AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-30, 13:01   Link #1881
VHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
If it were me, I would refuse Kanzaki. Eba and Haruto never officially broke up. They just lost connection for a few weeks. If the boyfriend not clearly knowing what happened just runs off to another girl because he can't stand the little loneliness, that's a big down for me.

Haruto SHOULD make it clear with Eba first before starting to date Kanzaki. But who knows what Seo will give us?
I agree Haruto shouldn't go out with Kanzaki before everything is cleared up and either he or Eba formally puts an end to their relationship.
But there'd be no fun/drama if he rejects Kanzaki's confession straight off . Haruto's answer'd better be promising enough to keep Kanzaki waiting and, at the same time, vague enough to not lead to an explicit termination of his relationship w/ Eba.
VHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 13:21   Link #1882
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I want Haruto to make a surprise visit to Eba and get the truth out of her.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 13:53   Link #1883
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHC View Post
I agree Haruto shouldn't go out with Kanzaki before everything is cleared up and either he or Eba formally puts an end to their relationship.
But there'd be no fun/drama if he rejects Kanzaki's confession straight off . Haruto's answer'd better be promising enough to keep Kanzaki waiting and, at the same time, vague enough to not lead to an explicit termination of his relationship w/ Eba.
I was hoping he would turn her down right then and there - what's there to think about? I just hope he isn't like Yamato and sticks to his guns here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I want Haruto to make a surprise visit to Eba and get the truth out of her.
Why? So he could get the door shut in his face or even worse, see her with another guy?
Old 2009-12-30, 14:19   Link #1884
Dark Mage

Well, I loved this chapter. Nanami was way too cute in this chapter. And, even though, I know, I will be on the losing side, I am now officially a Nanami fan, but it doesnt mean I have jumped ship, I cant decide yet, so I am officially now a fan of both Nanami and Eba. What I liked about the chapter is how clear Nanami is of her own feelings and how she explained her actions and what made her act that way. She was too stunning in this chapter. I especially loved how she responded to Akari's question of Haruto having lingering feelings for Eba, that was too sweet a line, and Akari was right to say "WoW"

Haruto is free to do whatver he wants or go out with whoever because to people who say, that he hasnt officially broken up with Eba, exactly whose fault is that? Dont dump the blame on Haruto, he has tried his best to contact Eba, even went to Tokyo to meet with her but she refused to meet him and hasnt contacted him at all for a month, but has no problems going to school, going out with friends and get close to another guy(whether or not if he is her BF is another matter). So they have broken up, but I know that Haruto will still turn down Nanami
Old 2009-12-30, 14:24   Link #1885
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I was hoping he would turn her down right then and there - what's there to think about? I just hope he isn't like Yamato and sticks to his guns here.

Why? So he could get the door shut in his face or even worse, see her with another guy?
Isn't that the drama everyone's been wanting to see? He needs closure, like any normal person would. And theres no better closure than hearing it from the horses mouth himself.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:45   Link #1886
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Well, I loved this chapter. Nanami was way too cute in this chapter. And, even though, I know, I will be on the losing side, I am now officially a Nanami fan, but it doesnt mean I have jumped ship, I cant decide yet, so I am officially now a fan of both Nanami and Eba. What I liked about the chapter is how clear Nanami is of her own feelings and how she explained her actions and what made her act that way. She was too stunning in this chapter. I especially loved how she responded to Akari's question of Haruto having lingering feelings for Eba, that was too sweet a line, and Akari was right to say "WoW"

Haruto is free to do whatver he wants or go out with whoever because to people who say, that he hasnt officially broken up with Eba, exactly whose fault is that? Dont dump the blame on Haruto, he has tried his best to contact Eba, even went to Tokyo to meet with her but she refused to meet him and hasnt contacted him at all for a month, but has no problems going to school, going out with friends and get close to another guy(whether or not if he is her BF is another matter). So they have broken up, but I know that Haruto will still turn down Nanami
Yeah, they aren't together anymore, its been weeks - its like common law. lol.

I so very hope he says no or she takes back what she said (the going out with part) before he answers. I will do a face palm if he says yes and they go out.

Quote:
Isn't that the drama everyone's been wanting to see? He needs closure, like any normal person would. And theres no better closure than hearing it from the horses mouth himself.
Yeah but that won't come if he goes there. He won't get anything more than he has now. The next time he sees Yuzuki is when she returns to his town (which will of course be when things between Haruto & Nanami are perfect, heh).
Old 2009-12-30, 15:42   Link #1887
CygnusX

It took a long time but finally I'm starting to have the same feeling like I did in the time of Suzuka. I guess the new story with the same faces was hard to get used to, but enough events (drama ) have happened now to feel involved again and I'm looking forward to each chapter again.

In Suzuka I rooted for Honoka, the quiet beautiful character. In this manga, Nanami didn't get much in the spotlight yet and while Eba was always cheerful, beautiful and cute, Nanami was porttrayed as a quiet boring character. So before recent chapters, it was hard not to like Yuzuki. I'm only a bit sad the happy times together lasted such a short time.

Recent chapters made Nanami score a lot of points though her attitude change was a bit odd to me as well ... like some other people here mentioned...
Although I don't really like how she started her confession with "yuzuki got a new boyfriend", Nanami has been very cute in recent chapters.
The mangaka is using a good strategy to split the readers into 2 sides again ... first emphasizing the good sides of 1 girl and putting girl 2 in the background, then putting girl 2 in front and girl 1 in the back with a negative rumour ... imho this could have been done in a nicer way ...

To me, Nanami 's not yet at the same level as Yuzuki. I don't believe she got a new boyfriend, it's probably some sort of plan to make Haruto believe it so he doesn't het involved with her real problem .... so imho he should not give up Yuzuki yet and at least try to talk to her and if he can't contact her by phone, again see her face to face.
To me it's unthinkable that Haruto says yes to Nanami in next chapter.
Though if Yuzuki really is such a bitch that she has dumped Haruto this way and got a new boyfriend this fast, then I'd definityle root for Nanami, certainly after the last chapter. At the line "I'm uncontrollably in love with him" I also was like "WOW cute!" ...

I don't like stories in which bad things happen because misunderstandings or the stupidity of one of the partners or when couples just don't talk to each other after seeing something or hearing a rumor (like this time the situation in tokyo ... Haruto holding hands with Nanami, Eba seeing, running away, don't talk, a whole unique day wasted ... sigh ...) when they can just solve everything by talking 30 seconds...
I hope the author doesn't use scenes like this too much, because the use of such forced events shows little inspiration and brings frustration to the reader (me)...

So i hope things will be original in next chapter...
I like most of the story now and looking forward to what will happen.
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 16:48   Link #1888
justavisitor

oh well, my head hurts, it's too hard to predict anything...but Nanami has been acting quite "cute" in recent chapters....

Who knows, maybe Rin likes Haruto also...notice that when she was talking to Nanami over the phone, Rin was grabbing a toy bear tightly in front of her?? I believe Haruto won that toy bear and gave it to her in a stuff-animal picking machine in earlier chapters XD

Edit:
Yes, Haruto won that toy bear in chapter 42 XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 16:53   Link #1889
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah but that won't come if he goes there. He won't get anything more than he has now. The next time he sees Yuzuki is when she returns to his town (which will of course be when things between Haruto & Nanami are perfect, heh).
I agree with DrgZero, Haruto already did his part to keep the relationship stable. Now it's Eba's turn, if she's even interested that is.
Old 2009-12-30, 18:33   Link #1890
lightbringer
M9000

So, I totally missed the fact that Haruto really went to see Eba in Tokyo but was refused, heh (thanks Waven). That kind of really changes everything - right now I couldn't blame Haruto even if he gets together with Nanami. Eba better have a damn good reason for the act she put on, the ball's in her court now.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 18:37   Link #1891
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
oh well, my head hurts, it's too hard to predict anything...but Nanami has been acting quite "cute" in recent chapters....

Who knows, maybe Rin likes Haruto also...notice that when she was talking to Nanami over the phone, Rin was grabbing a toy bear tightly in front of her?? I believe Haruto won that toy bear and gave it to her in a stuff-animal picking machine in earlier chapters XD

Edit:
Yes, Haruto won that toy bear in chapter 42 XD
Add another girl to his transparent harem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
So, I totally missed the fact that Haruto really went to see Eba in Tokyo but was refused, heh (thanks Waven). That kind of really changes everything - right now I couldn't blame Haruto even if he gets together with Nanami. Eba better have a damn good reason for the act she put on, the ball's in her court now.
I missed it the first time myself. It was really inconspicuous.
Old 2009-12-30, 20:19   Link #1892
mammothb

eh, the vertical sentence on the first page bugs me. kanzaki's daring moves during yuzuki's "absence". the absence here mean that although she is not there physically, she is always in haruto's heart? or does it imply that eba will appear soon and there will drama?

well personally, i hope it former. cuz i wan to see a few chaps of nanami x haruto first before eba appears.
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 21:32   Link #1893
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX View Post
Recent chapters made Nanami score a lot of points though her attitude change was a bit odd to me as well ... like some other people here mentioned...
Although I don't really like how she started her confession with "yuzuki got a new boyfriend", Nanami has been very cute in recent chapters.
Also, people keep saying Nanami did a 180 personality change, after the Tokyo trip, but I dont really think so, she has always been like this around Haruto, nervous, shy, wanting to have fun with him,concerned about him and never confident around him, the only time she even continued to be the same nervous wreck around Haruto even after she rejected him at the festival due to Eba's antics, the only time Nanami acted unlike herself and out of character was, when she slapped Haruto because she started acting aloof and cold after that, however, like I said before in my posts, it was an emotional self-defense mechanism to keep her emotions from him. otherwise Nanami has always been Nanami, I mean check these out ---

http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/5/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/6/12/
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/15/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/24/09/
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/32/09/
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/32/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/33/12/

So you see, Nanami really hasnt changed all that much radically, she was always like this and always tried too hard around Haruto and she could blush and be cute before as well, and persued and asked out Haruto in her own clumsy way. Nanami was never an "Ice-Queen" as people term her, she acted like a cold-person after Haruto acted so insensitively and disregarded her feelings like that causing him to get slapped and only after this, she became an Ice-Queen for a few days in order to protect herself and to make Haruto realise his mistake but that wasnt and isnt her natural personality/character.

Nanami's only problems, insecurities and possesiveness came into play whenever Eba came into the scene or was seen by Nanami around Haruto or when Haruto used to constantly bring up Eba in their conversations that Nanami would act a little cold but that's natural when you are in love and the boy you are in love with seems to like being around and talking about, another girl in your presence. So Nanami didnt suddenly do a 180 personality change when she is just acting the way she always has but the only difference is, now that Eba seems out of the way for good, all of Nanami's insecurities have disappeared along with her possesivenes and she can finally show her trueself and act according to her feelings.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:31   Link #1894
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHC View Post
The drama is that Kanzaki in the moment of rejection will blurt out the "secret" of Eba's "boyfriend." What Haruto will do after that is probably rushing to Tokyo.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 23:37   Link #1895
cyberdemon

Quote:
The drama is that Kanzaki in the moment of rejection will blurt out the "secret" of Eba's "boyfriend." What Haruto will do after that is probably rushing to Tokyo.
she already revealed that Eba had a boyfriend though
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/73/14/

here's another theory though. What if Eba was talking about Haruto to try and cheer herself up and Rin mistook it for another guy after Eba ignored Haruto for so long.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 23:39   Link #1896
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Haruto already knows this. She (Nanami) told him herself. Check ch.73 pg.14.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:39   Link #1897
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
she already revealed that Eba had a boyfriend though
http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/73/14/
Yup, no idea why I "forgot" about it. Haruto seemed to not really believe in the news Though I still feel his's reaction was kinda meh there.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 23:42   Link #1898
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

its pretty amazing how a "I think she has a new boyfriend" turned into a "She has a new boyfriend"
Old 2009-12-30, 23:48   Link #1899
cyberdemon

Quote:
its pretty amazing how a "I think she has a new boyfriend" turned into a "She has a new boyfriend"
now that i look at it, Rin did say that it "Looks like" Eba had a new boyfriend. Eba could've just been talking about a new friend she made and Rin blew it out of proportion for kicks
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 02:00   Link #1900
velvet nightmare

Quote:
the thing is, she specifically suggested that yuzuki dumped haruto, so she absolutely wants to get across that it's a new boyfriend, and not a gradual power of suggestion from 'think' to 'has'
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life