AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-16, 03:33   Link #601
wao
OK.

Ooh dear, she seems to have spelled "Unbalance" wrongly... It should be アンバランス but who cares It's a nice pic!

And regarding who's coming back in the manga,
Spoiler:

Does anyone think this anime may have a 2nd season?
Old 2004-12-16, 14:29   Link #602
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

@ Dejiko: wow, great artwork, your friend's really talented!

Re Genshiken : I was delaying the watching of ep7 since after that it'll be a long genshiken-less drought before I can enjoy any more episodes (really hoping somebody licenses this), but I've finally watched said episode and ...
Spoiler for episode 7:
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 15:05   Link #603
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by s'my
@ Dejiko: wow, great artwork, your friend's really talented!

Re Genshiken : I was delaying the watching of ep7 since after that it'll be a long genshiken-less drought before I can enjoy any more episodes (really hoping somebody licenses this), but I've finally watched said episode and ...
Spoiler for episode 7:
Spoiler:
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 15:14   Link #604
Ruisu
勇気ある者

Send a message via AIM to Ruisu
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Does anyone think this anime may have a 2nd season?
The number of 12-episode series that have second seasons can only be counted in one hand, so don't get your hopes up. Considering Genshiken is pretty popular, the chance still exists (I'm dying to see who they get to voice Ogiue...), though I haven't heard anything. Also depends on how episodes 11 and 12 play out. There's plenty of stuff that hasn't been worked with...including an infamous (yet "I so saw this coming") moment in story 30 of the manga. >.>;
Ruisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 15:53   Link #605
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruisu
There's plenty of stuff that hasn't been worked with...including an infamous (yet "I so saw this coming") moment in story 30 of the manga. >.>;
Spoiler:
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 20:44   Link #606
kujoe
from head to heel

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 01:06   Link #607
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-17, 02:52   Link #608
Sokar

Just saw ep 8, funniest ending ever!
Spoiler:
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 03:12   Link #609
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 03:17   Link #610
USCPharmacist

Or it could be Ohno's evil scheme ehehe

Anyway a few things I notice in episode 8

1. It was drawn by monkeys.....the quality was.....good for monkeys drawing.
Or that the producer hired some random Chinese or Korean off the street with no skill in drawing straight line what so ever to draw and ink the episode. It reminds me of 2x2 ninja, except it is not funny.

2. I thought you are suppose to ink or spray the part first before you put the plamo together.

3. They must be building very old model, I meant paint thinner? wtf? Most model now a day do not require glue or thinner. Case in point my Eva 00 perfect grade (well there is one part that require glue, but that's a very small part).

4. A very funny episode, too bad the art is......distracting to say the least.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 03:28   Link #611
Sokar

USCPharmacist

I think you should update the anime directors on otakuness. Not that suprising that things aren't up to date since maybe the mangaka got out of touch of current otaku trends.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 06:06   Link #612
Archaic

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-17, 10:39   Link #613
wao
OK.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Tomokazu Seki's voice acting sounds really non-Tomokazu Seki in Genshiken? I just couldn't recognize it until told... Perhaps that's what his normal voice really sounds like and he's been having to act differently for all his usual roles like Tate and Yzak and whatnot. Even in Gankutsuou he didn't sound as usual.

I'm not complaining though, it's great that he's more versatile than I thought!

What really shocked me, though, was that Madarame's seiyuu voiced Airs Blue in Infinite Ryvius (totally different from Madarame) and Chenshin Kao in PlanetES (also totally different from Madarame) and Murata Azrael in Gundam Seed (also totally different from Madarame) and all three are quite different from each other, too!
... and he's also voiced Hiei in Yu Yu Hakusho (never watched that.)
Old 2004-12-17, 11:08   Link #614
cf18
Mecha Pilot

You completely missed the point of this episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
2. I thought you are suppose to ink or spray the part first before you put the plamo together.

3. They must be building very old model, I meant paint thinner? wtf? Most model now a day do not require glue or thinner. Case in point my Eva 00 perfect grade (well there is one part that require glue, but that's a very small part).
That's the newbie/kiddy way to build model. Pros test fit, sand, glue, sand again, mask, paint/ink, dry, paint again, dry, decal, and coating. They haven't get into kit bashing and scratch build yet, but I guess that may happens later.

Modern day Bandai plamo are very newbie friendly. you can put together a good toy with a little effort. But why would you expect that in an otaku anime? It takes a lot of time to do these professionally. Here are some pics from some skilled builders:
http://codyscoop.com/gallery/g/mgallery.shtml
http://www.heavyarmourstudio.com/Gallery02.html
http://park14.wakwak.com/~y_craft/
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 11:52   Link #615
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18
That's the newbie/kiddy way to build model. Pros test fit, sand, glue, sand again, mask, paint/ink, dry, paint again, dry, decal, and coating. They haven't get into kit bashing and scratch build yet, but I guess that may happens later.

Here are some pics from some skilled builders:
http://codyscoop.com/gallery/g/mgallery.shtml
http://www.heavyarmourstudio.com/Gallery02.html
http://park14.wakwak.com/~y_craft/
Even then you've really simplified the process. ^^;

Clip, sand, scribe, test fit, sand, testfit, glue/weld, sand, putty, sand, prime (if there's imperfections, then stripe the primer, resand, putty and reprime), panel lines, max shade, highlight, mask, paint (thin layers),[ coat, mask, paint second color (more layers)]*, detail (weathering, etc.. average 7 steps per detail), gloss coat, decals, matt coat, shade and recoat with a matt finish.

[]* - repeat for each different color

Putting the model together is the easy part, making it look good is where the challenge lies. The entire painting process alone can take days if you actually wait, like your supposed to, for the paint to cure 6 hours between layers and 12 hours after matt/gloss coats.

I like this guy's site and models -> Fichtenfoo.com
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 11:57   Link #616
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire
Spoiler:
Gah, Sasahara was definitely not portrayed to be as dorky.

How popular is Genshiken in Japan? Thought it was more of a niche anime (if there is such a thing ). Guess it'd be too much to hope for all the manga storylines to be animated (and I understand the manga isn't finished yet). I'm glad I got to see the "infamous moment of manga story 30" thanks to some lovely person on the forum, it looks hilarious.
Spoiler:
And wow, Madarame's seiyuu Hiyama Nobuyuki does seem really versatile.

Dunno much about model building, but from what I saw in a segment of Otaku no video (such an authoritative source right ^^), yah there was sanding and what-not involved - but they were featuring garage kits?
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 12:17   Link #617
USCPharmacist

Oh, I thought you process all the parts first before you even put them together so that it is easier. I know if you want to be hard core you customise the crap out of all the parts. My friend build some models for display in his shop and I saw how he spray paint all the parts and sand the edges. It was fun building the things with him but I don't really have time to do it alone. About the only model I enjoy building is the Zoids series hehehehe (I know they are more like toys, but I just love robotic T-rex)....ok and they are ultra easy, no paint thinner needed

Anyway I hope the quality of the animation improve, I don't know how long I can stand fugly art....hell even Elfen Lied manga has better art, that says a lot.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 13:56   Link #618
wao
OK.

Well the next episode will apparently have decent animation by this show's standards (like the first ep perhaps... at least according to others that I have seen, and that the animation director from ep 1 who also draws the ed pics is being animation director for the next ep)... Also it'll be directed and storyboarded by Tsutomu Mizushima (Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu series and ova director, directed OP for Genshiken and Kujibiki Unbalance.).

I think we can enjoy. I mean we MUST enjoy! It's Madarame and erogames for cripes sake! (2:58 am in the morning... should sleeeeep...)
Old 2004-12-17, 14:13   Link #619
naught
Enjoy & Relevant

Quote:
Spoiler:
I think she already did appear in the anime, too:

http://www.cyril.dreamhost.com/a/res/1300.html#1363

edit: Anyway, I guess Ogiue should appear in episode 11, which is covering the manga chapter in which she appears for the first time.

Last edited by naught; 2004-12-17 at 14:53.
naught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 19:06   Link #620
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by s'my
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tags
seinen