AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-11-23, 00:24   Link #3981
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Okay i am scared now what will Aka do with Mikado.

Mikado x Fujiwara or Mikado x Hayasaka is about 999% will never happen and that is my only hype left for this manga
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-23, 03:53   Link #3982
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Just have them hook up and move on already.
Well said.

Unfortunately, the state they are in makes it undoubtable that their feelings are mutual. But it also heavily, I repeat, heavily suggests or confirms that it's not a newfound thing from Ishigami, but started waaay back. Add in those late retcon flashbacks as well. Which was one of my prime complaints during the countless debates I had about them. How they are handled and how their development is handled made it apparent that there is no way Ishigami will convincingly just fall in love with Iino. Instead he needs to accept how he fabricated excuses, ideals about love, assumptions about Iino all along, but the reality is that he couldn't face his feelings for her and hid behind many things to escape from it. Hypocrite at its finest.

Since Osaragi is also an Ishigami x Iino supporter now, which makes me further loathe the Buddha Begging Bowl arc and how girl after girl just bends to Iino, either the couple is formed, or there won't be a couple, neither an alternate couple later. And of course, Miyuki also wings them. Aka at this point would probably just wank them further. Editor's notes should be taken carefully, since sometimes they are absolute bullshit and had nothing to do with the next chapter. But for the next chapter, a question is raised that could it be that Ishigami and Iino progresses faster than Miyuki and Kaguya? I don't believe seeing the giant teddy bear would turn Ishigami on, but who knows. Some readers also expect him to go against his earlier word and bring up how he was the one that gave Iino the flowers and it was purely for romantic intent, which he denied.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-26, 23:35   Link #3983
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I understand why some people dislike this. Aka's holding close to the line I myself have too for this particular story. I have stories, even ones where the character in question crushed on and/or dated someone in the meantime, where I could buy "I didn't realize that I've always been in love with you", but this is not one of them. The structure of their relationship up to now doesn't really support the concept of him misunderstanding his romantic feelings, and so if it actually suggested that he'd always felt that way I'd have a problem. Fortunately for me, while Aka does get real close to that line, he seems to have made a point of never crossing it. He admits that he's found her cute for a long time and that he's always cared about her, as well as recognizing how he currently feels. However, at least for me it's vague enough that I can buy he's only recognizing that the possibility was there without going all out and concluding that while he crushed on Tsubame he was unknowingly in love with Miko.

On a different note, I also hope that they aren't going to go all the way. Even if they recognize their mutual feelings it'd still be a bit fast.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:29   Link #3984
Lex79

I'm with BWTraveller in thinking that this chapter doesn't necessarily imply that Ishigami has always been in love with Iino. Anyway, at this point there isn't really any reason to drag this story and don't have Ishigami and Iino as a couple. If Aka doesn't want to have it happen now that Iino is vulnerable, just have the Sstalker situation solved in the next chapter and then Ishigami confesses.
Old Yesterday, 04:11   Link #3985
WingedAccelerator

Unless Ishigami outright says the line that he loved her all this time, people won't concede that they lost this argument. Fine. Even though it's painfully obvious that it's a repeat of Miyuki and Kaguya, but inferior. Man, do I hate this prior knowledge bullshit that is completely unnecessary. Funny that I always thought Iino purposely goes overboard just for Ishigami to give her attention, but now I start to believe that Ishigami wanted her attention just as much. It wouldn't surprise me if he admits at some point that the flower and the letter was a romantic gesture after all. Would that count as saying the line?

Onto the shippers. Say what you want, but they are doing the carrying for them, even if the two have mutual feelings. Onodera multiple times, Maki, Kaguya, now Osaragi as well (Pointless arc is pointless), but then we have Miyuki, who so deserves to be punished for this. The setup is artificial enough, but no, do not tell the already scared Iino that most likely they have nothing to worry about, just let Ishigami be the protective knight for her because that turns her on, while she makes constant reminders how defenseless and exploitable is she to others.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00   Link #3986
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Back then I felt bad to Miku watching her influence retconned.

Now I kinda pity Ishigami, not only his character development redacted, now his past modified, then his feelings rewritten so it can be done in one swoop.

Old Yesterday, 09:56   Link #3987
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh no.. not again
Ishigami, don't get swept by the situation
We are heading on type of drama that I dislike
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06   Link #3988
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

Now I kinda pity Ishigami, not only his character development redacted, now his past modified, then his feelings rewritten so it can be done in one swoop.

Damn, the absolute destruction of a character that used to be on the top.
Old Yesterday, 11:46   Link #3989
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Unless Ishigami outright says the line that he loved her all this time, people won't concede that they lost this argument. Fine. Even though it's painfully obvious that it's a repeat of Miyuki and Kaguya, but inferior. Man, do I hate this prior knowledge bullshit that is completely unnecessary. Funny that I always thought Iino purposely goes overboard just for Ishigami to give her attention, but now I start to believe that Ishigami wanted her attention just as much. It wouldn't surprise me if he admits at some point that the flower and the letter was a romantic gesture after all. Would that count as saying the line?

Onto the shippers. Say what you want, but they are doing the carrying for them, even if the two have mutual feelings. Onodera multiple times, Maki, Kaguya, now Osaragi as well (Pointless arc is pointless), but then we have Miyuki, who so deserves to be punished for this. The setup is artificial enough, but no, do not tell the already scared Iino that most likely they have nothing to worry about, just let Ishigami be the protective knight for her because that turns her on, while she makes constant reminders how defenseless and exploitable is she to others.
As I said, Aka has been treading that line. So yeah, I'm not going to "concede loss" because up to this point it looks as if Aka has been almost deliberately AVOIDING those words, in which case I'm not going to jump and declare it to mean something he's avoided saying just so I can hate on it.

And yeah, if he did declare he meant the flower in a romantic way I would count it as saying the line. But again, that's the thing: there are plenty of ways to say it, and plenty of ways to come close or suggest it was always a possibility without actually saying it, and the fact that he's chosen the latter every time tells me that at least for now it's not gone that far.

I do however agree that Miyuki should've let Miko and the others know that they're most likely dealing with mere PIs who are only after information and not anything else. Or at least tell Ishigami so he could pass along to her that she's got no reason to fear an attack. I never said this story was perfect, just that it isn't some of the things some complainers have said.
Old Yesterday, 12:21   Link #3990
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

For me, he is no longer "our guy" in my eyes.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:21   Link #3991
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't know if we can really say his feelings have been "rewritten". Looking back he always felt that she was cute, always cared very deeply about her. This doesn't necessarily mean he'd always been in love with her, but the feelings he's recognizing himself as having felt for a long time, if not the whole time, are things that he'd in the past had no problem recognizing or demonstrating.

As for his character, while I do find it a pity that he's back to struggling with these things, I don't find it hard to buy. He built himself up so hard out of motivation and hope that he could get a girlfriend, and then once again suffered for his efforts. And even when he started to get past that once more and show more proactive behavior toward Miko, suddenly she abandons him (cold feet but he doesn't know that). And at this point this's the first time he's had significant interaction with her since that point. I like them together, but it's a hard road as she tends to back off or push away when he most needs acceptance and assurance that his efforts have not led to failure, and then when she finally does come back he's likely to be too wary to move himself.

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, love triangle, no longer our guy, romcom, school life