AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 07:38   Link #401
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

I looks like Alto is stepping up to the plate and making a thoughtful decision. Glad to see some redemption there.
BTW that's a compliment in case my wording imply otherwise.

Poor Sheryl. That airplane at the end was filled with meaning and implied future. I really felt that it was very bittersweet.
Old 2008-09-12, 08:04   Link #402
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Wow for the first time we agree! XD.

KINA....Get my sig ready.
You didnt win yet
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-12, 08:54   Link #403
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
* Alto joined SMS to protect Ranka, and now to protect the rest of Frontier, he is willing to kill Ranka. There are a few ways to interpret this. The first, which was brought up in this forum, and I don't agree with: Alto wants to kill Ranka for her own good because he loves her and doesn't want to see her turn bad. If that is what Alto's thinking, then he's just selfishly using "Ranka's sake" as an excuse to kill her, despite her own wishes to live, even to live with him. In this case, he is a coward and a hypocrite. The second, which is reaffirmed by the theme of the series and by Alto's brother and Klan's words, is that he simply wants to protect but his method is really the wrong way to do it. He can't protect something by destroying something else. That is not what love means. Thus, what Klan wants to tell Alto in this episode is not referring to Alto's romantic love, but his misguided methods.
Yeah you're right: Alto can't destroy the bugs to protect his beloved ones! He must love the bugs and if some millions of people die in the process of reaching such love it's too bad, but those sacrifices are necessary for reaching the "universal love".... AS IF!!!
It's easy to fill a mouth with sweet words like love and such for people who isn't involved in wars directly: try stating your reasonment to those people and see what they answer... if you're still alive to tell about the answer of course!
I hope the bugs will get a nice fold bomb suppository by the end of the series becoming space dust.
Old 2008-09-12, 09:28   Link #404
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris
It's easy to fill a mouth with sweet words like love and such for people who isn't involved in wars directly: try stating your reasonment to those people and see what they answer... if you're still alive to tell about the answer of course!
Care to share you're experience???
Have you killed anyone before??? Is it such a wonderful feeling.....?
Old 2008-09-12, 10:20   Link #405
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I've been lurking here since episode 1 and the shipping wars have been increasing at an alarming rate over the past few episodes. Medium-scale shipping wars like those in Kimikiss and True Tears doesnt even come close to what this series has become. It certainly shows Kawamori's art in dealing with his fans ( hence the longevity of the series ) and Frontier is his latest Weapon of Mass Trolling.

I could imagine the flame wars after the last two episodes are aired and how much cleaning the mods will do after that

Late one liner comments for the episode:

- Quality was crap
- Alto/Klan's interrogation scene was a bit confusing (Amplified by the interpretations of shippers/fans in this thread)
- Sheryl in chibi mode was a bit creepy
- Preview looks promising
Old 2008-09-12, 10:28   Link #406
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It certainly is a testament to the quality of the team behind Macross F, that so many heated arguments are fought over minute details of each episode, from a certain point of said series.

I just hope the conclusion turns out as magnificent as the build-up so far.

Old 2008-09-12, 10:42   Link #407
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

lols.... ^_^ ... i would never thought the shipping wars escalated above TT and kimikiss ^^. i never posted in those thread so i did'nt know ^^....

Hmmmm. However i'm still waiting for the next shipping wars ^^. It seems like this is the calm before the storm haha ^^.... I think i started eating my popcorn too early... I should've same some for later ^^
Old 2008-09-12, 10:46   Link #408
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, well... I'll have my popcorn to go, then. But I'll watch from time to time. The arguing can be a bit daunting, sometimes...

Old 2008-09-12, 10:54   Link #409
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
Care to share you're experience???
Have you killed anyone before??? Is it such a wonderful feeling.....?
What the heck are you blabbing?
My point is that people who haven't known wars can't understand the opinions and the actions of people who has been involved in wars, in particular the revenge issue. Here I read posts full of compassion and friendship towards the Vajra using OUR pov and assuming that's the one of people on Frontier. AS IF!!!
Those people lost lots of beloved ones so their only possible feeling towards the bugs is hatred and hope for their annihilation.
I thought it was obvious what I meant, but then you came out with your nonsense...
Old 2008-09-12, 11:02   Link #410
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
What the heck are you blabbing?
My point is that people who haven't known wars can't understand the opinions and the actions of people who has been involved in wars, in particular the revenge issue. Here I read posts full of compassion and friendship towards the Vajra using OUR pov and assuming that's the one of people on Frontier. AS IF!!!
Those people lost lots of beloved ones so their only possible feeling towards the bugs is hatred and hope for their annihilation.
I thought it was obvious what I meant, but then you came out with your nonsense...
The theme is not OUR pov, it's the DIRECTOR & co. Whether you like it or not, it's there in every Macross series.
Old 2008-09-12, 11:07   Link #411
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

But, it is also true that the theme got a little bit thrown around, since we've got most of Frontier's people rallying for the annihilation of the Vajra, no?

Old 2008-09-12, 11:13   Link #412
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Well i guess that's for the Drama ^^... there would'nt really spawn any hate in the people if they look and act like pokemons. Also to generate enough blind hate so that the actual nemesis moves freely behind the smoke and mirrors...
Old 2008-09-12, 11:35   Link #413
ipernorris

Quote:
The theme is not OUR pov, it's the DIRECTOR & co. Whether you like it or not, it's there in every Macross series.
Wow I didn't know the POV in an anime is the POV of its director... thanks for clearing it out for me!
On a more serious note I meant that OUR POV is the one we use to analyze Macross Frontier situation and it isn't adequate because we're used to peace, while Macross Frontier people is not. We should try to understand Macross Frontier people better, that's all I said.
Old 2008-09-12, 11:45   Link #414
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Wow I didn't know the POV in an anime is the POV of its director... thanks for clearing it out for me!
On a more serious note I meant that OUR POV is the one we use to analyze Macross Frontier situation and it isn't adequate because we're used to peace, while Macross Frontier people is not. We should try to understand Macross Frontier people better, that's all I said.
I totally understand. Which is why if I was in that situation, I'd be full of hate for the vajras too, and wouldn't care about all these love & friendship blabbering.

BUT... we still need to analyze the anime from the theme that it was being portrayed, in order to better understand what Klan means in her words. She's more mature than Alto and can understand that peace may not be attainable through killing others.
Old 2008-09-12, 11:49   Link #415
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And, if it's proved that the Vajra hive-mind is actually being controlled by outside forces, it will be a blow to Frontier's morale, as well. Maybe not so much as to overshadow all the deaths, but significant, anyway.

Old 2008-09-12, 13:01   Link #416
BleachOD
Banned

I really liked it. Sheryl being all girlie and cute was a refreshing change. I liked seeing that in her. Great episode!
Old 2008-09-12, 13:08   Link #417
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
BUT... we still need to analyze the anime from the theme that it was being portrayed, in order to better understand what Klan means in her words. She's more mature than Alto and can understand that peace may not be attainable through killing others.
Hear hear! It's not like the human side is suffering the casualties only. Vajraa's are dying in masses also, and the count is probably far higher considering how one cannon can decimate a skyfull of them.

Wonder how the Vajraa are telling the stories of Macross Frontier?
Old 2008-09-12, 13:30   Link #418
Wesley84

Somehow I taught the Vajra are taking things as personally as the people of Frontier are.
Old 2008-09-12, 13:34   Link #419
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Nice PoV seeing through the Vajra lenses

I agree both sides are suffering casualties... But many still claim that they should be treated like ordinary bugs or rather pests that is best exterminated.... Many here argue that the Vajra's shares a collective consciousness like bees(it could be more advanced than bees). I don't know if that's really a good or a bad thing for an alien race to have... But then i again i remember Gene Roddenberry's earth final conflict show which shows that they have a collective consciousness as well but still able to excersise a certain amount of free will..... i think i have to look at it more closely... anyway continue.....
Old 2008-09-12, 13:46   Link #420
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
Nice PoV seeing through the Vajra lenses

I agree both sides are suffering casualties... But many still claim that they should be treated like ordinary bugs or rather pests that is best exterminated....
It's rather hypocritical for me to say that though...because I woulnd't mind exterminating cockroaches if my house should have any. That's what it means to expand humanity and live in comfort. I never thought of how a cockroach would feel. To some extent, I think of polar bears, pandas, and whales that are going extinct because of humanity, but not all the time, when I go buy my groceries or Prada bags.

It's easier to see it from the PoV presented in the series, but it's application is much wider and harder to swallow.
Closed Thread