AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 08:54   Link #6821
Clarste
Human

You make it sound so complicated like that... It's really quite a simple fight overall.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 09:59   Link #6822
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone know which of the 3 sets is best for prot pally, and I mean the lvl70 area 52 gear, is it scaled lumanar or ornament?
Old 2010-12-29, 10:02   Link #6823
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You make it sound so complicated like that... It's really quite a simple fight overall.
It's what has to be done though, the above people were having problems with it, telling them it's a simple fight won't really help them down it It sounds more complicated than it is indeed, and all those things will become a second nature to look out for once you do more pulls, but it is always good to know the abilities and what might be the wipe causes, so one can work around them.
Old 2010-12-29, 14:33   Link #6824
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Skyfall, do you have any hints on how to deal with Magmaw with a melee heavy group? When he spawns his parasites its going to be quite a hassle for us to dps them down without actually touching them. We can probably slow them somehow, but the problem is dealing with them while not letting them touch us.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:14   Link #6825
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Old 2010-12-29, 16:22   Link #6826
Xacual

That login screen amuses me to no end.

My new annoyance with Tol Barad, I logged in headed over to Tol Barad and saw we controlled it. So I go to the main island seeing we only have 21 minutes until next battle and hurriedly grab the quests and head to the cell block to get those done. After completing them I head out to find the gates to the prison are closed and also after teleporting to the base camp and trying to cross the bridge it's gated off as well. It's 12 minutes until next game seriously does the zone need to be walled off this soon? I can't even turn in the dailies I did which I was trying to do in the hopes it would be a different cell block after the game.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 16:30   Link #6827
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

./facepalm

with a loggin screen like that, no one would be able to play WoW XD
Old 2010-12-29, 16:35   Link #6828
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
That login screen amuses me to no end.

My new annoyance with Tol Barad, I logged in headed over to Tol Barad and saw we controlled it. So I go to the main island seeing we only have 21 minutes until next battle and hurriedly grab the quests and head to the cell block to get those done. After completing them I head out to find the gates to the prison are closed and also after teleporting to the base camp and trying to cross the bridge it's gated off as well. It's 12 minutes until next game seriously does the zone need to be walled off this soon? I can't even turn in the dailies I did which I was trying to do in the hopes it would be a different cell block after the game.
Yea I really don't understand how blizzards thinks stopping the dailies, despawning all the mobs, and walling the zone a full 15 minutes before the next battle is something reasonable D:. Hopefully they'll change it. And yes that login is amusing .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 18:58   Link #6829
GDB

I'm not positive, but I have a theory that if you queue within the zone itself and stay in the zone, you're guaranteed a position in the next battle. That, if true, would explain the 15min shut-out timer. I've done this twice and it's worked both times. However, you must remain in the zone. If you jump off the cliff and swim to the Peninsula, you are no longer guaranteed a position in the battle.

If anyone else wishes to test this to increase the sample size, please feel free.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 21:28   Link #6830
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

no one know which Armor set i should use for prot pally in PVP?
Old 2010-12-29, 22:09   Link #6831
GDB

Unless you never plan to level past 70, don't bother getting PvP gear before the max level.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 22:14   Link #6832
Xacual

Also to expand on that, there are no pvp sets for protection specs. If you were looking for gear to hit northrend with then don't bother, the greens and stuff will be better than anything available at 70.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 22:19   Link #6833
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm not positive, but I have a theory that if you queue within the zone itself and stay in the zone, you're guaranteed a position in the next battle. That, if true, would explain the 15min shut-out timer. I've done this twice and it's worked both times. However, you must remain in the zone. If you jump off the cliff and swim to the Peninsula, you are no longer guaranteed a position in the battle.

If anyone else wishes to test this to increase the sample size, please feel free.
I've been there three times no queued at the start and it still gave me a position, so I'd say that is accurate. [I was running around gather whiptail until it kicked me out after declining to join the battle ].

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless you never plan to level past 70, don't bother getting PvP gear before the max level.
I'd have to disagree a little as on whole yes, but leveling my druid I've picked up a few blue items from PVP rewards to use while leveling that were a lot better than what I had in the slot before for less honor than you would get a BG while leveling really, but that's been during the 1~60 range.
MAL
Old 2010-12-29, 23:56   Link #6834
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well... This new combo for Halfus Wyrmbreaker is not going so well... We got the Shadow Nova AoE (Storm Rider) and the Healing Debuff (Slate Dragon) we planned to release the Storm Rider so the AoE is interuptable, and release the whelps as well because of the proto-behemoth's spells that hurt to no limits. But for some reason the druid tanks just keep dying (one is stam-based, and one is equal in avoidance and stam) if we can get the whelps down, we wipe with the Storm Rider at 75% health left. We have the tank on Halfus, and me interupting the Shadow AoE, it works out, but then things all of a sudden die out and the OT dies from all the damage he is taking from the whelps and the dragon...

We got Argaloth down (2 healed) but the enrage timer was at like 15 seconds left, is that a good thing? Or is that indication that our dps is low? I was pulling between 14-15k dps, the lowest we had was about 9k.
Old 2010-12-30, 00:09   Link #6835
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
We got Argaloth down (2 healed) but the enrage timer was at like 15 seconds left, is that a good thing? Or is that indication that our dps is low? I was pulling between 14-15k dps, the lowest we had was about 9k.
Your DPS seems fine as that was around high DPS I see for people on single target, but considering the PuG I was in for Argaloth today didn't get that close to the enrage timer with the standard 2 heals/2 tanks/6 DPS, I'd say there might be an issue with some of your other DPS maybe then.
MAL
Old 2010-12-30, 01:42   Link #6836
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Skyfall, do you have any hints on how to deal with Magmaw with a melee heavy group? When he spawns his parasites its going to be quite a hassle for us to dps them down without actually touching them. We can probably slow them somehow, but the problem is dealing with them while not letting them touch us.
The way we deal with Magmaw's parasites is - have a DK *waves* go frost and spec Chilblains, pop Blood Presence and spam Howling Blast on them - makes dealing with the adds a complete faceroll. The Dk can hit them from distance with HB, and the adds will be glued to him due to Blood Presence. (Make sure he is the first to hit the adds with HB before the rest of you move in). From there on he can simply kite them, while you take down the adds at your leisure, which will be nicely packed up, slowed, and obediently following your DK.

In other news, Cho'gall went down yesterday, which leaves us with Al'Akir and Nefarian to tackle. A shame our usual frapser was absent, so we didn't get to document the kill. The fight isn't too terrible to execute and the mechanics are fairly straight forward, but quite punishing if you fail at them ... which will become evident in last phase, if you go in there with corruption stacked high. Overall, the fight is a fairly tight DPS race during second phase. Took us a good number of tries, but in the end greed for epics conquers all.
Old 2010-12-30, 08:58   Link #6837
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Damn it, I wasn't really wanting to keep the armor. I kept on getting refunds afteer every bg but stupid internet had to fail on me and made the armor pernament ><
Old 2010-12-30, 17:28   Link #6838
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The way we deal with Magmaw's parasites is - have a DK *waves* go frost and spec Chilblains, pop Blood Presence and spam Howling Blast on them - makes dealing with the adds a complete faceroll. The Dk can hit them from distance with HB, and the adds will be glued to him due to Blood Presence. (Make sure he is the first to hit the adds with HB before the rest of you move in). From there on he can simply kite them, while you take down the adds at your leisure, which will be nicely packed up, slowed, and obediently following your DK.
Well I am the DK of the group apparently, so I should probably do that, but my dps is always on the top of the raid. But I'm sure controlling the parasites is more important then dealing damage on Magmaw.

Quote:
In other news, Cho'gall went down yesterday, which leaves us with Al'Akir and Nefarian to tackle. A shame our usual frapser was absent, so we didn't get to document the kill. The fight isn't too terrible to execute and the mechanics are fairly straight forward, but quite punishing if you fail at them ... which will become evident in last phase, if you go in there with corruption stacked high. Overall, the fight is a fairly tight DPS race during second phase. Took us a good number of tries, but in the end greed for epics conquers all.
wow Skyfall, you already downed Cho'Gall? o.o
Old 2010-12-30, 18:39   Link #6839
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Well I am the DK of the group apparently, so I should probably do that, but my dps is always on the top of the raid. But I'm sure controlling the parasites is more important then dealing damage on Magmaw.
Yer, i recall you were playing a DK, hence the *wave*. Indeed, you shouldn't worry about the DPS loss here - dealing with the parasites is the priority, they are the only thing remotely dangerous in this encounter. I think you will be pleasantly surprised to see how easy a DK on them makes the encounter.

Quote:
wow Skyfall, you already downed Cho'Gall? o.o
A shame caster token didn't drop ... then again i would have passed on it anyways, as warlock tier bonuses are terrible. Al'akir refused to go down today though ... what a messy fight. Personally i actually kinda liked it, and find the mechanics fun to work around, but you really can't afford mistakes by anyone during any phase, else you end up lacking in heals or DPS. Certainly taking us longer than Cho'gall did ... no matter, he will go down next time. Standing between a raid and loot is a dangerous place to be

On another note, our Ascendant Council video has been uploaded (from the POV of our second lock). A clean kill, and the fight is simpler than we expected as well. First two phases are easy, and the only issue might be the burn phase in the end ... which isn't all too difficult either. I would say Valiona & Theralion is a harder fight than this.

Old 2010-12-30, 21:07   Link #6840
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I do agree that Valiona and Theralion are probably the hardest bosses so far in my book, especially if your group is melee heavy, even if they have a huge hitbox to spread out on, there is still Theralion's void zones that he drops around occasionally while he is on the ground. How are we supposed to deal with that exactly? Have our tank kite Theralion around in a circle when he spawns a void zone?

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows