AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 09:39   Link #38661
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Eh? I always thought Pre-write Athena being good on it's own. I mean, c'mon, no one else managed to make duplicate machine INTERESTING like you did.
I did like the previous set up of Athena. Only thing is, pre-rewrite Praxidike had no other purpose but being there. It gives people the impression that they're like the Avengers but on a much smaller scale.

The Replicas still retain though. Only this time they get to mob against the Minerva without intrusion from the Silver Gospel or any other IS.

Quote:
Bleeding edge technology in general, but they ended up backstabbing each other because each of them wanted a monopoly.

Fallen Nation Corps are formed by the remnants of that project who called a truce, funding certain terrorist group and made them their puppet. They're pissed when Tabane revealed that she's WAY ahead their league.
Sure is disappointing to be part of them. It's like they got supertech and thought they are the most powerful in the world, only to realize there's someone who possess and even greater power.

Quote:
It was on purpose, but even Tabane is human and not invincible.

By a certain pint, Tabane's machination caused the regression of world order and sparking global war, EVERYONE has their own I.S.-copy (or something that could match them, at least). It's like going from Real life Cold War to Strangereal-level mayhem.
Somehow it sounds like all the OCs in powered-armor fanfics can be thrown in there just for brief-cameo purposes. XD

Tabane is human allright, but her knowledge could potentially beat Einstein's when it comes to the Infinite Stratos.
Old 2012-12-14, 09:47   Link #38662
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's even lampshaded in the transplant Fic where I.S. character lived in Strangereal (Ace Combat's fictional world), I.S. doesn't exist.

Tabane's VERY EXISTENCE already caused all sort of mishap, started with 1995 Belkan War all the way to 2045 Corporate War... 50 years full of conflict triggered by a girl's engineering notebook, who would have thought?

Exhibit 1: this motherfucker

1. Abnormal performance and durability WITHOUT the trick below.
2. Total immunity to guided weapon and bullets (except the intake)
3. Perfect radar stealth
4. All sort of supertech weapon in such small package, pure wankery.

No one else can recreate the second feature, ever, and the rest is nerfed greatly anyway. The second unit is pure joke, just a souped up Berkut-Eagle Hybrid (still a great plane, but seriously).
Old 2012-12-14, 09:58   Link #38663
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

DAT PLANE, WE MEET AGAIN!

By a notebook? I know everyone wants to make stronger weapons but that notebook must've had a lot of gamebreaker info in it to trigger a mad power race. Then again, this is Tabane we're talking about...

Wankery, no kidding. Firing missiles backwards, wtf man.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:10   Link #38664
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hints already there in the chapter 1, Belkan war revolutionized engineering technology, and the source is none other than Tabane. The notebook, I mean, is kind of symbolic in that regard. It's full of untested concept and philosophy, and the pages are spread out all over the world, sparking the sudden spike of mad scientist that lead to crazy stuff like Excalibur and Arkbird.

She actually hesitate to make another perfect Morgan due for it being TOO gamebreaker, not even for Houki. Instead, she create the second generation unit: the FALKEN. She reluctantly gave Pixy the first Morgan because she felt NOTHING else can challenge Galm 1, aka Demon Lord.

Houki's FALKEN actually met a second, imperfect Morgan later in the story.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:21   Link #38665
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I could only guess who's piloting that second Morgan...

The current plan I have with Athena re-write is that as the flashback mentioned, the Core AI "Athena" spends her life learning about all the shuttle projects and incidents for nine-ten years, continually studying and refining the knowledge until it bogs down to the perfect unit for space exploration.

No doubt, with a Core AI, the resultant unit has to be an IS. The pilot though, is another matter.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:26   Link #38666
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I could only guess who's piloting that second Morgan...
Laura. It's there in the sig

Quote:
No doubt, with a Core AI, the resultant unit has to be an IS. The pilot though, is another matter.
Hmm, can that be linked to I.S.-dependence on human operator?
Old 2012-12-14, 10:33   Link #38667
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Laura. It's there in the sig
Well shit, son...

Quote:
Hmm, can that be linked to I.S.-dependence on human operator?
She needs one, yeah. While on the course of space exploration, Athena needs a human pilot to learn emotions, instinct and how the pilot reacts to various situations in space... and she needs someone who's new to space.

Odd choice, but that's how I plan it to be. Given the IS' "females-only" nature, the pilot cannot be Inami so the honor goes to the second-best candidate of the Minerva Project.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:43   Link #38668
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Well shit, son...
No worries, since Houki already survived CONTINENTAL war by that point, the skill gap aren't as bad as canon. Hell, technically Houki has more battlefield experience than Laura.

And the 2nd Morgan, though made using 2004's technology, still clearly inferior to FALKEN in all aspect except firepower (it has small-size MPBM AND Improved TLS pod) and maybe endurance (She has higher G-tolerance due to her origin)

Quote:
She needs one, yeah. While on the course of space exploration, Athena needs a human pilot to learn emotions, instinct and how the pilot reacts to various situations in space... and she needs someone who's new to space.
Nice thought
Old 2012-12-14, 11:59   Link #38669
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is there something fundamentally wrong with Ichika's canon characterzation? Denseness just implies being insensitive and ignorant, but I think his character goes far beyond that now. I can't put my finger on it but I find it bizarre ever since I tried to locate the parts that made him difficult to write for me.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 19:34   Link #38670
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I would like to think that he's genuinely dense and he just doesn't know how/what to react to romantic feelings. That's just me though, I don't think he's being such an arse on purpose.
Old 2012-12-14, 20:00   Link #38671
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Being an ass was not his intention, IGNORANT is, he said in his monologue he didn't want to delve into romance... twice. Fans simply can't accept Harem hero who DOESN'T want a girlfriend yet. Ichika is not badass enough to be an exception, for that matter.

And as Hawke said long ago, simply refusing them is not an option. Not only it's hazardous to his health, but it'll make things awkward between them as well.

Overall, Ichika is really that bad in socializing, especially with he opposite sex. So in my opinion, he purposefully keep the status quo. It's mean, but not like the girls are saint either.
Old 2012-12-14, 20:03   Link #38672
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not just talking about romance. Just overall life. Studies, sense of direction, aesthetic for domestic chores, slight hot blooded shonen tendencies, inexplicable ability to attract women. It's like... Ichika's supposed to be the amalgamation of a purity stu that was halfway done or something.

All the while claiming to be an average joe. It might sound something like a jealousy rant but seriously, I find something wrong with this.
Old 2012-12-14, 20:30   Link #38673
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Here it goes...!

Spoiler for Flashback:
That looks good, man. Here's what I got so far with mine for chapter 9.

Spoiler for Chapter. 9:
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 21:18   Link #38674
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
That looks good, man. Here's what I got so far with mine for chapter 9.

Spoiler for Chapter. 9:
Only Sergeant Epps has the ideal one-liner for that end:
Quote:
"We're about to get our asses whooped!"
I'm also writing out the part where the Minerva gets trashed around by the Replica Jabbers, the copies of the initial five Academy ISes.
Old 2012-12-15, 02:35   Link #38675
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm not just talking about romance. Just overall life. Studies, sense of direction, aesthetic for domestic chores, slight hot blooded shonen tendencies, inexplicable ability to attract women. It's like... Ichika's supposed to be the amalgamation of a purity stu that was halfway done or something.

All the while claiming to be an average joe. It might sound something like a jealousy rant but seriously, I find something wrong with this.
Honestly, it's because Izuru is indecisive. I can see that he WANT to make quality hero, not some lame ass ISO standard harem sucker. But at the same time, we knew Izuru's origin: harem-themed Visual Novels which doesn't have a big name either.

Hell, I heard the hero of "Afterschool Battlefield" is even worse than Ichika.
Old 2012-12-15, 03:29   Link #38676
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So it really is an issue of choosing an archetype and sticking with it.
Old 2012-12-15, 03:47   Link #38677
DarkJak2050

Were the canon characters acting themselves in that bit I posted?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 04:30   Link #38678
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Did Ichika knew they're manned? I don't think he'll use lethal force in that case, more like trying to disarm them.

Otherwise, it's good.
Old 2012-12-15, 06:59   Link #38679
Eratas123

Can you fight effectively right after getting half your left ring finger cut off?
Old 2012-12-15, 07:06   Link #38680
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't see why not.

Just remember to tie whatever left tightly or you'll lose a lot of blood, FAST. Forming a fist will be a problem tho.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest