in Academy City (and because he's pretty much invulnerable to most attacks lol).
Old 2013-06-04, 21:52   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Or you know, his family are big names in Omnyouji and are connected to the church and all that so it wouldn't be smart to actually write that down?

This is like espionage 101, you don't actually use your real particulars.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 23:58   Link #9
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Or you know, his family are big names in Omnyouji and are connected to the church and all that so it wouldn't be smart to actually write that down?

This is like espionage 101, you don't actually use your real particulars.
True: but I feel like in every other case, almost all of the level 5's are probably child errors... Accelerator's parents would have been so proud of him helping save the world They should have believed in him more like Touma's parents.
Old 2013-06-05, 00:13   Link #10
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
She knows Touma from when they were both young. He was in AC since kindergarten. So... he could have helped her in the past. She mentions this time he was very mad at her and many other meetings they had. This is why I feel like she had some sad past. Being a child error seems likely in this case. Otherwise, if they were going to be targeted by AC why couldn't they try going back to their parents or at least calling them? Because they don't have parents.
What's Misaki and Touma's relationship??
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:56   Link #11
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What's Misaki and Touma's relationship??
No one really knows what their relationship is. All we know is that they've met before (several times apparently), he got mad at her for something, he helped/saved her and as a result she blindly trusts him because of whatever he did for her. Anything other than that is pure speculation until Kamachi-sensei fills us in. Hopefully he will let us know during Misaki's flash backs or in future novels.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 04:13   Link #12
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
No one really knows what their relationship is. All we know is that they've met before (several times apparently), he got mad at her for something, he helped/saved her and as a result she blindly trusts him because of whatever he did for her. Anything other than that is pure speculation until Kamachi-sensei fills us in. Hopefully he will let us know during Misaki's flash backs or in future novels.
Well... we do know she doesn't know he beat Accelerator. We know he knows her from before Daihasesai, because she knew his name without him telling her and because he knew about her as a level 5 in Index volume 1. I'm guessing we might find out in this flashback. We still don't know how or why Misaki eventually completed Exterior and put it safely at its current location.

I take it that I'm the only one who noticed this:

"The Imaginary Number District Five Elements Institution was said to be the district that did not fit any of the numbers for the 23 districts of Academy City.
And many different rumors of imaginary technology had been derived from this invisible laboratory known as the Imaginary Number District.
There was the supposed AI that controlled all of the ethics, militaries, and economies of the world via the internet.
There was the supposed Clone Dolly workshop that stored the DNA of great men and saints from around the world and had analyzed their genetics to the point that they could create as many geniuses as needed at the push of a button.
There was the idea that the silicorandom synapses used in Tree Diagram’s processing engine could only be made with imaginary technology from the Imaginary Number District and thus could not be remade."

From Volume 3 Chapter 2 Section 8. Wow...

I can see the relationship to Exterior which is a DNA computer that creates Esper powers.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-05 at 05:25.
Old 2013-06-05, 05:31   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Here's the problem- they were talking about the Imaginary Number District, and we all know what that turned out to be.

But call me surprised- they talked about it as early as in Volume 3
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 09:14   Link #14
whitecloud

maybe...there is "the imaginary number district" where kazakiri and aiwass reside and there is some kind of secret area "district", where there is a large number of lab, one of them exterior, but in the rumor its being jumbled together, when its supposed to be separate thing
Old 2013-06-05, 09:50   Link #15
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
maybe...there is "the imaginary number district" where kazakiri and aiwass reside and there is some kind of secret area "district", where there is a large number of lab, one of them exterior, but in the rumor its being jumbled together, when its supposed to be separate thing
Maybe. There's a decent chance that Exterior is related to Aleister Crowley's main plan if Exterior is indeed connected to the Imaginary number district. This makes Exterior seem more and more important and makes it seem like Gensei will be making Aleister Crowley more and more annoyed with his actions: Going after the Misaka Network and Exterior... I think that at some point real soon Aleister's going to give him a piece of his mind.

On another note: another reason I think Shokuhou is a child error is that in chapter 48 page 17 Mikoto's friends are talking and they say how Tokiwadai students are staying in hotels during Daihasesai and that the rooms are divided up by family. However, Misaki's parents aren't there...
Old 2013-06-05, 10:02   Link #16
whitecloud

by the way, what gensei want to do anyway with exterior? he's researching SYSTEM so it is possible he want to become like aiwass?
Old 2013-06-05, 22:49   Link #17
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
by the way, what gensei want to do anyway with exterior? he's researching SYSTEM so it is possible he want to become like aiwass?
I don't really think so. But it appears as if he himself can use Exterior the way Shokuhou phrases it. I really am not entirely sure about his current goal, but I believe that he might want to use this power to possibly help level up Rikou or maybe give himself esper powers? He wouldn't be the first Kihara to steal a level 5's powers for his/her own.

Anyway, now it's obvious that the Dolly's were the precursors to the sisters because I remember now that the researcher told Accelerator that the Misaka clones can be recreated at a push of a button. And from the quote I took from the light novel above:

There was the supposed Clone Dolly workshop that stored the DNA of great men and saints from around the world and had analyzed their genetics to the point that they could create as many geniuses as needed at the push of a button.

I'm sure the techniques from the Clone Dolly workshop were used to do the Sisters project. Since the sentence above is just a rumor: it might be imperfect and just be the precursor of the Sisters project. But Misaki might be partially responsible unintentionally in this case for the Sisters project and therefore feels guilty because she allowed the researchers to get information from Dolly.

Now it makes sense that she's also nice to clones because one of her few friends is/was a clone.

Edit: separate topic:

Also, does anyone else think that having the researchers using Shokuhou to create exterior even while she was weak is another not too subtle reference to the existence of the parameter list. If Mikoto learns about Shokuhou's past eventually, she might realize about it soon enough. Technically, we don't actually know if she never found out about it/ obtained access to it.

Mikoto wouldn't be able to do anything about it even if she found out and wouldn't want to ruin her friends hopes, but it would suck if she learned about this and was unable to even tell her friends... She really should realize this at some point. I mean: she was the one who got her DNA taken before she was a level 5 after-all. How did she herself not eventually realize this? Maybe because it was more traumatic for her.

However, I really hope she does find out eventually. This would strengthen the cohesion between the three different "factions" later on. I really wonder what's going to happen if the existence of the parameter list ever came to light.

The bad thing about her finding out would be feeling very very guilty anytime anyone mentioned that they should work as hard as her to become a level 5... and she would feel even worse about using that line. This would destroy her moral high-ground and actually be very interesting especially since she's the most sympathetic of the level 5's (probably) to humans (not trees).

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-06 at 15:56.
Old 2013-06-07, 18:48   Link #18
rladls716

It would be funny if Touma touch his right hand at both Saten and Xochitl because for Saten, her missing memories might be restored and for Xochitl, her disguise might be exposed since her aztec magic wears off. It is gain for Saten and loss for Xochitl
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:41   Link #19
Haigon

Can Imagine Breaker restore the memories?

Wasn't it unable to negate after-effects of supernatural origin (i.e. heal a burn caused by a magical fire)?
Old 2013-06-07, 20:42   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
It would be funny if Touma touch his right hand at both Saten and Xochitl because for Saten, her missing memories might be restored and for Xochitl, her disguise might be exposed since her aztec magic wears off. It is gain for Saten and loss for Xochitl
if Touma touch Xochitl she would be dead.