AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 02:37   Link #241
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

I'll see how far I get before reaching for the dictionary...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 15:24   Link #242
Runty

You know, after seeing some of Imca's scenes, I can't imagine anyone other than Michelle Ruff (a.k.a. Rukia Kuchiki, Rita Mordio, Etna, etc.) voicing her in the English dub. That would be SO badass. Anyone else agree?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 19:12   Link #243
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Michele Ruff? Good choice!
Old 2011-02-01, 20:55   Link #244
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Didn't play VC1 and barely go through VCII up to February, but after reaching chap 6, I can say VCIII is a major improvement compared to its predecessor (just the fact they removed that stupid credits system is major good news already).

Whereas I was barely using any tank unit in VCII because of the obscene CP cost, it turns out that the tank in VCIII is your limelight unit along with Kurt, just because 1CP for a -real- tank (takes minimal damage from bullets, unless it is a heavy gunner) is completely worth.
The difficulty is definitely more balanced, although habits from VCII can be a huge problem (even a shocktrooper can be reduced to half hp by the intercept fire of... a scout/engineer. Don't go rambo like you could in VCII )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
Has anyone played the whole game yet? I know Zeri (Yes!) and Juliana (Double yes!) are there, but are they (besides Cossete and Avan) the only ones from VCII? Personally, I'd like to see Nichol, Franca, Heinz (and his previous master), Vario, Morris, Jugin, Leon, Randy, Sophia, and Coleen make it in...Oh, and maybe Melissa... XD
You can unlock Aliasse and Ricoris (Anisette).
Meanwhile, Eleanor is also available for the party (best early sniper with serge).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-02-01 at 21:14.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 00:23   Link #245
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Been reading some of the translated cutscene dialogues on another forum... and I must say, I'm liking Kurt Irving already. He's even more commanding than Welkin, which can only be a good thing. At the same time, his social clueless is very comparable, even worse

Edit:

Spoiler for What the hell:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-02-02 at 03:20.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 04:47   Link #246
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

....Mass Production Riela Numbers?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 05:07   Link #247
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Mine finally turned up today. Haven't fired it up yet but I'll get to it soon enough.

Getting the accessory pack was worth it to! Finally have something to store my PSP in without it getting dirty on the shelf.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 15:30   Link #248
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Whereas I was barely using any tank unit in VCII because of the obscene CP cost, it turns out that the tank in VCIII is your limelight unit along with Kurt, just because 1CP for a -real- tank (takes minimal damage from bullets, unless it is a heavy gunner) is completely worth.
The difficulty is definitely more balanced, although habits from VCII can be a huge problem (even a shocktrooper can be reduced to half hp by the intercept fire of... a scout/engineer. Don't go rambo like you could in VCII )
There was a tank in VC2 that only cost 1CP and it was pretty good. Especially when you got the most powerful turret on the thing. Move a ridiculous amount>destroy nearly anything in one hit. Only on later levels does it just barely destroy something in one.

I played the VC3 demo and I'm sure damage from interception fire was about the same as the beginning of VC2. Surely when you've bought some more armour it will reduce it by quite a bit later? Unless they've reduced the effectiveness of armour, I think will be kinda good and challenging.

I can't come in this thread again. I need to wait until it's released over here to read anything more about it.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 15:42   Link #249
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You mean the APC? Yes it was the only type of tank unit I used in VCII, but even so, you could hardly deal any damage to regular or big tank (although the flamethrower was particularly effective against camping units and turret/bunker).

But seriously, intercept fire is no joke. Whereas you hardly see the difference with scouts, you definitely can see your shocktroopers and lancer HP melting like ice if you dare moving under the intercept fire of a tank, or 2 scouts.
As I said, even a single scout/engineer can drop you to 1/3 1/2 hp in a single intercept fire if all bullet connect.
Old 2011-02-02, 17:28   Link #250
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
You mean the APC? Yes it was the only type of tank unit I used in VCII, but even so, you could hardly deal any damage to regular or big tank (although the flamethrower was particularly effective against camping units and turret/bunker).
I believe Stefkov is talking about the Light Tank B, it only use 1 cp to activate and you can fit looted turret on it, with that you can nearly one shoot anything.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:03   Link #251
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

That's the one. Light Tank B used only 1 CP to move, had decent armor and when properly outfitted was able to withstand frontal attacks from V2s and heavy tanks.

Using the Captured AA Gatling turret, and the Panther sticker for insane accuraccy, it was possible to headshot V2s and nail enemy tanks exactly on the weak spot.... V2s required headshots to oneshot, but anything that wasn't a heavy tank and didn't have skirt armor would die with one shell, so long as it was a side or rear shot.

A bit of a glass cannon in later levels, and limited in equipment - only able to hold 4 weight units, 2 of which are taken up by the AA Gatling turret - but in the hands of a skilled user, an unholy terror.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:34   Link #252
JleeLink
....yeah

Pretty good scores by Famitsu, if you can trust them that is:

Valkyria Chronicles 3 – 9/9/9/9

But from what ive seen and read of impressions VC3 is definitely amazing.
JleeLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 08:15   Link #253
Westlo
Lets be reality

VC3 has the highest opening week in Japan for the series thus far.

03./00. [PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (Sega) - 77,267 / NEW
02. / 00. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2 (Sega) - 94.444 / NEW
02. / 00. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 3 (Sega) {2011.01.27} - 102.779 / NEW
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:58   Link #254
JC...
I am a Pie

Does anyone know the US release date yet?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 21:03   Link #255
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Read up on the new Nameless troopers. They got someone who's Asian named
Spoiler for name:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 22:13   Link #256
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ah, thanks for the correction. I guess I wasn't paying attention to that type of tank (unless I'm not far enough in VCII to have them, whichever it is, I stand corrected ).

Either way, all the features you have in VCIII is definitely much more comfortable I can't see myself going back to VCII any time soon .

By the way, for those who are wondering, the special abilities are unlikely to break a mission whatsoever. Kurt's direct command is quite interesting in order to advance tactical units way farther (amking you contemplating the possibility to turn Kurt into a scout), but you definitely are limited when it comes to a lot of defense (and I can't imagine how to break through bunker filled area with that).
Also, in a choke, the AI has the very bad habit to make the 3 characters stacking, preventing you to use the support fire effectively (sometimes, 1 or both characters following kurt can't join in his attack, and you have to reposition yourself, leading to dramatic issues if under intercept fire).

Imca's open fire is a tad ridiculous at times, although trying to be a bit greedy with it might lead you to a premature death

Can't say for Riela, Didn't unlock her valkyria mode yet.
Old 2011-02-04, 04:58   Link #257
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

How many units can you deploy on the field at the same time ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 07:53   Link #258
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
How many units can you deploy on the field at the same time ?
For the whole mission: 9, but you are still limited to 5 units in a given area.
Of course, there are missions where you cannot deploy more than "X" on the deploy menu.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:46   Link #259
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Ah, thanks for the correction. I guess I wasn't paying attention to that type of tank (unless I'm not far enough in VCII to have them, whichever it is, I stand corrected ).

Either way, all the features you have in VCIII is definitely much more comfortable I can't see myself going back to VCII any time soon .

By the way, for those who are wondering, the special abilities are unlikely to break a mission whatsoever. Kurt's direct command is quite interesting in order to advance tactical units way farther (amking you contemplating the possibility to turn Kurt into a scout), but you definitely are limited when it comes to a lot of defense (and I can't imagine how to break through bunker filled area with that).
Also, in a choke, the AI has the very bad habit to make the 3 characters stacking, preventing you to use the support fire effectively (sometimes, 1 or both characters following kurt can't join in his attack, and you have to reposition yourself, leading to dramatic issues if under intercept fire).

Imca's open fire is a tad ridiculous at times, although trying to be a bit greedy with it might lead you to a premature death

Can't say for Riela, Didn't unlock her valkyria mode yet.
Riela's Valkyria mode is very funny. Takes no damage, can destroy tanks easily, and her movement gets restored (why, hello Scout Elite...). For the capture the base camp missions, you can pretty much bypass everything and (if you really must) destroy whatever stands in your way. Couldn't destroy Dahau though. It took some sniping from behind to get rid of him.

Though, seeing as SP doesn't get restored, I highly doubt this is broken. Good? Yes. Broken? Probably not. I've only played the demo so yeah.

Like what Klash said, it's so easy to get greedy with Imca and die for it...

And I have no idea on how to use Kurt's ability. I kinda just ignored it...
Old 2011-02-04, 17:14   Link #260
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kurt's ability require you to have a remote idea how far he can go without dying like a scrub. That being said, he isn't just a "AP provider", but he is also a great pusher, considering that characters under his direct command will assist him in his attack, even lancers (didn't try with any tech yet though).

For instance, I used Kurt for the last mission of chapter 3 in order to nuke the hell out of the first tank: bringing imca and another lancer and attacking the tank will lead to an amusing 2/3 HP damage with a single CP, with less chances for the lancers to be toasted by the tank intercept fire, and you also have advanced both lancers way more than they would have if you used them individually.

Because of the glitch and the innherent issue with intercept fire in VCIII, it is hard to choose between scout or tech for kurt (tech would just mean you are certain to bring 2 units wherevere you want ).
Either way, I left the +20AP accessory for Kurt's personal use, just because of the special