AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-17, 10:13   Link #1
marinne14

anime that...

anyone knows an anime that the main girl is a silent type like nagato?? any anime with good quality?! please
Old 2008-05-17, 10:53   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It seems to me such a show would be rather boring and difficult to write. Most anime heroines I've seen tend toward the "plucky" or "genki" character types and aren't usually very quiet.

One somewhat quiet and retiring girl might be Okonogi Yuko (aka "Yasako" or "gentle girl"), one of the two leads of Dennou Coil. The other lead, Amasawa Yuko (aka "Isako"), is often pretty quiet as well, though she has no trouble bossing around a bunch of boys when the need arises.

And, yes, this is an excellent show. I'm just finishing re-watching it, and the quality just shines.

Other possible contenders include Miyako in Ghost Hound, and the "Daughter of Twenty Faces."

None of these is a romance or comedy show, though. I don't watch most high-school romances, harems, or eroge spinoffs, so there may well be the type of character you're looking for there.
Old 2008-05-17, 12:59   Link #3
marinne14

thanks dude! hehe.. it just comes to me because i watched "today in class 5-2" and this girl Kazumi Aihara(the silent blonde girl) interest me and like her, i wish i could watch an anime with that kind of heroine ^_^
Old 2008-05-17, 13:10   Link #4
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Girls with no personality or emotion?

Primula from Shuffle! fits. Some things change as you continue, but she's still your emotionless loli.
Vanilla H from Galaxy Angel also works. She rarely talks and when she does, it's often obscure phrases of little meaning.
I'm sure I'm forgetting more, but oh well.
Old 2008-05-18, 01:48   Link #5
Fweakin

Well, in the off chance that you haven't seen it, Neon Genesis Evangelion had Rei, who is rather emotionless to say the least.

Other than that, if you count a semi-secondary character, Kanon has Mai, who again would fit the description.

Best I can do I'm afraid.
Old 2008-05-19, 00:54   Link #6
marinne14

ohh thanks! i really appreciate it... but i already watch eva^_^ what i mean is an anime that the main girl is a silent type like nagato but she is the heroine ^_^ thanks guys.. ohh i'll surely find an anime like that
Old 2008-05-19, 01:40   Link #7
kayos
Banned

Serial Experiments Lain, for the most part, she's quiet.
Old 2008-05-19, 02:02   Link #8
james0246

Key from Key: The Metal Idol. In fact Key created a new standard for the unemotional silent main girl character-type. Don't let the linked desription fool you, there is more going on in the show than meets the eye.

Also, LaLa-Ru from Now and Then, Here and There is fairly unemotional and silent. In fact she has only a few lines of actual dilogue in the entire show.

(p.s. both of these characters are "main" characters, even more so than Nagato (who is ultimately a secondary character to Kyon and Haruhi), and both shows are very good and very different from the "norm" (Key is a little bit like if Satoshi Kon decided to make Perfect Blue a regular television series, and Now and Then, Here and There is like a Miyazaki film but with balls ).
Old 2008-05-19, 02:34   Link #9
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinne14 View Post
ohh thanks! i really appreciate it... but i already watch eva^_^ what i mean is an anime that the main girl is a silent type like nagato but she is the heroine ^_^ thanks guys.. ohh i'll surely find an anime like that
I'm pretty sure Vanilla H had fewer lines in about 120-ish episodes of Galaxy Angel than Yuki did in 14 episodes of Haruhi, and she's a more central character than Yuki is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Serial Experiments Lain, for the most part, she's quiet.
Eh, her personalities aren't quite the same as those of the above mentioned characters.

I did my best to be ambiguous while not being overly so.
Old 2008-05-19, 05:07   Link #10
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
mmm maybe Sola with the main girl as Anon and maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion other then that its a rather difficult request
Old 2008-05-19, 11:34   Link #11
marinne14

i'll try this galaxy angel! hehe thanks!!
Old 2008-05-19, 11:58   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ill say Daughter of Twenty faces. Main character, Chiko, is voiced by Hirano Aya and she's not the chatty type.

Another good anime from Bones.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-05-19, 13:04   Link #13
Oxtail

Tama-chan from Bamboo Blade. She's what Yuki would be like if Yuki kicked butt with a kendo sword and was an anime otaku.
Old 2008-05-21, 08:10   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't know how I forgot about Shion of Shion no Ou. She can't speak at all. Though only eleven, Shion's the best heroine I've seen since Balsa of Seirei no Moribito.

Another attractive mute who's popped back into the limelight recently is Chane Laforet of Baccano! Chane was a side character in the original series but is playing a larger role in the DVD-only episodes being released now.

Shunki is an important mute supporting character in Saiunkoku Monogatari. The heroine Shurrei is anything but silent, though. Shurrei ranks right up there with Shion and Balsa in the heroine department for me. When it comes time for Shunki to step up, she shows her chops in the heroine role as well.

Oh, and just a general suggestion to anyone posting in the Suggestions forum. Please put something about what you're looking for in the subject line. I had to search the forum to find this thread again because the subject is the unhelpful "anime that...". The OP is hardly alone is using non-descriptive titles; if's unfortunately rather widespread. If the subject had said something about "silent girls like Nagato Yuki" I'd have been able to find it right away just by scanning down the list of forum subjects.
Closed Thread