2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 4.79%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-03, 07:30   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
Methinks Allelujah may have a few...split personality issues. Actually, I like him more that way.
Spoiler:

Awesome ep though. We needed this character development. And Louise = Homer Simpson?
Old 2007-11-03, 07:40   Link #22
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Spoiler:

Awesome ep though. We needed this character development. And Louise = Homer Simpson?
Amazing! New favorite character: Allelujah, that's enough to get this episode a 10/10 from me.

(And I'm guessing that yellow-eye's personality is a polar opposite of the usual?)
Old 2007-11-03, 07:42   Link #23
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Pink Mobile Suit!!!!
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 07:48   Link #24
kari-no-sugata

Well, that was a bit different!

A popular pilot from Union gets zero screen time. The main character gets about 2 lines. And a pink MS that's supposed to be a "trump card" against CB. And space sniping! Meanwhile, Exia is on cloud-clearing duty

As for Marina, she's off to try to get some solor power for her county. Miss smiles-too-much-megane ("Seely"? "Cealeh"? something like that) asks her why she accepted the role (of trying to achieve that) and Marina says "it's something only I can do". Hmm.

All the Gundam Meisters are informed about a "tune-up experiment". Lockon warns Allelujah that since the Taribia incident, CB is hated by the world.

Saji is going up to space for a brief trip. Sister paid for it (cost seems painful) and seems a bit annoyed/envious of "okane-mochi ojou-sama" (rich lady) Louise. A certain oyaji soldier and loli super-solider go up on same day. Allelujah follows up 2 days later.

We find out a bit more about Soma - she's a "designer baby" with nano-machines inside. Sergei had thought she had volunteered for the project, but it looks like she had no choice (but doesn't seem to mind). Sergei certainly doesn't care for the mad-scientist's explanations. Sergei seems to be developing a certain amount of sympathy for Soma (parent/child like... he doesn't seem the type to go loli-con on us).

Allelujah either has split personality or literally has two people inside him. Both he and Soma felt that they were being "invaded" by someone (nano-machine link?). Notice that Allelujah's eyes changed colour when he flipped to the other side (same golden eye colour as Soma). Definitely get the feeling that Allelujah was involved with an earlier generation super-soldier program, but ended up trapped in space (probably why he likes the ground). It seems there might have been two kids stuck at that time - since someone is saying "Allelujah, kill me".

Tieria really doesn't care for saving lives. Sumeragi says she changed plans to "protect Gundam", whatever that means.

Not hard to see a serious conflict between Allelujah and Tieria in say 10-15 eps.

Last edited by kari-no-sugata; 2007-11-03 at 08:03.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 08:25   Link #25
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Well, that was a bit different!

A popular pilot from Union gets zero screen time. The main character gets about 2 lines. And a pink MS that's supposed to be a "trump card" against CB. And space sniping! Meanwhile, Exia is on cloud-clearing duty

As for Marina, she's off to try to get some solor power for her county. Miss smiles-too-much-megane ("Seely"? "Cealeh"? something like that) asks her why she accepted the role (of trying to achieve that) and Marina says "it's something only I can do". Hmm.

All the Gundam Meisters are informed about a "tune-up experiment". Lockon warns Allelujah that since the Taribia incident, CB is hated by the world.

Saji is going up to space for a brief trip. Sister paid for it (cost seems painful) and seems a bit annoyed/envious of "okane-mochi ojou-sama" (rich lady) Louise. A certain oyaji soldier and loli super-solider go up on same day. Allelujah follows up 2 days later.

We find out a bit more about Soma - she's a "designer baby" with nano-machines inside. Sergei had thought she had volunteered for the project, but it looks like she had no choice (but doesn't seem to mind). Sergei certainly doesn't care for the mad-scientist's explanations. Sergei seems to be developing a certain amount of sympathy for Soma (parent/child like... he doesn't seem the type to go loli-con on us).

Allelujah either has split personality or literally has two people inside him. Both he and Soma felt that they were being "invaded" by someone (nano-machine link?). Notice that Allelujah's eyes changed colour when he flipped to the other side (same golden eye colour as Soma). Definitely get the feeling that Allelujah was involved with an earlier generation super-soldier program, but ended up trapped in space (probably why he likes the ground). It seems there might have been two kids stuck at that time - since someone is saying "Allelujah, kill me".

Tieria really doesn't care for saving lives. Sumeragi says she changed plans to "protect Gundam", whatever that means.

Not hard to see a serious conflict between Allelujah and Tieria in say 10-15 eps.
Spoiler:
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 08:34   Link #26
Omniscient

Episode 05 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Notice that Allelujah's eyes changed colour when he flipped to the other side (same golden eye colour as Soma).
His hair changes to cover the other side of his face too.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 08:52   Link #27
Wen
Chocolate Filled

This episode was way better than the previous eps. I was starting to think that Allelujah was a boring character but this definitely changed my mind.

Soma is pretty cool too. Can't wait until ep. 6.
Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 09:44   Link #28
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So Allelujah has a split personality? Interesting. No wonder he is the pilot of a transformable Gundam! Different modes for different personality?
Old 2007-11-03, 09:49   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Louise in this episode was so <3. Louise in space is <3.

Spoiler for Episode 05:

& again, Louise. <3
Old 2007-11-03, 09:49   Link #30
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Here are my predictions:

The guy in the preview for ep 6 is related to Lockon(?), the red haired Gundam pilot.

Tiera(?), the purple haired Gundam pilot, is the hot favorite to defect from Celestial Being.
Old 2007-11-03, 09:53   Link #31
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

From just the raw, here are my observations:

Spoiler for ep 5:

But I hope not. Sergei deserves better.
Old 2007-11-03, 09:57   Link #32
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
3. Sergei: A mere 5 episodes in, and I have already began to admire Sergei. He is most certainly a good man any armed forces would be proud to have. Chances of him dying before the mid-point of the show is thus increased, because we know cool older men tend to die so they wouldn't out-stage the younger characters.

But I hope not. Sergei deserves better.
I'm guessing that Soma will go crazy at some point and end up killing Sergei, probably while trying to get at Allelujah, who'll then switch personalities and kill her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 05:
Who? I thought that everyone in the OP had already appeared?
Old 2007-11-03, 10:03   Link #33
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

I thought I was gonna see newtype for a second..until they both turned into Mwu Cruze clones/crazy druggies....that fun was short lived =\ Man I seriously was laughing when kyrios was pushing that block and falling, would be great if he actually says an Amuro line there
Now that bfg is believeable. At lease it takes 20 seconds to charge for a burst and that he can't spamm and spin like a retard cus he had to anchor down. When he clocks up for a shot for a moment I thought I was watching eva's positron rifle lol
Interesting ep, kinda forshadow the introduction of Marina which should happen soon.
And having a gundam screw up a girl's confession....lol

Last edited by Kazamachi Shogen; 2007-11-03 at 10:54.
Kazamachi Shogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:15   Link #34
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For us who have yet to see the episode...

Spoiler for THIS IS A BIG GUN:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:34   Link #35
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Tiera(?), the purple haired Gundam pilot, is the hot favorite to defect from Celestial Being.
I'd say the opposite. He's more like the type to shoot a "defector" in cold blood. He'd also casually do a "pawn sacrifice" too, I'd say.

Allelujah's "other" personality is quite... vicious though. He's more like "Don't **** with me - I'll kill you!!" and "Oh, an accident. How tragic". If that personality turns up on the battlefield, it could get... messy. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a "survive at all costs" mentality too.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:41   Link #36
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For us who have yet to see the episode...

Spoiler for THIS IS A BIG GUN:
OMG I never bothered to see the size comparison to the Gundam. That is of Evangelion proportions!!!!!
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:42   Link #37
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

My connection to the internet has been lackluster today, and I got driven crazy by Norton 360 so... it took me a while to download the raw.

I knew it. I knew he had split personality and was related to the enhanced human project (from the previews...but I was not interested in the guy enough to mention it)!! Allelujah and Hallelujah............couldn't they have come up with a better name??????

Spoiler:

Last edited by withered_joy; 2007-11-03 at 10:59.
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:52   Link #38
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

speaking of Evangelion. Am I seeing Ayanami Rei here I wonder lol. We've got a Gendo Ikari here though Sergei seems to be a lot nicer than Gendo, and we've also got Rei. Soma kinda screams like Asuka though lol.

Last edited by Kazamachi Shogen; 2007-11-03 at 11:03.
Kazamachi Shogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 11:18   Link #39
Virtue
Banned

Psycho Soma + pink Tieren FTW!!!

AEU finally on the move next ep?

Spoiler for preview:
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 11:53   Link #40
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Well, this episode gives some much needed character development to our Gundam Meisters. Allelujah has a split personality, and a pretty sadistic personality too. It's a good development, but Allelujah for the name of one personality and Hallelujah for another, come on, can't you be more creative than that?

Tieria is a cold bastard. Apparently performing a mission is far more important than saving life. Well, we now know he is very strict and 'follow-the-order' type guy.

Sadly, our main guy Setsuna doesn't do much today, other than speaking 2 very short lines and cutting the cloud (?). His almost non existence in this episode strangely reminds me of Shinn's treatment in GSD. Let's hope it won't turn to that.

The superhuman enhancements using nano machines is new to me. At last we can get something unusual instead of brainwashing and special drug usage. I just wonder what's the connection between Allelujah and Soma. Soma reminds me of Stellar when she screams and berserks.

Speaking of Soma, her Tieren Tao II has a nice design, but a VERY BAD color. Pink? Pink? PINK?

Finally we get to see Kyrios transforms step by step. I prefer the fast transformation as seen last episode. The transformations in this episode is way too slow and shows how simple the transformation actually is...the WOW factor is no longer there....

A good episode again, and finally without jumping from one side to another. Looking forward to the next episode, hopefully some Setsuna screen time, and Exia's Seven Sword action!