AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 19.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 19:47   Link #61
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Saw the bathing scene...there are SO many inappropriate jokes I can play on this.
Actually, the conversation in the bath scene are pretty deep:

1. The girls talk about how sticky their hairs get due to the salt in the ocean in which Miyuki begins to explain that the salt in the air and the UV rays can cause damage to the hair
2. Konata does an impersonation of Timotei* but the girls don't get it because they are too young
3. Yui and Nanako tries to start a conversation but it doesn't go well
4. Konata showing the Timotei impersonation once again to Yui who understands the joke, and Nanako quirping how old Konata is
5. Tsukasa and Kagami talking about getting rid of excessive...hair (implied: pubic hair)
6. Tsukasa and Kagami talking about their...cycles (implied: menstrual cycle)
7. Tsukasa and Kagami talking about...protection (implied: tampon)
8. Konata jumping in on the conversation in which Kagami assumes that perhaps Konata hasn't even started menarche yet...

*A Japanese commercial from the 80s where a hot blond chick washes her long hair in that fashion; unfortunately the youtube link provided previously isn't that commercial
Old 2007-05-13, 19:55   Link #62
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
*A Japanese commercial from the 80s where a hot blond chick washes her long hair in that fashion; unfortunately the youtube link provided previously isn't that commercial
Why do I have a feeling I've seen this commercial?
Old 2007-05-13, 19:56   Link #63
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Wow, now it's Initial D's turn. Just seeing the CG cars drifting in the screencaps in Omni's site is enough to make me giggle.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...lucky-star-06/

I'll be looking forward to the typical Eurobeat BGM that you normally hear in Initial D in that scene.

No comment on someone trying to be the centre of attention in the first few posts. I didn't put him on my "Ignore List" for nothing, you know.
NIGHT OF FIRE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have no one on my ignore list ... it breaks continuity

Just saw the RandomC readout on ep 6 .... wow, looks like its going to be a winner from multiple levels (a lot of stuff from the comic... some riffs for "cultural reference" fans... extra "whoa" in the art/animation... a bit less L*C).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Well said Risaa!

I also dont have anybody on my ignore list.

And it's good to hear that there's gonna be a little more Miyuki this time around.
I also don't have anybody on my Ignore list; but then again, I tend not to use that option when it's easier for me to go AKIRA-SAMA on someone.

.....wait. I now have something other than "HARUHI-MODE" to describe the Hyde side of myself!
Old 2007-05-13, 20:17   Link #64
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Other otaku-ish references that I noted:

1. Initial D (obviously www)
2. Shooting a watermelon (Fullmeta Fumoffu)
3. Konata's reference to Mister Ajikko when saying "it's not that good as if to run in the beach wearing nothing but a fundoshi"
4. an event flag, reached a pivotal save point to obtain 100% CG (any generic galge or eroge) www
5. Singing "Danzen Futari wa Precure" at the horror story wwww

Japanese centric references:
1. Tsukasa's oyaji-gag "Yokkoi Shouichi" wwwww
2. Konata's Timotei impersonation
3. Konata's "U-n Mandom" refers to a Japanese commercial from 1970 in which a cosmetic company called Mandom hired an American actor Charles Bronson for that one single line and became an instantaneous hit
4. Sukekiyo, Inugami = Inugamike no Ichizoku, a mystery literary novel by Yokomizo Seishi which was made into several movies and TV dramas
5. Tsukasa hold the shell in her ear and her remarks "Tsukasa desu" = Hiroshi desu wwww
6. TV: "Jissai kiite mita" = Sounds a lot like the TV show Hey! Spring of Trivia
7. Shiraishi Minoru at the end of LC: "Sono toki tokuhai-in ga mita monowa!!" (from the mid to late 1990s show Toukou! Tokuhou Oukoku)
Old 2007-05-13, 20:41   Link #65
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:

1. The girls talk about how sticky their hairs get due to the salt in the ocean in which Miyuki begins to explain that the salt in the air and the UV rays can cause damage to the hair
2. Konata does an impersonation of Timotei* but the girls don't get it because they are too young
4. Konata showing the Timotei impersonation once again to Yui who understands the joke, and Nanako quirping how old Konata is
5. Tsukasa and Kagami talking about getting rid of excessive...hair (implied: pubic hair)
8. Konata jumping in on the conversation in which Kagami assumes that perhaps Konata hasn't even started menarche yet...

I got the sticky hair bit and I knew Kona had to be referencing something with her hair (I thought that part was cute for Kona). And now I see why I didn't understand a word Kagamiya and Tsukasa were saying to each other. My Japanese book doesn't teach stuff like this (although it does teach readers what to say in cases of ecchi old men appearing )

I'm interested in seeing that commercial, too.
Old 2007-05-13, 20:44   Link #66
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god...this is just too good.

Last edited by Claies; 2007-05-13 at 21:00. Reason: Maybe I don't need a spoiler tag.
Old 2007-05-13, 20:45   Link #67
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell View Post
Did anyone happen to see Konata's face after she placed the soap on the floor???
Yep! She looked like this:

Old 2007-05-13, 20:48   Link #68
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Yep! She looked like this:

Adorable, yet devious. <3 Kona makes some really great faces this episode.
Old 2007-05-13, 21:11   Link #69
aorta

Quote:
Japanese centric references:
2. Konata's Timotei impersonation
Timotei was also sold in the UK. Here's two ads I found:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uL0Dlj6FNRc (at 2:38)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zB8eZFd3HEM (at 2:57)
Old 2007-05-13, 21:24   Link #70
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Shoot, got beaten.
Is this it?

I'm still trying to figure out what the song in the Initial D parody is... Is it even an actual song?

Last edited by Konata-chan; 2007-05-13 at 21:51.
Old 2007-05-13, 21:30   Link #71
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Watched episode 6...

Now I wanna see the LC haters here... They're in for a hell of a surprise
I knew Akira was not going to disappoint on the long run.
Old 2007-05-13, 22:14   Link #72
krln99

OK, good, besides Miyuki's hair explanation, my Japanese was decent enough to understand they were talking about body hair and periods. (Oh boy!)

And if I was understanding correctly, did Miyuki need a dental check up in the last scene?
Old 2007-05-13, 22:29   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh.. daily small talk into the "mysterious world".

There's a running gag in all the episodes that in involve "last half" or "missing noun" conversations, always with Tsukasa and Kagami where the implications are quite disturbing (froggies, it stinks, and depleted uranium).

Love that stuff...
Old 2007-05-13, 22:39   Link #74
krln99

I wonder where the hell the writer is getting the really old school stuff like "Timotei" and the first 2 ED songs from the 70s.
Old 2007-05-13, 22:56   Link #75
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I wonder where the hell the writer is getting the really old school stuff like "Timotei" and the first 2 ED songs from the 70s.
Looks like you haven't watched Pani Poni Dash!. Lucky Star is amateur stuff compared to PPD.

(not that I'm implying LS is failing on something. I still love the show much more than PPD).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:26   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god...this is just too good.
Yeah I don't know what's going on there but I kind of wish I was Kagami.

There should be the option for 11/10 FANSERVICE! for this episode that the final Shuffle Memories one had, because it looks like it earned it.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:29   Link #77
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:

I remember back in the 6th grade when we had those talks in elementary school where they took the boys out of our classroom and all the other girls in the other 6th grade classes came in our room and talked about those issues Tsukasa and Kagami talked about.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:33   Link #78
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yeah I don't know what's going on there but I kind of wish I was Kagami.

There should be the option for 11/10 FANSERVICE! for this episode that the final Shuffle Memories one had, because it looks like it earned it.
There isn't a girl on Lucky Star that I can relate to unless there is a girl who is bigger and loves lolita fashion and clothes from Torrid. I can totally relate to Momoko of Kamikaze Girls and Ai from Princess Ai.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:39   Link #79
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
From what I can tell you are infinitely more likely to see a girl topless in a Kyoto Animation series than you are to get a panty shot.
*Looks At New Avatar* *Looks At Self* *Taps Own Head*

Okay sometimes I even scare myself with how accurate my theories can turn out to be.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-14 at 00:14.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:48   Link #80
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
*Looks At New Avy* *Looks At Self* *Taps Own Head*

Okay sometimes I even scare myself with how accurate my theories can turn out to be.
Fixed!

When I hear "topless," I'm expecting full frontal nudity, not like the Monty Python sketch with tricky camera angles, hair and water (amongst other things).

Closed Thread