AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2010-09-11, 11:22   Link #121
tsunade666

Telesma.... also pretty interesting. If The power of Curtana Original is in a form of Telesma then Accelerator doesn't stand a chance of controlling it unless he fully understand the goatskin.

I heard before that the Curtana Original is something to do with Archangel Micheal like the sword that's been use before but I'm not sure on the details. But I wonder why Fianma didn't try to steal it. Maybe in his eyes it doesn't worth a thing considering his Holy right is more broken than it. But for a person obsessed of the god's right seat Micheal he really only cares for himself to power up or rather his holy right to power up.

He even orchestra the war to get the controller of index for that power up. In the beginning his not interested on it.

And back on the battle of Black wings against Curtana Original..... Accelerator would get killed if he fight it and considering he still doesn't have a defense against an attack made of divine origins. No wonder to beat up Curtana Original many things are to be sacrifice and lots of fire power are needed.

If you compare it on how Touma suppressed a serious Accelerator on destroying everything.
Old 2010-09-11, 11:42   Link #122
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Telesma.... also pretty interesting. If The power of Curtana Original is in a form of Telesma then Accelerator doesn't stand a chance of controlling it unless he fully understand the goatskin.

I heard before that the Curtana Original is something to do with Archangel Micheal like the sword that's been use before but I'm not sure on the details. But I wonder why Fianma didn't try to steal it. Maybe in his eyes it doesn't worth a thing considering his Holy right is more broken than it. But for a person obsessed of the god's right seat Micheal he really only cares for himself to power up or rather his holy right to power up.

He even orchestra the war to get the controller of index for that power up. In the beginning his not interested on it.

And back on the battle of Black wings against Curtana Original..... Accelerator would get killed if he fight it and considering he still doesn't have a defense against an attack made of divine origins. No wonder to beat up Curtana Original many things are to be sacrifice and lots of fire power are needed.

If you compare it on how Touma suppressed a serious Accelerator on destroying everything.
Yes.....Curtana Original is Telesma. Curtana Second is used to imbue Telesma into people, thus creating Knights.
Old 2010-09-11, 11:53   Link #123
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:

Ohh Fiama did mention curtana orginal, but he stated it couldnt contain the power of the holy right (before any power up).
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 11:56   Link #124
tsunade666

so curtana original is still inferior product than a not powered up holy right...... sigh...... I can't see how can touma deal with the currently almost complete holy right.
Old 2010-09-11, 12:09   Link #125
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
so curtana original is still inferior product than a not powered up holy right...... sigh...... I can't see how can touma deal with the currently almost complete holy right.
That's because Curtana Original used to be the sword of Michael.....whereas Holy Right is like the power of Michael.
Old 2010-09-11, 12:49   Link #126
tsunade666

So the holy right itself is the symbol of power for Micheal? I thought it's just that..... to be honest like the right hand of Micheal though why did the author tried to use a claw of dragon or bird?

The term Dragon depicts either devil or the highest form of power in fantasy stories. So I can understand that point. But it's the power of Micheal an angel. Isn't it more appropriate for it to be wings or some kind of weapon like the Curtana? or is their more than meets the eye? The symbol itself has more meaning to it?
Old 2010-09-11, 22:06   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So the holy right itself is the symbol of power for Micheal? I thought it's just that..... to be honest like the right hand of Micheal though why did the author tried to use a claw of dragon or bird?
The 'Dragon' can also be used to represent 'Angels' as Tsuchimikado explained during the Sport festival act-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchimikado
“This large existence that has huge wings, that will either guard a sleeping treasure or desire for a massacre, such a ‘dragon’ has the hidden meaning of serving God’s ‘Angels’ or the fallen ‘Devil’ nya. ‘Pinning the dragon’ has the meaning of ‘turning this place to Holy grounds by letting the Angels protect this place’ hidden in it…”
Quote:
The term Dragon depicts either devil or the highest form of power in fantasy stories. So I can understand that point. But it's the power of Micheal an angel. Isn't it more appropriate for it to be wings or some kind of weapon like the Curtana? or is their more than meets the eye? The symbol itself has more meaning to it?
I don't know, wings would imply being an actual Angel, as for weapon we already cover that with Curtana.

No, it's more to do with the 'Right Hand' than anything.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 22:41   Link #128
Flere821
Lurker

Back when Fiamma first pulled out his 3rd right hand the narrative stated it's half way between what can be called a arm and a wing. Fiamma stated himself Touma's Right Hand is in a way the perfect expression of the Holy Right's powers, so a right hand and not a claw is still the best expression. Fiamma's 3rd right arm is only in the shape of claws IMO because his powers are still incomplete.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 01:12   Link #129
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

It's more symbolism that's the key than anything IMO....God's RIGHT Seat, RIGHT hand of God, Archangel who's at God's RIGHT side etc etc after all, the Kanji given for Michael is literally one who is God's peer

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-09-12 at 01:28.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 08:31   Link #130
tsunade666

Even if Touma's right hand is the perfect proof of the power of right hand the 3rd arm of Fianma had range and teleporting ability. That's still much more perfect right hand for me.

I wonder if Touma would awaken after the arc.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:05   Link #131
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Found this thread at last, thanks teh_ping
I came here to ask for a translation for the picture and this post and to discuss more about Accelerator ability in which he...
Spoiler:
I can think of some impact of that in the real world, but I can't help but to feel exaggerating it...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 13:57   Link #132
Inept Forum User

Question

I have a question regarding the Multi-Skill aspect of the Level Upper network; if an Esper with an ability that couldn't be replicated was connected to the network, would the Administrator be unable to access their ability?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 15:52   Link #133
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The only people I know of whose powers cannot be replicated in any way are Accelerator and Kakine. They're already absurdly rule-breaking powerful so they would have no need to use Level Upper. However, you bring up a good point. I wonder exactly what would happen if Kiyama tried to use their powers...

If I remember correctly, Level Upper system uses the AIM fields of those connected to the network. So it's not really replicating it as in "cloning" the powers but the administrator using them in place of the original user. By that line of thinking, Kiyama should technically be able to use them if they were connected, but their powers are so strong and so complicated that they'll probably overload the network or something.
Old 2010-09-29, 16:32   Link #134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually quite the opposite, to a very small degree Accelerator's power has been recreated into 'offensive armor', so I think even if Kiyama would be able to copy his powers, she would not be able to use it to it's fullest potential.
Old 2010-09-29, 19:03   Link #135
tsunade666

The host might just get a downgrade version just like Saia's offense armor. And that experiment just proves that Accelerator's ability can't be completely copied.

The server might be able to use telekinesis and some defensive wall but probably not 24/7 and as for Kakine's ability.......... nope. They probably can't summon those wings. The probably can copy it on to the point of physical touch and can alter some properties of the matter but not change it as a whole.

The wings can't be copied. In few words because it's already the sign of awakening. Kakine already reach the level of he can summon it freely but it's not complete. Just a pre awaken form. But after realizing his power. it become complete.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:39   Link #136
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually quite the opposite, to a very small degree Accelerator's power has been recreated into 'offensive armor', so I think even if Kiyama would be able to copy his powers, she would not be able to use it to it's fullest potential.
"Offense Armor" is not the same as "Redirection", though. Project Mayday of Darkness proved that you can't replicate Accelerator's exact powers. So yeah, Kiyama wouldn't be able to use his or Kakine's abiilities that well.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:56   Link #137
Miraluka
Banned

No wonder why Saiai is called a leftover of that project.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 01:11   Link #138
Flere821
Lurker

Well from what I know the project 'May of Darkness' isn't trying to reproduce the 'Redirection' ability per se, but to model a esper's mind on Accelerator's to enhance their own Personal Reality. The plan failed miserably (as in they can't mass-create Level 5s this way), but they did end up learning how to let a esper unconsciously use his/her ability, and activating it automatically on reflex, like Saiai's Offense Armor.

Also, the 'May of Darkness' is theoretically able to break Misaka Worst out of Academy City's control - Accelerator offered that as a bargaining chip to Worst in order to gain her cooperation.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 09:24   Link #139
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well from what I know the project 'May of Darkness' isn't trying to reproduce the 'Redirection' ability per se, but to model a esper's mind on Accelerator's to enhance their own Personal Reality. The plan failed miserably (as in they can't mass-create Level 5s this way), but they did end up learning how to let a esper unconsciously use his/her ability, and activating it automatically on reflex, like Saiai's Offense Armor.

Also, the 'May of Darkness' is theoretically able to break Misaka Worst out of Academy City's control - Accelerator offered that as a bargaining chip to Worst in order to gain her cooperation.
Before or after he split Russia in half?
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 09:29   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Before or after he split Russia in half?
He didn't split Russia, that was a mistranslation.

But to answer your question- It was after that fight.

Tags
hard science