AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 01:45   Link #2281
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Anyone have an appraisal for what this amulet might be worth in the AH?
If you must, just put it on the auction site with no buyout. Frankly if I am you, I will keep it for one of my future builds.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:03   Link #2282
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
My first thought was the same as Dr. Evil. However, given the junk that's selling for several hundred k, it would seem the millions should only be the starting bid...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 03:13   Link #2283
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

You know, something important is missing from the Auction House. The "Watch" function.

There are so many items in the AH, that I can never be sure if what I see is the best deal. Further, an auction might not end for another 24 hours, by then I might not even need it anymore.

I just want some way to put desirable items in a "Watch" column, so that I can compare prices and to make up my mind about an item the day after. The need to place a bid in order to put it on the watch list is just annoying.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:24   Link #2284
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Anyone have an appraisal for what this amulet might be worth in the AH?
Can't give you any numbers but I fear it's not worth much stats wise. lvl 50-54 items are especially doomed when it comes to value, since even simple magical (blue) items starting from 55 can be so much better than this. The point is that no sane person would spend much for it just for the last 8 levels because at lvl 60 items the best items are "unlocked".
Other than that the numbers are underwhelming as well, doesn't help that there's just one socket.

Legendary weapons often are even worse. Found a lvl 58 legendary 2H sword the other day in a2 inferno - 406 dps ... what am I gonna do with it? Salvaging gives just 3 rare hell materials since its <60.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 03:31   Link #2285
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Eh, socket? I think you are looking at those not so good pants.

Also, I was securing Rising some cheaper weapons on the auction house by buying them. Funny enough, I ended up reselling them back for more gold than I bought them for since I found better in the meantime

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-02, 03:36   Link #2286
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Can't give you any numbers but I fear it's not worth much stats wise. lvl 50-54 items are especially doomed when it comes to value, since even simple magical (blue) items starting from 55 can be so much better than this. The point is that no sane person would spend much for it just for the last 8 levels because at lvl 60 items the best items are "unlocked".
Other than that the numbers are underwhelming as well, doesn't help that there's just one socket.

Legendary weapons often are even worse. Found a lvl 58 legendary 2H sword the other day in a2 inferno - 406 dps ... what am I gonna do with it? Salvaging gives just 3 rare hell materials since its <60.
There is just one thing. I Said "Amulet" not "pants"
Old 2012-06-02, 04:12   Link #2287
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

My Wizard is at level 54, and I am already planning for my next character. I only play ranged, but it seems WD and DH are a little complicated. So my next character would likely be a throwing Barb. It seems fun, and the 30% damage reduction should improve survivability.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:13   Link #2288
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
My Wizard is at level 54, and I am already planning for my next character. I only play ranged, but it seems WD and DH are a little complicated. So my next character would likely be a throwing Barb. It seems fun, and the 30% damage reduction should improve survivability.
I have a lvl 35DH in Hardcore mode. From up to this point, DH is an amazing character. I wouldn't say they're all that complicated. The basis of a DH is to not get hit, but there is such an array of abilities to keep that from happening, and they're all fairly easy to pull off.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:39   Link #2289
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
There is just one thing. I Said "Amulet" not "pants"
Ye sry, my bad.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 05:16   Link #2290
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
So my next character would likely be a throwing Barb. It seems fun, and the 30% damage reduction should improve survivability.
Hardly. The hardest part would be Fury management, and this build is so gear dependence that I can only pull it off properly after I got my critical chance up to 30% without any buff. Survivability is also taking a dive since there isn't much regen skills you can utilize.

It works good in party, though. My group of Barb at lv 50 went through Hell Act 3, and end at lv 55. Going to finish Diablo tonight.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:41   Link #2291
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

It's retarded how much easier solo games are. I got pwned like by any elite mob in hell act 2, yet when I play on my own, I didn't even need to drink a potion against Belial and elite mobs do so little. But in solo you can use a follower.

Also, I turned on elective mode. I can blind and heal bitches!

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-02, 06:06   Link #2292
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It's retarded how much easier solo games are. I got pwned like by any elite mob in hell act 2, yet when I play on my own, I didn't even need to drink a potion against Belial and elite mobs do so little. But in solo you can use a follower.

Also, I turned on elective mode. I can blind and heal bitches!
But in multiplayer, if you die against a major boss you can keep going back and fight on. But when playing solo, eg if Diablo kills you, you have to restart the entire fight from the beginning.

Oh, and of course no followers allowed when fighting Diablo. That was a cheap restriction.
Old 2012-06-02, 06:40   Link #2293
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Finally found myself a copy of Diablo 3.

The ID's Nightengale#6110

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 07:55   Link #2294
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

FINALLY the Asia server got patched to the America and Euro server standard, so I'm able to access my mains again. And to top it off, the wizard hate I bought out for 40k gold 4 days ago that never appeared in my completed items now did, along with all my other transactions. Good times.

And in other news, Ai Wo Torimodose makes good BGM when playing a Monk.

EDIT:

Btw, anyone else playing on the Asia Server? Or are everyone playing on the America Server?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 08:03   Link #2295
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
But in multiplayer, if you die against a major boss you can keep going back and fight on. But when playing solo, eg if Diablo kills you, you have to restart the entire fight from the beginning.

Oh, and of course no followers allowed when fighting Diablo. That was a cheap restriction.
That's not true. You can't reenter unless they resurrect you unless everyone dies then you can start at the checkpoint. But you'd have to start the entire fight over again. Resurrecting people against act bosses is not easy, since they're not going to let you stand still for that long.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-02, 08:16   Link #2296
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Geh, nowhere near Azmodan yet, but I feel like my DPS (1100-ish) can't quite catch up to the HP of the monsters that are thrown at me. And I'm still at Nightmare. I shudder to think what kind of money I'd have to shell out for something even decent at Hell difficulty.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:26   Link #2297
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Geh, nowhere near Azmodan yet, but I feel like my DPS (1100-ish) can't quite catch up to the HP of the monsters that are thrown at me. And I'm still at Nightmare. I shudder to think what kind of money I'd have to shell out for something even decent at Hell difficulty.
Things don't get expensive until Inferno. 5,000g is a decent cut-off point for budget spending in Nightmare if you don't "want" upgrades now. 10,000g if you really want to get something immediately.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:27   Link #2298
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

It's not that expensive. 15k should be enough for a hell weapon.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-02, 08:30   Link #2299
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Btw, anyone else playing on the Asia Server? Or are everyone playing on the America Server?
I tried logging in to Asia from Australia once, but the servers were busy then. Haven't tried since as I assumed it will always be full like that.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:31   Link #2300
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
That's not true. You can't reenter unless they resurrect you unless everyone dies then you can start at the checkpoint. But you'd have to start the entire fight over again. Resurrecting people against act bosses is not easy, since they're not going to let you stand still for that long.
I find 3 is the magic number for group play cause the boss usually would focus on one guy at a time allowing the 2nd guy to rez. 2 person though is a bitch to try and rez, granted not impossible cause there's always a small window where they are either doing some long animation skill or chasing after you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Depends on playstyle and skill setup. I ran through most of Hell @ 4k dps fully buffed. Finished Nightmare around 2k dps. Until end of Hell, I was stacking Sweeping Wind onto of my monk so things tends to go down fairly at a decent speed despite the low dps.

At the start of Act III hell i swap skill for a kiting setup (long reach/wave of light/ally for tank) cause molten/plague murders melee unless I reposition the mobs or can hit outside those range.

Still working pretty well in inferno but god it takes forever to kill elites/champion now even with 12k dps with a kite setup.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler