Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Well the next episode will apparently have decent animation by this show's standards (like the first ep perhaps... at least according to others that I have seen, and that the animation director from ep 1 who also draws the ed pics is being animation director for the next ep)... Also it'll be directed and storyboarded by Tsutomu Mizushima (Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu series and ova director, directed OP for Genshiken and Kujibiki Unbalance.).
You're right on that one. After the dive in the art on episodes 7 and 8, I'm glad episode 9 turned out well.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-12-17 at 20:10.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 13:14   Link #622
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 22:32   Link #623
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i've just had the pleasure of picture-reading the Genshiken manga raws, and now im even more curious over the new girl!

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-18, 23:43   Link #624
Sokar

Hmm, shouldn't the discussion of the manga belong in the MANGA SECTION? Genshiken needs a new thread in the manga section just like School Rumble, or else this entire thread will be turned into a discussion of the manga.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 05:17   Link #625
naught
Enjoy & Relevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
Hmm, shouldn't the discussion of the manga belong in the MANGA SECTION? Genshiken needs a new thread in the manga section just like School Rumble, or else this entire thread will be turned into a discussion of the manga.
There already is a thread for the Genshiken manga in the manga section and it has already been linked several times in this thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24541
naught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 12:06   Link #626
Archaic

Ah, but see, what we're talking about now isn't what will happen in the manga, but rather, what scenes from the manga we can expect to see in the anime.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 14:17   Link #627
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Ah, but see, what we're talking about now isn't what will happen in the manga, but rather, what scenes from the manga we can expect to see in the anime.

yeah!!

thats my point, i want to see the stuff i mentioned in my previous post, appear in the anime

Old 2004-12-19, 20:10   Link #628
mcovey

did anyone else just not get episode 8?

I never watched gundam (not a mech fan) and I'm not into models so it was really new stuff to me. I was stopping every 10 seconds to read the notes at the top.

Spoiler:
mcovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 20:56   Link #629
7thMethuselah

After watching episode 8, I must say i never realised that model building is a part of what otaku's do as well... I thought that was a completely different hobby. By the looks of it it ain't that simple either. I wonder if the majority of otaku's in japan also builds models or is it just a minority, a subgroup if you want.

I tried buildng a model once and I must say it was damn hard, and it required lots of patience, I discovered very fast that it wasn't my kind of thing

Oh I didn't think Saki did it on purpose, she was just acting like any complete ignorant civilian would I did feel sorry for Ohno though (after all she is my favorite char closely followed by madarame-kun )
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:31   Link #630
Sokar

Quote:
The fansubs section is for the discussion about fansubs, the anime series. The manga section is about the discussion about the manga. When someone sees spoilers in the fansub section they expect to see fansub spoilers, not manga spoilers. Yes, you can make lame ass excuses about how the anime might not follow the manga exactly. But that doesn't change the fact that if the anime follows the manga pretty closely then the manga stuff will probably happen, as in this case.

And discussion is for discussing. You guys are not predicting on the story line but predicting on whether or not something in the manga will make it to the anime, which it has a very high possibility of making, as in almost 100%. And from what little I read you guys aren't even predicting but correcting someone and saying that things will happen after some event instead of some other event.

If you must say something about the manga. Marked it SPECIFICALLY AS MANGA SPOILERS PLEASE. That way people like me who doesn't want to know everything in advance before we watch the anime won't spoil ourselves. Regular spoilers is for the current fansub version only, which means that the stuff on there won't spoil you if you seen the most recently fansubbed episode. But you guys' spoilers are way ahead. Please be considerate of others next time you post manga stuff, and please at least use manga spoilers.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 23:30   Link #631
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
I never knew those model kits were called plamos. You really do learn something new everyday.

As for episode 8 itself.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
After watching episode 8, I must say i never realised that model building is a part of what otaku's do as well... I thought that was a completely different hobby. By the looks of it it ain't that simple either. I wonder if the majority of otaku's in japan also builds models or is it just a minority, a subgroup if you want.
Besides Tanaka, the Genshiken members looked like they only tried it out of curiousity but really weren't into it in a big way. So it's probably more of a subculture.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 00:04   Link #632
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz
As for episode 8 itself.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-20, 01:55   Link #633
Archaic

Can't really disagree with anything about what Sokar's said......except for this

Quote:
You guys are not predicting on the story line but predicting on whether or not something in the manga will make it to the anime, which it has a very high possibility of making, as in almost 100%.
Considering the amount of material in the manga, and the short length of the series, no it doesn't. Look at episode 3 for instance. That combined two seperate chapters of the manga. I don't think any of us would've predicted that at first.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 05:41   Link #634
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Spoiler for episode 8:
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 06:05   Link #635
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

hey Sokar, if you don't want things spoiled for you.

DON'T PRESS THE SPOILER BUTTON.

don't blame us, just cos you can't keep your itching spoiling button pushing finger to yourself.

You knew it was about the manga, cos i mentioned it,
it could of been something about the anime, or the manga related to the anime. you juist don't know. but thats the risk of spoilers.

yet you still pushed the frigging button.
then you had to go about and blame someone else?
take repsonsiblity for your actions mate.
No one forced you to push it.

"regular spoilers" heh. they are called spoilers for a reason, and everytime you press one, you risk knowing more about the anime and the manga.

The anime doesn't follow the manga 100%!!!!!

They mess it up, add new scenes, change certain panels, might not even not show certain characters, cos of limited number of episodes planned for production.

so even if you read the manga, it's not going to go the way you expect it to.

Genshiken is no exception.

I stand by my post, we were discussing wether certain things were going to appear in the anime, with reference to the manga.
Old 2004-12-20, 06:51   Link #636
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
hey Sokar, if you don't want things spoiled for you.

DON'T PRESS THE SPOILER BUTTON.

don't blame us, just cos you can't keep your itching spoiling button pushing finger to yourself.

You knew it was about the manga, cos i mentioned it,
it could of been something about the anime, or the manga related to the anime. you juist don't know. but thats the risk of spoilers.

yet you still pushed the frigging button.
then you had to go about and blame someone else?
take repsonsiblity for your actions mate.
No one forced you to push it.

"regular spoilers" heh. they are called spoilers for a reason, and everytime you press one, you risk knowing more about the anime and the manga.

The anime doesn't follow the manga 100%!!!!!

They mess it up, add new scenes, change certain panels, might not even not show certain characters, cos of limited number of episodes planned for production.

so even if you read the manga, it's not going to go the way you expect it to.

Genshiken is no exception.

I stand by my post, we were discussing wether certain things were going to appear in the anime, with reference to the manga.
That's the kind of thinking that led to the naruto forum having stricter rules than the rest of animesuki...
Even if you don't click them, it's very annoying to be unable to read half the posts because of the spoilers. If something has already happened in the anime, and you're comparing it to the same events in the manga, that's one thing. However, speculating about what will happen in future episodes based on the manga is uncalled for. You can do that in the manga thread. Whether or not you think it necessary is irrelevant. If there are other people who do, it's just common courtesy to respect their wishes. Is it really that much trouble to go to another thread to talk about this stuff?
Old 2004-12-20, 07:08   Link #637
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
If you must say something about the manga. Marked it SPECIFICALLY AS MANGA SPOILERS PLEASE.
This is a reasonable request so can I ask people to follow these suggestions. It shouldn't be that much hassle to mark spoilers in this way (or to supply a header with any of the spoiler tags you make).

I'm sure we are all enjoying this series as well as the discussion in this thread as well as the Genshiken manga thread, please let's not get into a shouting match if people should or should not click the spoiler button.

May I suggest everyone shows some common courtesy (as Kamui4356 has already said) so that everyone can enjoy the discussion.

Reminder:
If you want to add a spoiler header, it's very easy. All you need is this
[ spoiler=header ]text[ /spoiler ]
So for example it would look like this
Spoiler for episode 8:

Please note that it replaces the "=" with "for", so "spoiler=episode 8" becomes "Spoiler for episode 8"

And to get back on topic
Spoiler for episode 8 and Saki:

Like so many of these Genshiken episodes, I can relate to the reactions and feeling (of both sides really), how Saki is mystified and how the group members so easily relate to common interests.

Last edited by xris; 2004-12-20 at 07:20.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 08:13   Link #638
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by s'my
Spoiler for episode 8:
Spoiler for episode 8:
Old 2004-12-20, 11:57   Link #639
Archaic

Spoiler for Episode 11: