AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-24, 07:52   Link #41
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Hmm, I wonder if it comes with zoom too? Possibly, Lvl 5 would make her the perfect tactical/strategic tool. She could spot for snipers/teleporters, and put her up on a chopper or any high vantage point and you could make an easy, clean sweep of the whole city.
I wonder if you're familiar with Yumi Azusa from Soul Eater... her clairvoyance is actually much more advanced than Konori's (she can see the whole layout of a building, any objects in it through someone else she knows who is in that location) but I don't know if it's exactly called clairvoyance because wiki doesn't mention anything of it but the Jap eps with subs that I saw say it's clairvoyance, but if that's Konori's Level 5, that'd be truly amazing... XD
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 07:56   Link #42
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Mmm, not much I can say other than another around-average episode. Not bad, but it didn't make much impact for me, hence the brief post.

7/10
Old 2010-01-24, 08:42   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
They need to show the calm and mature Kuroko once in a while, so that the molesting yuri mode Kuroko has maximum impact. I actually like her bedtime hairstyle way more then the twintails. Makes her look like a serious character and valid competition for Touma:

Spoiler for Kuroko <3:
Yeah Kuroko bed time mode was awsum. Guess she keeps those ponytails so as to not kill us with moe, lol.
Old 2010-01-24, 09:22   Link #44
Bordix

same with shinji, although I rated abit higher since I had really low expectations upon watching the episode. And this was the first time I've seen Kuroko well behaved throughout the entire episode; she proves us yet again that she can be uhm, 'mature' when needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

oh and Touma>>>Kurozawa why?

simple he has Biribiri chasing after him
well if it comes to fighting my money is definitely on Kurozawa. There's just so much power in his punches, but it's probably not fair to compare a high school student and a big guy like him
Old 2010-01-24, 11:44   Link #45
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I assume the higher her level, the more layer of material she can penetrate... Wonder if she can see through lead?
Since x-rays are a form of electromagnetic radiation she'll start throwing out EMP blasts, or tapping into radio waves. Heck, even laser beams are a form of electromagnetic radiation, and if we draw things to the extremes, she has possible access to gamma rays. Which means she potentially has access to nuclear powers.

Beware the seemingly harmless ones. :3

Also, more hair-down Kuroko please.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 12:07   Link #46
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Since x-rays are a form of electromagnetic radiation she'll start throwing out EMP blasts, or tapping into radio waves. Heck, even laser beams are a form of electromagnetic radiation, and if we draw things to the extremes, she has possible access to gamma rays. Which means she potentially has access to nuclear powers.

She could be limited to seeing gamma rays. Which is useful, but doesn't make her able to shoot them or anything.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 12:24   Link #47
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
She could be limited to seeing gamma rays. Which is useful, but doesn't make her able to shoot them or anything.
Accelerator hacks people's brains. Mikoto conducts cyber terrorism over a payphone. If they can stretch the definition of their powers, it's not too unreasonable to bend the rules for Mii as well, be it "M-M-MIIKURU BEAMU!!!" or seeing through time, like /a/ was saying the other day.

Otherwise, it is a bit of a let down to be stuck with a power that doesn't grant you direct offensive or defensive capabilities no matter how strong you become.
Old 2010-01-24, 12:51   Link #48
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Well, with her see-through ability, there's a possibility that it might not be x-rays, but rather it's much weaker, low frequency cousin on the other side of the electromagnetic wave spectrum - the terahertz wave spectrum that is used by security check personnel as a non-ionising method to look through objects, since the x-ray is an ionising electromagnetic radiation.
Old 2010-01-24, 15:00   Link #49
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Hmm, possible, but unlikely. If she can use her ability to see through objects, that implies manipulation of the energy. She needs to bounce the waves to get a picture, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Well, with her see-through ability, there's a possibility that it might not be x-rays, but rather it's much weaker, low frequency cousin on the other side of the electromagnetic wave spectrum - the terahertz wave spectrum that is used by security check personnel as a non-ionising method to look through objects, since the x-ray is an ionising electromagnetic radiation.
*shrug* Still lies in the electromagnetic spectrum. And as we've seen with Mikoto, if it's in the spectrum, it's fair game.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 15:50   Link #50
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haha.. Mii, Kuro. what are they, cats?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 16:34   Link #51
Ghostfriendly

They really pulled through this episode, slightly redeeming the banal group of opponents from 15 by giving them some backstory, and giving a lovely emotional Mii (the milk business with Kurozuma was too cute). I'm not too suprised she didn't get attacked, because that person wouldn't have gotten away from Kurozuma with a simple beating. Non-insane Kuroko was nice as well.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 17:52   Link #52
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
I admit this particular episode was somewhat dramatic x3! The developement of Mii-sempai was great! I always wondered what she was actually like ever since her appearence in past episodes. Overall I hope the next episode will be just as enjoyable as this.

Kurozoma! A real model sempai T^T!
Pandabreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 18:01   Link #53
babohtea

Meh. Her Clairvoyance might not even work the way we think it does. Clairvoyance can really mean many things. She could be using the air molecules around her as her "eyes" etc.

There aren't a lot of X-rays everywhere (otherwise we would be screwed). So she'd need an X-ray flashlight. Or, like you said, she must be able to create X-rays in a place they wouldn't normally be if that's how her vision works.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:02   Link #54
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Otherwise, it is a bit of a let down to be stuck with a power that doesn't grant you direct offensive or defensive capabilities no matter how strong you become.
Welcome to Uiharu's world. A power so useless she writes it off and we naven't ever knowingly seen her use it.

Except of course Mii doesn't see her power that way. These days at least.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 18:04   Link #55
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Welcome to Uiharu's world. A power so useless she writes it off and we naven't ever knowingly seen her use it.

Except of course Mii doesn't see her power that way. These days at least.
You never know. Turns out the supervillain in Railgun is allergic to daisies....

Also, some powers are only useless at lower levels.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:23   Link #56
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

If Mii upgrades and gains fragment Scan abilites, all she needs to do is call upon the Oh Great One, Adam Blade and have him do her bidding
Therre would be nothing stopping them, I mean Mii has plenty of material to keep Blade in the plam of her hand for a very very long time

AC is like paradise for Blade
Old 2010-01-24, 18:42   Link #57
Yufankun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Every power is more or less useless at level 1. The only single exception I can think of is Tsuchimikado, but that one can probably not be measured properly.
Yufankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 18:53   Link #58
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

probably some huge exponential growth in level differences?

nice ep, glad to see more skills used...
Old 2010-01-24, 22:57   Link #59
velvet nightmare

i like how he took his jacket and shirt off as a distraction, just to walk up to big spider and stun him with his amazing chest so he could get close enough to punch him to break apart the dynamite.

i've also never seen someone so happy to be arrested voluntarily
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 23:18   Link #60
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i like how he took his jacket and shirt off as a distraction, just to walk up to big spider and stun him with his amazing chest so he could get close enough to punch him to break apart the dynamite.

i've also never seen someone so happy to be arrested voluntarily
It's an esper ability. Sexy chest ability.