AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 07:41   Link #20721
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Setsura actually replaces his hand when IS activates(her way of saying sorry) So setsura becomes a part of him instead of being worn and it gets a few upgrades or just described as more natural looking.

I just realized that as much as I like to keep my characters healthy, it's like they never bare any remnant of their last battle than bad memories, experience and a couple of cuts/burns. :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 07:45   Link #20722
Eratas123

Why not just give him a scar or something? That's both a sign and not majorly crippling/ Also, the Setsura's the name of the cannon, so he'll have a tube for a hand if that happens.

You don't have to leave permanent injuries to leave a message. Mental scars are way more damaging than physical one's, and there are other things like showing negative effects. I do this with drug addiction and having him get withdrawal symptoms.
Old 2012-02-03, 07:56   Link #20723
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: The Setsura actually resembles a hand any way I look at it. The tube is the fore-arm and palm. There are the energy claw emitters that look like fingers and stuff... so yeah... upgrades or make it look more natural.

Though I find it odd that we're always out to hurt/maim/torture/in-born disabilities/even kill out characters but we never give them disabilities as the story goes along just sayin'
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 07:59   Link #20724
Eratas123

@ Demi - The disabilities I do tend to be more on their performance. irish is thin in the beginning, but not abnormally so for a human being. The more the story goes on, the more corpse like he gets and he starts acting more and more tired just staying awake. He dies if he continues.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:18   Link #20725
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Just to address the cut-off arms, likely replacement can be made considering I.S.-verse biotechnology. Of course, it wouldn't be as perfect, but still....
Old 2012-02-03, 08:20   Link #20726
Eratas123

Actually, it probably can be remade. That's not the problem. The problem is that Ichika's mainly a sword fighter and this is gonna hit him hard.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:24   Link #20727
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Still ill... but I managed to type a small bit of a scene

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2012-02-03, 08:26   Link #20728
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hence I said it his his self esteem more than it hurt him physically. I myself don't agree his arm cut off, just giving some hope. And frankly, Dokuganryuu Ichika would hit fridge logic if not for rule of cool....

Fangking does have an excuse about not doing his research about biotechnology level required to create Laura (it never explained THAT deep in canon). Making duplicate organ would be really easy
Old 2012-02-03, 08:29   Link #20729
Eratas123

@ Stratos - More action Hope you feel better.

@ Senpai - How long do scars take to heal and disappear without any medicine?
Old 2012-02-03, 08:36   Link #20730
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Depends on the deepness than size, deep enough and it won't disappear for years, probably forever.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:38   Link #20731
Eratas123

More like a slash, so not that deep.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:44   Link #20732
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, dunno. I guess that'll be around 2-6 months (very relative).
Old 2012-02-03, 08:46   Link #20733
Eratas123

Is dried blood hard to get off?

Then shouldn't Ichika be full of scars in ST? He must've gotten shanked a few times in middle school.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:10   Link #20734
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Earlier times, he's often get beaten rather easily by numerous opponent. By the time enemies that use sharp object appears, he's pretty much already invincible. Also remember, his regeneration not only applies in term of healing speed, but also the end result (the scar is not quite visible, more like a white mark which mean the regeneration is >80% correct). On the other hand, Dan wasn't unlucky in that regard...still not as bad as Tomoki, their other friends.

It always been theorized (and so far, haven't yet disproved) that rough sport athletes has lower life expectancy due to scar piling up outside and inside their body.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:12   Link #20735
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Hm, would a kid having a scar like that look overtly disturbing?

Side note - What's Utsuho's personality like? I need to think of the dynamic she and Dan will have.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:17   Link #20736
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, Ichika's almost invisible, Dan's case is rather mild, but Tomoki has his right hand almost torn of, resulting a horrific injury even with I.S.-verse medical tech. (though with present day tech IRL, the result would be even worse).

In mine, Utusho is a Yamato Nadeshiko, her main issues is that she tend to lose her confident (though not fatal most of the time), such as when she found Dan is well two years younger than her, or that she looks herself as plain compared to the rest of the girls.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:23   Link #20737
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I meant kid as in child. Would it stand out or look overtly disturbing.

Side note - Utsuho also seems to be strict and deadpan with her sister. Proof:

Honne: I'm.too.tired.to.go.on~

Utsuho: Honne, do you want me to hit you? Oh, so you do. Well, if you insist....

Honne: I didn't say anything~! I didn't say anything~!
Old 2012-02-03, 09:25   Link #20738
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Spoiler for Scene... I long forgot!:
This post has been brought to you with a ton of Karon and about equal amounts of sleeze.

Regarding the last part between Kajie and the real Lee Qixiang, is it alright? Was it excessive? Any ways to improve?
Old 2012-02-03, 09:27   Link #20739
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First thing first, they won't suspect the worst (it's human nature being positive thinking). It could be from accident for all we knew.

Side note - I'll be sure to implement that.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:27   Link #20740
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Finally, an update! I wanna see the rest!

@ Senpai - A straight scar on the side can be excused as an accident?

Side note - This is how Madoka and Chifuyu act in FI M's still psychopathic, but less so when she's surrounded by Ichika's violently protective harem

Chifuyu: Do you want me to lock you in your room? Alright then. *Shoves her into room and throws away the key.*

Madoka: Hey wait, what about-

Chifuyu: *Shoves Kotanoha in without a word and locks the door again*

Madoka and Kotanoha: .........

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest