AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 05:36   Link #121
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I suspect ANN will translate and post news from the article inside anyways.
The news was "We decided on the series name". Yes. That is it.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 04:58   Link #122
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
To place Ed on the front cover of the mag and not have much textual info seems kinda strange tho
I wonder if it really was only for the poster.

Ah well, only 4 months to go, it'll be here before we know it

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 19:40   Link #123
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Why anyone would want this to be a sequel of the first anime series is beyond me. The manga barely gets reception from the anime fandom as it is, never mind those FMA fans that only got their fix off the first anime series and seem to be hollering for a sequel taking place after the (honestly) horrible movie. I mean, try actually reading the manga to see why those crazy FMA fans are so anticipated about an upcoming series based soley on the manga, in the first place. Actually, these kinds of people are part of the reason why the inner FMA-fanboy inside of me is all hyped-up and ready to go.

Adding to that, people running around calling this a "Season 2" really gets to me because it isn't really all that accurate of a term. Excluding the fact that Japan usually doesn't follow seasons, this series will be an entirely different (but presumably, faithful) adaptation of the same source material done by the same company (kind of like Yuugiou, only differences was that that series had two anime adaptations done by two different companies), it's a full-on remake. Dead giveaways in the trailer without the need of confirmation are the announcer's lines ("Kyoudai no tabi na hajimaru!", lit. "The brothers' journey is about to begin!), the fact that Al's still in a suit of armor, and Roy seems to be fine and dandy. Honestly, the constant "Is this going to be a sequel to the original anime?" questions should already answer themselves after seeing the trailer. Not to mention the dub already split the first series into official seasons...

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...

Last edited by Suzumiya Haruhi; 2008-12-24 at 22:59.
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 17:07   Link #124
NerdyOtaku
Neighborhood Hobo

Send a message via AIM to NerdyOtaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Looking forward to seeing Olivia and Lin.
Yes!
I want to see her use her flame thrower
NerdyOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:09   Link #125
blewin

I don't care that this series is different from the first anime adaptation.... the more FMA, the better!! and it IS better since lots of people have said lots of goods things about the manga. (I haven't read the manga though)

but is this anime going to have a manga ending (yeah, yeah, following the manga plot line, but it can have a different ending!) since the manga hasn't ended yet?
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 07:22   Link #126
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
but is this anime going to have a manga ending (yeah, yeah, following the manga plot line, but it can have a different ending!) since the manga hasn't ended yet?
Well I am hoping it will otherwise I will be very disappointed. There is a lot of manga material to work with so I am hoping by the time they get through that material the manga will already be finished (the manga is definitely heading towards the end now anyways).
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 11:02   Link #127
lolita_lilith

does anyone have an idea of where this series is right now? the last time I saw it....Alphonse got his body back but it was as a boy and Ed is in another world (our world) what happens next??
lolita_lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:02   Link #128
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita_lilith View Post
does anyone have an idea of where this series is right now? the last time I saw it....Alphonse got his body back but it was as a boy and Ed is in another world (our world) what happens next??
That's the story line and ending Bones made up with the FMA name and is followed by the FMA movie. Pretend FMA1 never happened for FMA2.
Old 2009-04-28, 21:17   Link #129
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

So far FMA1 is better.....
Wheres the general discussion for FMA:brotherhood?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 22:04   Link #130
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita_lilith View Post
The movie finishes off that series, this one is a remake that follows the original manga closer.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 09:26   Link #131
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
So far FMA1 is better.....
Wheres the general discussion for FMA:brotherhood?
In the latest FMA:B episode's respective topic, one would assume.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 11:06   Link #132
duckroll
綺羅星★!

FUNimation is also streaming FMA Brotherhood on Hulu now!

http://www.hulu.com/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 15:17   Link #133
Vicious108

And I'm still geographically blocked. Thanks a bunch Funi!
Old 2009-05-01, 17:16   Link #134
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And I'm still geographically blocked. Thanks a bunch Funi!
Hulu is US only. This is basically a load distribution move to lower the overall load on their servers. (Also it provides 480p versions).
Old 2009-05-01, 21:13   Link #135
Vicious108

Yes I figured as much. Never expected anything else from them.
Old 2009-05-06, 07:19   Link #136
lovelovelacus

Last week, just finished volume 5, and it looks as good as the last season, although the story is runing a little bit quicker and it becomes more funny. Looking forward to next week.
lovelovelacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 02:40   Link #137
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
In the latest FMA:B episode's respective topic, one would assume.
This thread is as close as it gets to begin the general discussion page, I see a ton of polls and ep specific threads but no FMA brotherhood general discussion thread.
==========

I dunno so far I like FMA 1 better and the red alchemy reaction for Scar made it a lot more interesting.

I guess things will take off and be better mid way on up to the end.
Old 2009-05-23, 11:25   Link #138
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
This thread is as close as it gets to begin the general discussion page, I see a ton of polls and ep specific threads but no FMA brotherhood general discussion thread.
==========
I think that stemmed from the fact that FMA already had a subforum so this thread was started when Brotherhood was announced. If you look in Code Geass there is no regular R2 Generic Discussion thread. I dont mind this one being used, in fact I might change the title to "General Discussion".
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 11:39   Link #139
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I think that stemmed from the fact that FMA already had a subforum so this thread was started when Brotherhood was announced. If you look in Code Geass there is no regular R2 Generic Discussion thread. I dont mind this one being used, in fact I might change the title to "General Discussion".
That might help for new users to the sub forum, I try and find the proper thread befor I go a drooling I don't always find it tho ><

I would think since you guys want to keep things organized that all shows should have a general discussion thread and that tread is linked from their primary page even if the show is licensed it helps get people to the right forum to discuss a show.

I mean it would be easier to do it when a new show is added than to wait and have to merge/close a few threads and make it later.
Old 2009-05-23, 19:55   Link #140
Kirarakim

Since this is now the general discussion thread I want to put something in perspective for people who have not read the manga but who have just watched the first anime.

The first anime covered roughly 30 chapters of material. Even within those 30 chapters I would say starting at around chapter 17 you start seeing major differences between the first anime and manga storyline.

So people who think the same scenes from the 1st anime are being rushed. Well in a way they are because the anime is adapting 2 chapters into 1 episode (except the Nina episode) and this is causing things to be a little rushed and scenes to be skipped from the manga. But still it is also not as rushed as you might think because the 1st anime extended a lot of the manga scenes because they had limited material to work with. They even took one storyline from the Fullmetal Alchemist novels (The Fake Elric Brothers) and added it into the anime so they could have more material. And then took Arakawa's side stories which in the manga happen before events of the series but changed the timeline so they happen during the series (Havoc's date, Black Hayate, Ed & Roy's fight, etc)

But you know what the manga is currently at 95 chapters and still ongoing. That is over 65 chapters of material that has never been animated before by the first series. Keep in mind that the first anime only covered 30 chapters of the manga (not counting their own stuff that they did since the 1st anime eventually goes in a completely different direction from the manga).
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen