AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-09, 23:25   Link #121
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
*Demongod has met his match

Seriously, I would want CE to just be bookshelved enough to make its fans more mature.
Met my match? Sorry, I'm just a fan of characters that are likable as people and not just as anime characters, and also a fan of characters with a brain between their ears that can do more than beamspam. And Kira and Lacus in that respect deliver. THAT is why I like the CE. I think Kira rocks, and Lacus is as close as you can come to being a goddess without actually having a license from Yggdrasil.

I'm also an Illidan fanboy, Sephiroth fanboy, a Belldandy fanboy, a Yuna fanboy, a Tifa fanboy, a Saber fan, and a Rider fanboy. Only a Saber fan because outside of battle she's largely useless.

GSD was not a bad anime by any means. Yes, it was perhaps the first gundam where the first main character was a complete mess and a PHAILURE, but this is why you fall back on what works and bring back goddess and her knight in even better shining armor!

Seriously, if you're looking for a million and one good characters, go read a damn book and get bored to death by the subtleties and throw down GRRM's game of thrones on page 269 because he's boring as shit. If you're watching gundam, pretty much accept that not everyone will have spectacular characterization but at least there'll be plenty of beam spamming and gundam girls. But hey, when it comes to the ultimate definition of good guys, nothing beats the super shiny ship the archangel, a dragon of space with the same color as a pink-haired goddess's hair, commanded by said goddess that also turns gundams into heaven's (or Lacus's) personal bringers of justice (or as WD likes to call it, just-us). And so long as you're willing to take it all in good fun like me, you can just sit back and wave your Kira and Lacus flag all day long .
Old 2007-06-10, 00:21   Link #122
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orni-ed View Post
Then what the heck are you waiting for?! go to SUNRISE now and tell them that you will produce/ write/ direct the 3rd SEED installment...

GS SUPERNOVA FANDISC= t3h warld dominataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

seriously, you got it bad....
well i've did send some email to this place for asking for season 3 of gs http://www.gundamofficial.com/
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 00:37   Link #123
orni-ed
Hayate sama no Tame ni!!!

*facepalm* you don't get it, do you? the fandisc is just a fandisc, and nothing more... it's not some mind-controlling device that makes the owner worship SEED...

you REALLY got it bad... you've been spamming "fandisc-fandisc" all over the internet... may i ask if there's a stop to this?
orni-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 00:49   Link #124
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well i've did send some email to this place for asking for season 3 of gs http://www.gundamofficial.com/
It's so sad that you are becoming such an ignorant person. You come here and all you have been saying is basically the same thing. No matter how many words you add to make it more "intellectual", or "dramatic" it is still the same thing.

Why don't you try what we are trying to tell you? Why are you craving for something that does not exist yet? Your lack of understanding and patience will eventually lead to your demise. And I don't just mean in "internet life", it applies well in real life too.

So what if not all the people like SEED? Please give yourself some dignity. You can't force yourself unto the world. The world does not revolve around Gundam SEED alone.

@demongod: Don't be offended, I just acquired newfound respect for you because of him.

Now unto the next topic:
Do you think that if the CE universe were to continue, would it still use Hirai's Character Designs?
Old 2007-06-10, 01:28   Link #125
thephreak

i don't think it would...why would it change? i think he has done a great job so far, at least for me, so it wouldn't make sense to me if they did
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 03:40   Link #126
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I'd expect a slight redesign keeping in mind the original series started in 02. Nothing major but slight tweaks to modernize them. (see Belldandy throughout the series/OVA's of Ah My Goddess for what I mean very slight tweaks)
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 04:13   Link #127
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

look unless if they plan to show the flay human bomb on kira then there would be no gsd.

but it never happen then came gsd then maybe after gs the movie it could 3rd gs season with new director, writers, etc for gs 3?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2007-06-10, 04:48   Link #128
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

What the heck are you talking about?
1. Fix your engrish before you even step a foot here.
2. Please elaborate what you are trying to say. You don't make any sense at all.
3. Can you please not rant when there is an ongoing topic to be discussed. THIS IS NOT HEROTV NOR THE ABS-CBN FORUMS.

4. WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR QUALMS, Its not like Mitsuo Fukuda is some kind of Omnipresent being who can hear you. Your muttering is only worth an opinion, an inappropriate one.

5.Quit flooding the Forum! Your senseless messages don't mean anything here. They're just pointless banter discussed years ago. Now if you want to rant about how seed is better/superior... then go out. You're polluting this thread, so either create another thread or get out, it's that simple...

It's not like you control what happens.

Like what we said, there was nothing wrong about SEED (the series itself). Destiny itself made it hard for other fans to swallow CE. Plus, you're already making CE's fandom look like r*tards.

And finally, get back on topic.
Old 2007-06-10, 04:54   Link #129
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hey despite i maybe the gs fans that got feelings for gs also have obsession of lacus & cagalli & that i'm a gs.

i'm trying to make sure gs will not be like those short lived other time era gundam with one season.

& gs got 2 season now it need a 3rd season to finally show there is a gundam series besides uc to have trilogy that is gs.
Old 2007-06-10, 04:56   Link #130
orni-ed

Quote:
look unless if they plan to show the flay human bomb on kira then there would be no gsd.
Possible, some SUNRISE plot machine can hook this one out...

Quote:
but it never happen then came gsd then maybe after gs the movie it could 3rd gs season with new director, writers, etc for gs 3?!
you'd not care about the staff, as long as it's still GS3... oh *facepalm*

Quote:
i'm trying to make sure gs will not be like those short lived other time era gundam with one season.
that, my boy, is not up to you... Destiny has already been aired, now, it's the audiences' meticulous senses that the series has to worry about...

DESTINY had a lot of flaws, especially with the last 10 episodes... but their biggest mistake, for me, wasn't found there... it's when Kira suddenly NERFED Shinn and his character development... It's suposed to be Shinn's, right?

For me, a redesign would be nice...
Old 2007-06-10, 05:01   Link #131
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

That´s interesting. For me it´s important, that if we ever get a 3rd season of SEED, that Fukuda and Morosawa is working on it. If they´re not in it, with all their flaws, it would just be CE and not SEED.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 05:05   Link #132
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

look there should be a seed 3 with originals gs series characters & the main 4 K.L.A.C.

besides if they have new storyline with new director & etc it must still be gs & have the original 4 gs that is K.L.A.C.
Old 2007-06-10, 05:20   Link #133
orni-ed

Quote:
look there should be a seed 3 with originals gs series characters & the main 4 K.L.A.C.

besides if they have new storyline with new director & etc it must still be gs & have the original 4 gs that is K.L.A.C.
... only to push the new characters aside, to pave way for the "GOD 4"... give me a break...
Old 2007-06-10, 05:23   Link #134
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orni-ed View Post
DESTINY had a lot of flaws, especially with the last 10 episodes... but their biggest mistake, for me, wasn't found there... it's when Kira suddenly NERFED Shinn and his character development... It's suposed to be Shinn's, right?

For me, a redesign would be nice...
Since when did Kira Yamato gained the power to influence the production of anime he's in? He isn't that godly.

Seriously, I don't understand why hate for an anime character could be justified when the said character had no influence in how Shinn came to be. Kira Yamato is not an actor, he can't bribe the director or bully Shinn in the locker room after recording. Giving Kira malicious intent when your misgivings were supposed to be aimed at producers, directors and scriptwriter, is just weird.

Look at it this way, it would be similar to not liking the 3rd Episode of Starwars but blaming Darth Vader for it...
"That evil Darth Vader! It is all his fault the script failed! He warped Lucus's mind!"

EDIT: To clarify, you can justifiably dislike a character for what he or she stands for, what they did in the story, and objecting to their beliefs. But no way could you claim Kira is "responsible" for Shinn's sucky treatment. In no way did Kira's existence in the story forced Shinn to lose everything; Shinn was written out, and Kira had to be reintroduced because someone had to be the main character. If you don't like Kira, that's your choice. But do hate him for things that make sense.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-06-10 at 05:46.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 06:11   Link #135
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCV
In no way did Kira's existence in the story forced Shinn to lose everything...
If his existence was that of a gnat, I might agree...

LOL Ha! I won't say anything further^^...You know, as to curve the momentum of this ...
Old 2007-06-10, 06:16   Link #136
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
"Short lived"?

This is getting released soon. There's at least one new original Gundam model every year. It's still ranked as one of the top five most popular anime shows in Japan, ever, in many polls.

What you don't seem to understand is that MSG, Z and ZZ are "seasons" 1, 2 and 3 of UC Gundam according to your model where GS is "season" 1 and GSD is "season" 2, so... I guess GS is the one that's "short lived", huh?

Quote:
Hopefully with them dying in the first episode so that the Cosmic Era can be resetted.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 06:45   Link #137
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
If his existence was that of a gnat, I might agree...

LOL Ha! I won't say anything further^^...You know, as to curve the momentum of this ...
The way I see it, if Kira wasn't around Yzak could have taken over instead. Kira wasn't essential for the change; a pre-established Coordinator pilot with known background and motivations is all that's needed as a replacement. Yzak even has his own fleet so Lacus participation isn't required, and the rivary with Athrun can remain.

Kira is an invincible pilot in GSD. But that means nothing, as he can't influence Fukuda. You can hate Kira if you want him to be less godly, but pushing Shinn aside is not his doing. The only way that could have occured is if he showed up onboard Minerva and took over Shinn's job directly, and if that had happened you can freely blame Kira for it.
Old 2007-06-10, 08:19   Link #138
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

err I thought Flay was dead? How is she becoming a suicide bomber?
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 08:23   Link #139
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
That was from an old abandoned script idea of Gundam Seed. Since Seed turned out alright, I wouldn't complain about it myself compared to Destiny.
Old 2007-06-10, 12:56   Link #140
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
I believe Flay would take her life at the end of the show, taking Sai with her, and seriously injuring Athrun(?). But that scenario were, thankfully, scrapped.

Another thing with Flay that Fukuda were thinking about was to give her a scar, war wound, and make that one of the reasons Kira and Flay got paired together. Although, thankfully again , this time he chose sex instead.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep