AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 09:41   Link #2241
Homura7

Just finished reading the translation, a few details:

-Memory loss is just temporary, wich means that many influencing things had to happen in the past for Kujira to become Naze. But from now on, any external influence can change Medaka a lot, and that bastard whose project name is 'The King' is about to get what he wants. Plus, as it seems Koga will keep injecting her with the vaccine, the more shoots, the more it will take for Medaka to recover her memories (wonder how much vaccine Naze injected on herself...). Maguro is filled with despair, first Naze, and now Medaka...

-Though the King explains in more detail in the following chapter after this one, what makes each one abnormality differ from the rest is "personality".

-In the end, the current fight that is taking place at the main floor is just for buying time.

-Munakata and Takachiho were used by Naze as speed bump. Looks like the current supervisor of the Flask Plan is very smart and calculator.

And one more, the best:

Bubble gum girl -> NO BRA (Right now I'm having very pervert thoughts ).

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-09 at 10:28.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 10:53   Link #2242
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
And there are two who have not shown their abnormality yet.
Spoiler:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 17:44   Link #2243
Westlo
Lets be reality

Medaka Box Volume 4's first week sales is 63,570, was 72k for vol 3, looks like Medaka, Beezlebub, Kuroko and Sket Dance are all in the same range now.

10, *69,734 *,*69,734 Beelzebub vol.5
11, *69,211 *,*69,211 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
12, *68,014 *,*68,014 Sket Dance vol.13
13, *63,570 *,*63,570 Medaka Box vol.4
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 23:58   Link #2244
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Will have to look at the trans for 44 and raw for 46 later. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Medaka Box Volume 4's first week sales is 63,570, was 72k for vol 3, looks like Medaka, Beezlebub, Kuroko and Sket Dance are all in the same range now.

10, *69,734 *,*69,734 Beelzebub vol.5
11, *69,211 *,*69,211 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
12, *68,014 *,*68,014 Sket Dance vol.13
13, *63,570 *,*63,570 Medaka Box vol.4
Medaka was in the same league as Kuroko and Beelzebub since vol. 3 really. Overall, the difference between it and Beelzebub then was 10K max. Granted all the other series in this bracket have more volumes out.

This was a lower week in sales all around for WSJ. The 2nd week should be closer to the overall totals of their last volumes.
Old 2010-04-10, 18:46   Link #2245
Last Carpet

I think Zenkichi will probably be targeted by the Flask Plan, or at least Class 13.

The Door of Rejection would have let him in if he entered his birthday a second time. He beat Munakata, which no normal should be able to do. The Flask Plan is about turning normal people into geniuses. They can't ignore Zenkichi, a normal who is shooting past Specialty into Abnormality.

Koga was the only member of the 13 Party who was born a normal. She became an Abnormal through Naze's surgery. Zenkichi is developing Abnormality on his own. There's no way the Flask Plan can look past that.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:53   Link #2246
Homura7

Sueshia is gonna release a new magazine in wich a special chapter of Medaka Box will be published along many more special chapters & one-shots.
Old 2010-04-11, 20:29   Link #2247
Last Carpet

OK, the last 6 in the Flask Plan have been named

Zenkichi lookalike: Itoshima Gunki/Senior Class 13/ Project Name: Death Watch

Bubblegum girl in overalls: Yunomae Otome /Junior Class 13/ Project Name: Free World.

Boy with hair flip and glasses: Hyakuchou Hamaya /Junior Class 13/ Project Name: Love.

Girl with Superlong hair:Chikuzen Yutori /Senior Class 13 / Project Name: Trick or Treatment.

Boy in suit with weird scar over eye: Tsurumisaki Yamami /Junior Class 13 /Project Name: Star Master.

Kamimine Shouko/ Senior Class 13 / Project Name: Dental Shoes.

I think I have these right. I could've mixed them up.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 00:03   Link #2248
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-12, 06:24   Link #2249
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
where hath all teh h8rs wenting to?

Glad to see this thread finally isnīt a flamewar battleground anymore
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 13:20   Link #2250
Homura7

Scanlation for ch.44 is out:

http://mangahelpers.com/s/cxcscans/readonline/80006/1

I ROFLD at the last page.

Btw, it was never said Unzen's sister would need three months duly to recover, Nabeshima only said that she "probably" would need that amount of time. Yet we don't even know how many days or weeks passed since before they entered the Flask Plan, but I guess at least a month or even more, because the suggestion box was full with tens of petitions and complaints from many students. Whatever, she's abnormal, so...

Yet again, how many mangas have you read were a certain character needs an amount of time to recover but in the end ends up recovering fastly or goes back to the battlefield still not fully recovered? As far as I know, a lot.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Unzen's sis is not fully recovered yet. Same goes for Takachiho, I bet his chest still burns

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-12 at 13:43.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:35   Link #2251
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

It should only have been a day between the time she got knocked out until now, and really, probably not even a full 24 hours given the time she was knocked out compared to when the Student Council went underground.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 13:39   Link #2252
Homura7

That's why I said she may be fighting with her wounds not fully recovered yet.

However, this must be judged by their accelerated healing properties. Koga can heal a broken bone in seconds, why not the others?

Anyway, the chapter after this one probably will give an answer to that.

And if not, well, even if Nabeshima said that, why should we believe her when it's an unfounded assertion? Because it's indeed a self-made statement. It's like when I broke my ankle. They told me it would need a full month to heal, yet I only need half

You guys know the difference between a self-made statement and an already fullfilled diagnostic, right?

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-12 at 14:06.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:08   Link #2253
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
That's why I said she may be fighting with her wounds not fully recovered yet.
Don't act like you didn't add that in when you edited the post.

I first read that one guy's name as Stair Master in the translation, but I see it's really Star Master. That's cool, too, I guess. I really hope we get an explanation for all these names eventually. After seeing the chick in nothing but overalls, I can only make one guess as to why she's call Free World.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 14:31   Link #2254
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Don't act like you didn't add that in when you edited the post.
Shit, you got me

Anyway, why such complaints (not you, DJ) for a character that recovered fastly than expected? She, Takachiho and Munakata are just there to keep those guys from Class 13 busy, that's all. As long as neither of them do something that could lead to a deus ex-machina, it's fine.

Quote:
I first read that one guy's name as Stair Master in the translation, but I see it's really Star Master. That's cool, too, I guess. I really hope we get an explanation for all these names eventually. After seeing the chick in nothing but overalls, I can only make one guess as to why she's call Free World.
"PLEASE, BE GENTLE"

You know? It's kind of troublesome when mangakas do not bother to tell how many time it passes from one chapter to another. Yet, that's been made in a 90% of manga.
Old 2010-04-12, 16:03   Link #2255
Sol Falling

Moreso than Stair/Star Master...the last one was called Dental Shoes, lol.

It was a pretty eventful chapter (44, that is). Now we have learned that it was not Medaka's abnormality, but her personality which was extraordinary--nonetheless, we are still in suspense as to what Medaka's abnormality and personality actually are. Blanking out Medaka's fight with Koga was pretty evil, in that sense--it's not just a fight we missed, but rather a key point of comparison for understanding why Medaka has been successful at everything she does.

I'm looking forward to the giant clusterfuck/fight. Despite the reinforcements, Zenkichi's team still looks to be in bad shape. I'm interested in seeing what people like Onigase and--like people have been mentioning--Kikaijima, can do.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 16:29   Link #2256
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Now we have learned that it was not Medaka's abnormality, but her personality which was extraordinary--nonetheless, we are still in suspense as to what Medaka's abnormality and personality actually are.
'The King' talks about that issue in the following chapter.
Old 2010-04-12, 23:16   Link #2257
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Medaka's personality being the source of her strength and not exactly her abnormality was a good move. It helps to feed the idea that it isn't always just what kind of an ability an abnormal may have, but also how they try to develop and use it based on their character. It also opens up the possibility of someone who has a seemingly useless abnormality but is a complete bad ass with it. Reminds me a bit of One Piece and the Devil Fruit users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
where hath all teh h8rs wenting to?

Glad to see this thread finally isnīt a flamewar battleground anymore
Still hoping and praying that the sky will start falling on this series so it will somehow validate their intense and irrational hatred over the series not being exactly like the one shot. Even though the serialization still keeps many aspects from that OS and the writing has continued to get better and more balanced. Especially when the episodic beginning chapters that laid down the foundation for the story finally ended.

Of course some are still bound to come up to try and still make ridiculous claims of the manga ending and bad writing.
Old 2010-04-13, 05:08   Link #2258
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Sueshia is gonna release a new magazine in wich a special chapter of Medaka Box will be published along many more special chapters & one-shots.
So it's getting pushed in a new mag and it's not in the bottom 5 again.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 06:40   Link #2259
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Ch. 44:

I like this turn of events. This could give the other characters a chance to shine. the Plus Six designs are interesting enough for me to look froward to their fights (And lol at one of them being Rider from F/S Night )

should be fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So it's getting pushed in a new mag and it's not in the bottom 5 again.
I dont think that. Many popular series in WSJ do have special chapters published in other magazines. This looks like a stunt to promote the new mag.
Old 2010-04-14, 09:37   Link #2260
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
#20 (19/04) :
Gintama (Lead Color & cover)
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Toriko
Nurarihyon (Color)
Reborn
Medaka
Bakuman (Color)
Beelzebub
Hokenshitsu
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Psyren (Color)
Lock On!
Kochi
Yotsuya
Kuroko
Hunter
Kashikoi
Jaguar

Well look at that, Medaka is one spot away from the top five.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council