AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-12, 09:37   Link #761
serpiente

[QUOTE=Chaos2Frozen;3803942]Lol, Breast Connoisseur... The best thing about that entire scene was how ordinary it was for everybody- I'm especially impressed that the girls there didn't even really freak out until Kimi suggested test groping a pair, then everybody (including some of the guys) started covering up But why did the Aoi siblings decide on Neito to be P-01's chest double? Isn't she alot smaller than her ?

Spoiler for P-01s:Chihara Minori:

Would P-01 be also a non-bra case like Neito ? Do cybrogs need a bra, actually ?
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 09:40   Link #762
Jao
panchi~

Well, the second episode was certainly a big step up from the first episode.

Now we have characters other than the teacher I actually care about, and the beginnings of a plot.

Also I'll be keeping my eye on chobit-chan there, she's adorable.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:00   Link #763
Kunagisa

None of you guys fangasmed seeing Tokugawa Ieyasu in this episode ;__;?

Wiki

Quote:
Rise to power (1556–1584)
In 1556, Takechiyo came of age, and, following tradition, changed his name to Matsudaira Jirōsaburō Motonobu (松平 次郎三郎 元信).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:10   Link #764
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

Wiki
something confused me, does some historical name in this anime will really follow their real counterpart history or they're just using the names without historical reference to the original?
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:16   Link #765
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
something confused me, does some historical name in this anime will really follow their real counterpart history or they're just using the names without historical reference to the original?
In part, they do follow the actual history, but nowhere near 100% (otherwise you already know who will win which war and who dies when etc.).

You can gauge the character's significance though just from their name. I mean that's why Masazumi and her father aspire to get those names.

The principal is a pretty beast character too. Pope Innocent might be more familiar perhaps?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:17   Link #766
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I love everything about this show apart from the ..fleshy female designs and some of the hair styles.
This might well become my favorite show in the last decade if done right.

I don't even remember the last time I saw harmonic siblings like that.

Spoiler for huh:
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:45   Link #767
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
In part, they do follow the actual history, but nowhere near 100% (otherwise you already know who will win which war and who dies when etc.).

You can gauge the character's significance though just from their name. I mean that's why Masazumi and her father aspire to get those names.

The principal is a pretty beast character too. Pope Innocent might be more familiar perhaps?
oh yeah everything made sense now...
so that's why masazumi and his father try to get the position but cannot because masazumi is a girl...

about the principal, didn't know much about his real historical figure (just read it from the link you gave) but I already like him since saw him in the ep 1
also about the Pope, I dont recognized the name at first and just realized it after I read your post and saw his hat..
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 11:12   Link #768
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
I don't even remember the last time I saw harmonic siblings like that.

Spoiler for huh:
Harmonic siblings, well I guess that's one to describe it.

I forgot to ask, anyone know what those things on everyone's shoulder are for?
Old 2011-10-12, 13:08   Link #769
serpiente

Quote:

So as for the historical chart, we get something like this?
Spoiler for chart:

(Honda Tadakatsu was considered "samurai amog samurai", best samurai" etc.)
Also found Tachibana Muneshige and Gin to be hsitorical figures as well, but lets keep that for later
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 13:47   Link #770
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Harmonic siblings, well I guess that's one to describe it.

I forgot to ask, anyone know what those things on everyone's shoulder are for?
I know that they are known as "Hard points". Besides that I don't know anything lol. If I get info about this later I'll post here.

And for the people who want to know who is who in Horizon/true history:
Spoiler for Characters and their original counterparts First Season:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 14:18   Link #771
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Wiki
He just kind of reminded me of a game show host or something really if you're talking about the guy planning fireworks. I assumed that was supposed to be him being the lord of Mikawa and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
do read it here (credit to Suzuku for the link) or I'll copy-paster narrator's summary on ep 1 from horizon.wikia (credit to Marcus H.) for you :

n a distant future, the world began to rewrite its history.
Humans once rose to the heavens like gods.
But they could not bring themselves to stop warring, and lost the power they had.
Thus, they were forced to return to the earth.
But the planet's environment had grown hostile. The Divine States were the only hospitable places left.
In order to regain their former prosperity, they wrote a history book called the Testament.
They separated the Divine States in the real world from its copy, the Harmonic Divine States.
They then proceeded to relive human history.
But the Divine States made a mistake while repeating history in the Middle Ages.
This resulted in the fall of the Harmonic Divine States, inviting other countries to divide and conquer the Far East Divine States.
The kings joined forces with the feudal warlords of the lands.
Currently, the Far East's warriors dispatched around the world are reliving the Warring States Period and the Thirty Years' War Era as they battle for world domination.
So that explains the blonde looking king that seems to have authority over Musashi and Aoi. However I'm still not quite clear on what they mean by the Harmonic Divine States being a copy not in the real world. Is that where all the weird demi-humans came from? Some alternate universe?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-10-12 at 15:12.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 15:21   Link #772
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So that explains the blonde looking king that seems to have authority over Musashi and Aoi. However I'm still not quite clear on what they mean by the Harmonic Divine States being a copy not in the real world. Is that where all the weird demi-humans came from? Some alternate universe?
The Harmonic Divine States are those giant masses of land we see falling from the sky in the first episode. If you looked closely, you could see that the upper masses of land line up exactly with the land masses they fell on below. Basically, the Harmonic Divine States were the original setting the humans prepared for their re-enactment of history. The Divine States meanwhile were what was left of the inhabitable land after the humans returned from Heaven. The Harmonic Divine States were a copy of the Divine States, but they don't exist anymore. It's because the Harmonic Divine States fell back down onto the Divine States that the humans are now using the original Divine States for their re-enactment of history.

On the episode itself, episode 2 was slow. Masazumi is the only character who has received any remotely human characterization/development? But we're still hanging around on the same day as the previous episode with the main char fooling around after he made the announcement of his confession. Felt like nothing happened. Although these are supposed to be setup episodes, I hope ep. 3 is more exciting.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 16:29   Link #773
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
They also seem to have some sort of rivalry going on.
You mean between Kimi and Neito? Yeah I guess, then I suppose Toori is just an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
Would P-01 be also a non-bra case like Neito ? Do cybrogs need a bra, actually ?
Probably not.

Quote:

Wiki
I am very, VERY, unfamiliar with Feudal Japan's history.

The last Anime that I watched with any reference to those names and had me paying attention was Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls (Which is really good btw for an ecchi Anime)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 16:30   Link #774
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The Harmonic Divine States are those giant masses of land we see falling from the sky in the first episode. If you looked closely, you could see that the upper masses of land line up exactly with the land masses they fell on below. Basically, the Harmonic Divine States were the original setting the humans prepared for their re-enactment of history. The Divine States meanwhile were what was left of the inhabitable land after the humans returned from Heaven. The Harmonic Divine States were a copy of the Divine States, but they don't exist anymore. It's because the Harmonic Divine States fell back down onto the Divine States that the humans are now using the original Divine States for their re-enactment of history.

On the episode itself, episode 2 was slow. Masazumi is the only character who has received any remotely human characterization/development? But we're still hanging around on the same day as the previous episode with the main char fooling around after he made the announcement of his confession. Felt like nothing happened. Although these are supposed to be setup episodes, I hope ep. 3 is more exciting.
K got it. That all makes perfect sense actually. I think I completely understand the back story, though I do tend to agree that it could have been clarified just a little better it was there in the episode for us to see.

Now watch they go explain all of this in full detail next episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 16:46   Link #775
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
K got it. That all makes perfect sense actually. I think I completely understand the back story, though I do tend to agree that it could have been clarified just a little better it was there in the episode for us to see.
I've seen a lot of people say this but it was explained exactly as it has been in this thread in the episode, sans directly referencing "the falling land masses from ep 1". Maybe the voice acting just distracts people's reading comprehension.
Old 2011-10-12, 19:03   Link #776
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Further comment on ep. 2 coming later, just wanted to put the best quote from ep. 2 here:

"She's wearing no bra!"
Old 2011-10-12, 19:03   Link #777
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for welp:

Well, consider my mind blown.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 19:41   Link #778
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That was brilliant.

Plus I'm starting to notice the author's MO: "I know your brain's tired. Here, have some boobs."
Old 2011-10-12, 19:51   Link #779
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That was brilliant.

Plus I'm starting to notice the author's MO: "I know your brain's tired. Here, have some boobs."
It's not working!!!
Old 2011-10-12, 20:21   Link #780
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Obviously no one ran a randomized control trial about it.

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise