AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 06:41   Link #7141
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
What is the real difference between hime and oujo? Both mean "princess" in English but some of my friends said "hime" is for Japanese princesses and "oujo" is for non-Japanese princesses, especially Western ones. Is this true?
Your friend is close enough

I would say hime is princess, when oujo is more like "lady". So if you call someone hime, they will either be a princess or someone who worth to refer as a princess (from Japanese POV at least) . Meanwhile oujo is to address someone with high status in same league with a princess, but not matter whether they are part of a monarch or not.

Maybe some native speaker could have something to add (or fix)?
Old 2013-09-10, 07:15   Link #7142
HasuMasu
*Artist

If one were to go about buying a dakimakura online, where would they go?

Google just gives me shady places like e-bay...
Old 2013-09-12, 17:35   Link #7143
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
If you can't use drop down or check boxes in Word 2010, what are you doing wrong?
Old 2013-09-12, 17:37   Link #7144
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
If one were to go about buying a dakimakura online, where would they go?

Google just gives me shady places like e-bay...
Which one are you looking for?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 05:40   Link #7145
HasuMasu
*Artist

Sorry forgot to edit the post; question has been answered.
Old 2013-09-14, 07:18   Link #7146
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Sorry if it's a little late, but I'd like to comment on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110
I would say hime is princess, when oujo is more like "lady". So if you call someone hime, they will either be a princess or someone who worth to refer as a princess (from Japanese POV at least) . Meanwhile oujo is to address someone with high status in same league with a princess, but not matter whether they are part of a monarch or not.
You may have misunderstood "oujo" with "ojou". Oujo (written 皇女, cmiiw) indeed means royal princess, while I suspect the "lady" you refer to is お嬢 (ojou).

@Joyce_Steele: To answer the original question though, I am not really aware there is such distinction of use between hime and oujo. If anything I think oujo would be used to refer to actual royal Japanese princesses more because it literally has Imperial written there.
Old 2013-09-22, 10:10   Link #7147
kaitok
Inspired Musician

don't know if this is considered "serious" question for here or not but it's forum-related... so..

are there going to be anymore banner contests for the forum? 'cause there used to be seasonal banner contest back in 2011 and 2012 and i took part in them.
Old 2013-09-22, 18:39   Link #7148
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What are Virtual Video Cards? Are they safe? Will it help me in my gaming that requires high graphic support?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:25   Link #7149
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
are there going to be anymore banner contests for the forum? 'cause there used to be seasonal banner contest back in 2011 and 2012 and i took part in them.
I am sure we will have a new contest eventually, but I cannot give you a date right now.
Old 2013-09-23, 03:58   Link #7150
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Can anyone help with my Google search? For some odd reason, I cannot use the search for anything as it keeps telling that this site is not trusted or it doesn't have a trusted certificate. Either something is wrong with my browser or I think caught something.
Old 2013-09-23, 05:01   Link #7151
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Can anyone help with my Google search? For some odd reason, I cannot use the search for anything as it keeps telling that this site is not trusted or it doesn't have a trusted certificate. Either something is wrong with my browser or I think caught something.
Is your PC Clock/Date correct?

Cheers.
Old 2013-09-23, 06:38   Link #7152
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Is it possible for the forum to have more smiley faces or is that restricted by vbulletin? And if it is possible, would the staff consider adding more?
Old 2013-09-23, 08:28   Link #7153
HasuMasu
*Artist

It is possible to add more.
Old 2013-09-23, 13:50   Link #7154
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Is your PC Clock/Date correct?

Cheers.
I fixed it works now and it really was a clock problem.
Old 2013-09-23, 15:15   Link #7155
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Is it possible for the forum to have more smiley faces or is that restricted by vbulletin? And if it is possible, would the staff consider adding more?
What do you have in mind? Do you plan on making some or do you want to suggest something you saw at another site?
Old 2013-09-23, 15:18   Link #7156
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
What are Virtual Video Cards? Are they safe? Will it help me in my gaming that requires high graphic support?
With all my years working and gaming on Personal Computers I have never came across the term. I don't claim to be an amazing genius who knows everything about computers but I have been building my machines for a few years and I'm a software programmer by trade so my take on the matter is this: 90% sure it's snake oil. Avoid at all costs. Nothing can replace a proper upgrade to a computer (maybe re-installing the os and everything else from scratch but nowadays even that is relatively rare given one avoids stuff like "memory boosters" and other similar scams).
Old 2013-09-26, 10:51   Link #7157
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Hello!

Well, I am interested in the Tagalog language, so I've been studying it.. So well, here is the question, where can I find a good english-tagalog dictionary? And what is the price?
Old 2013-09-26, 12:13   Link #7158
FireChick

need help finding a book.

I don't know where to ask this. I need help finding a book I used to read when I was little. I don't remember the title or the author, just that the main character is a girl named Jerry whose mother died, and she and her brothers wind up in foster care. I know at one point they stay with their abusive grandmother who always complained about them "contaminating" her granddaughter Alice and that Jerry graduates from school under the false surname Zigga. Care to help me please?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 23:56   Link #7159
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoaxe View Post
Hello!

Well, I am interested in the Tagalog language, so I've been studying it.. So well, here is the question, where can I find a good english-tagalog dictionary? And what is the price?
You could find multiple at any National Bookstore.
Old 2013-09-29, 00:35   Link #7160
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoaxe View Post
Hello!

It's very cheap. You can buy one at least 1 dollar. You can check any bookstore or department store in our country.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious