AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2019-06-03, 20:24   Link #21
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
Well, yes, of course there is, but you explicitly asked for stuff were the hero isn't fighting. If that's not a hard requirement, then I recommend to read "A Returner's Magic Should Be Special". It's about the protagonist training students, that the school refuses to teach properly because of status differences... more or less.
More to the point I'm looking for a show that's not ABOUT the hero fighting. Where for one reason or another he winds up more focused on training others to fight rather than fight himself. And this is more effective, as in he can potentially train others to fight and they could become better than him. And yes that sounds very close to what I'm thinking of. I'll have to go hunt for a translation. Though I might have trouble with it being manhwa. Sorry to say it but the Korean names are still hard to get used to. No offense to the Koreans out there, I'm sure there's plenty to whom English names seem different.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-04, 13:36   Link #22
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

No worries then, since it's a fantasy world, they all have kind of English sounding names. The protagonist is called Desir, for example. (It's also a different type of isekai in another sense, since their original world is fantasy, too.)

I have the same problem myself and read more Korean stuff recently, but whenever they have Korean names, I can't even properly process their names. That's only slightly confusing when they talk about characters that aren't there at the moment, though. Other than that it doesn't matter to me when all names are basically unreadable.
Old 2019-08-15, 11:14   Link #23
Yan3242

its pretty hard category yeah, because this kind of isekai the MC usually end up to several category:

1. later or half way the MC also join the fray, become powerful than the rest of the cast, outside combat he still a mentor/sort of teacher to improve/power up everyone.

2. same as category 1 but he still the supporter/commander type, the MC strong because how he use his skill and his isekai knowledge.

3. MC almost never go into combat because...
--- A. the series is not about combat (politics, economy, etc) or...
--- B. its a slice of life/relaxing isekai manga where combat is not the focus. but the mentoring/teaching role is still there.

i actually have the same taste of isekai like OP too, but i dont mind even if there is no combat. i just post everything that i know so far...

- Knight and magic (category 1)

- Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja (category 1)

- Otherworld Nation Founding Chronicles (it lean heavy to category 3A but latest chapter (20ish) start going into category 2)

- World Customize Creator (category 2) *the teaching part is more focus on self teaching and use it knowledge to improve/help everyone.

- Kenja no Mago (category 1)

- Accomplishments of the Duke’s Daughter (category 3A) *this is full 100% politic and economy, i legit learned and understand trade and taxes thanks to this manga lol*

- Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko/The Man Picked up by the Gods (category 3B)

- Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi/Gourmet Adventure of Legendary Tamer (category 3B) the teaching part is more like teaching us (the reader) on how to cook many kind of (our this day world) meals

- Ascendance of a Bookworm (category 3B) the theme center around books, so basically how to make paper, ink, press, etc.

- Isekai Yakkyoku (only 1 "serious" fight but its still a category 3B) center around pharmacy, medicine, drugs, basically medication stuff.

- Farming Life in Another World (category 3B), pretty much the title, its all about farming and agriculture stuff (though personally i find it more like minecraft)

Last edited by Yan3242; 2019-08-15 at 12:05.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-15, 13:14   Link #24
Yan3242

also i want to recommend another 4 manga that i enjoy, i put it in new post because this 4 while the teaching part is there, this manga is not on those 3 category at all.

1. Tensei Shitara Ken deshita /I was a Sword when I Reincarnated!

--- i cant put this on any category because, while the manga is quite action-y, the MC is actually the sword that the girl MC use. the teaching/improvement come from the MC taking care/teach the girl MC on pretty much everything. from combat, manner, adapt in new place, info dump, solution to current problem, etc. the MC is basically mentor/father figure for the girl MC.

2. Dungeon Meshi

--- this manga is truly one of it kind. its not isekai and its focus heavy on the food and surviving aspect. what make this manga amazing is how detail the lore info and exposition, every food procurement (how to kill), the making and taste is always in depth complete with it own information down to its fat and diet, all of this is done via teaching and info dumping from the party to each other. i really like this manga.

3. Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki

--- this is not isekai, but a guy playing "extremely real" VR MMORPG so there is no sense of crisis or anything like that, in fact it can be considered a slice of life manga. the story is basically that, a guy playing mmorpg, so the teaching/info dump/exposition is all pretty much stuff you know about mmorpg, from picking the class, how to play it, skill usage, weapon/equipment, crafting/gathering, economy, on demand market, status affliction, step by step how to craft weapon, questing, dungeon guide, even youtube/forum popularity. basically all terminology that exist in mmorpg become a topic for the MC to be learn via self teaching.

4. Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban

--- my favorite, its short and completed manga. its manga about isekai, no not the genre, its literally a manga about "isekai" in a sense. basically this manga is like a forum/BBS where the premise is an MC who got isekaid can post/call help to this forum (manga) so other isekai hero can help each other by giving suggestion and solution, so in a way this manga is about isekai customer service/call. its funny and quite original, there are many case of isekai like a guy who just got isekai suddenly isekai again, to a demon lord got isekai as a hero, to someone who got isekai but the world already in peace, and many more. from all 4 i like this one most.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 23:10   Link #25
cyberdemon

Kyokai Senjou no Horizon. The MC is literally a battery for the actual fighters
Old 2019-08-20, 16:59   Link #26
grecefar

I lost the name but there manga not an isekai but he mc only have an immense charisma and luck, he sucks at fighting and have no talent but all his friends and heroes want to follow him and then he became a guild master for the best guild.

Quite hilarious there are a couple of chapter if I recall.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 15:46   Link #27
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I lost the name but there manga not an isekai but he mc only have an immense charisma and luck, he sucks at fighting and have no talent but all his friends and heroes want to follow him and then he became a guild master for the best guild.

Quite hilarious there are a couple of chapter if I recall.
Finally! Another loser protagonist!