Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-14, 01:14   Link #1121
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Can't be a spoiler if the episode is already out

Anyway it's poison pie, the emphasis on the pie after the cutting, and him constantly saying that the pie is "dry". Now the question is, who poisoned the pie? Our former knight turned jester is obviously involved somehow, but who's the ringleader? I'm willing to bet it's our new queen~
It's actually the wine that was poisoned, not the pie.

There is one part in the episode, where if you look closely enough, points out who the actual killer is.

I'll throw one little tidbit in regarding one other part of your theory, but it's still a spoiler, nonetheless, so read at your own discretion:
Spoiler for Pretty big spoiler:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 04:15   Link #1122
EroKing

It was also great to see that crazy Ramsay Snow again
Old 2014-04-14, 04:44   Link #1123
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post

There is one part in the episode, where if you look closely enough, points out who the actual killer is.

I'll throw one little tidbit in regarding one other part of your theory, but it's still a spoiler, nonetheless, so read at your own discretion:
Well...

Spoiler for :

for those who are curious watch the last two episodes again, carefully. By carefully I mean look at more than just what they say, look at what the characters DO. All the clues are there, like in any good mystery
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 07:08   Link #1124
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Can't be a spoiler if the episode is already out

Anyway it's poison pie, the emphasis on the pie after the cutting, and him constantly saying that the pie is "dry". Now the question is, who poisoned the pie? Our former knight turned jester is obviously involved somehow, but who's the ringleader? I'm willing to bet it's our new queen~
Actually I think the Fool just knew she would be accused since she helped tyrion with the cup.

Honestly, Bitch needs to get off Tyrion's ass. they JUST got done firing shots back and fourth at the new gay dude. Surrounded by people that would love to see you suffer... but no be crazy and accuse the least person to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post

Then Tyrion is dead, he did have some pored on his head and he even tasted it and so did others. It was the big suspicious pie the "queen" was excited about.
Old 2014-04-14, 11:06   Link #1125
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Actually I think the Fool just knew she would be accused since she helped tyrion with the cup.

Honestly, Bitch needs to get off Tyrion's ass. they JUST got done firing shots back and fourth at the new gay dude. Surrounded by people that would love to see you suffer... but no be crazy and accuse the least person to do it.
It wasn't that she accused him without thought, so much as Joffery was pointing to Tyrion specifically (you could argue that he was pointing to the wine glass, but Joffery was never that intelligent or perceptive). The entire interplay between the characters in the last 5 minutes was quite wonderful, because in that moment of extreme humiliation on Tyrion's part (just one of many), who wouldn't believe he could kill Joffery? If nothing else, I certainly believe Joffery believes Tyrion killed him, which is in itself a fitting end for the monstrous youth.

This is the game of thrones, so the mystery isn't so much who killed Joffery as to why he was killed. If you can determine the person or persons who had the most to gain from Joffery's death, then you would find the killer. Sadly, that doesn't really limit the list too much, considering even Tywin would be happy if Joffery was dead. About the only people you could say for sure didn't kill Joffery are Jaime and Cersei, and that's mostly because they were the only two upset with his death.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 12:42   Link #1126
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
so the mystery isn't so much who killed Joffery as to why he was killed.
It's uh... not really a mystery why anyone would want to kill him. He was a monster. It isn't even necessarily about who has the most to gain. It could easily be who has the least to lose, or who got pushed too far, or who was willing to be a martyr/hero.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 13:02   Link #1127
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Jack Gleeson did an amazing job. It's to bad that he retired from acting. Hopefully he will return to acting, once he is done with his academic career.
Old 2014-04-14, 13:09   Link #1128
Owlman

Quote:
Sadly, that doesn't really limit the list too much, considering even Tywin would be happy if Joffery was dead.
Why would Tywin be happy if Joffery was dead? He didn't look very happy in the episode.

Quote:
This is the game of thrones, so the mystery isn't so much who killed Joffery as to why he was killed.
I don't think anyone in the show who wasn't present would gasp and say "But why?", when they hear about him being killed. The real mystery is who did it because I'm sure there are several people who have resentment towards him.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 13:42   Link #1129
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I'm seeing a lot of people on the internet happy that Joffery is dead but also disappointed that he didn't go out in a more gruesome horrible way. I remember thinking so to when I read it, but then when I read Martin's answer to a fan saying that he wanted Joff to die in an undignified and rather small way. Joffery always wanted to live on in history as a great king and warrior but in the end he was insignificant and in general rather forgettable in the annals of westeros history.

Perfect.
Old 2014-04-14, 13:48   Link #1130
Owlman

Here is my suspect list, in order of most likely to commit the deed:

1. Sansa - Shes arguably the one most wronged by Joffery, and at this point the poor girl seems to feel as she has nothing to lose. She's so full of grief, she can't eat or sleep. The little "performance" Joffery put on mocking her brother might have finally pushed her over the edge.

2. Prince Obryn - The man actually admitted to Tyrion he didn't really come for the wedding, and hinted heavily that he came to avenge his family (e.g. "Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts."). He also still has Cersei's daughter in Dorn, in case he's in danger.

3. Tommen - I don't know much about this character, but if you look closely at how he glared at Joffrey while he was dying (as well as while he was humiliating his uncle and other performers/guests/etc. as opposed to Cersei and Tywins sneering and snickering) I feel it speaks volumes. With Joffery dead doesn't that make him next heir?

4. Margery(and her grandmother) - What she has to gain is obvious; she made it quite clear all she wants is to be "the" queen. When Margary and her grandmother sat down with Sansa and asked about Joffery, Sansa blatantly told them he's a monster. Whats intersting is that neither her or her grandmother flinched or gave any real reaction. They must have had a plan from the beginning to deal with Joffery; but I really doubt its her since its so incredibly soon, and not so subtle. Margery and especially her grandmother seem smarter than that, not to mention she seems to be able to manipulate him well enough, so the timing seems a bit extreme.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 14:53   Link #1131
AntonKutovoi

Well, Joffery, that's all what I can say to you:
http://youtu.be/7QqG7lXRy7M
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 15:00   Link #1132
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
4. Margery(and her grandmother) - What she has to gain is obvious; she made it quite clear all she wants is to be "the" queen. When Margary and her grandmother sat down with Sansa and asked about Joffery, Sansa blatantly told them he's a monster. Whats intersting is that neither her or her grandmother flinched or gave any real reaction. They must have had a plan from the beginning to deal with Joffery; but I really doubt its her since its so incredibly soon, and not so subtle. Margery and especially her grandmother seem smarter than that, not to mention she seems to be able to manipulate him well enough, so the timing seems a bit extreme.
I think its either Margary or Sansa. I'm leaning towards Margaery because she seems like much more of a schemer. Lady Olenna and Margaery also exchange some suspicious glances during the wedding if you look closely(specifically, right after the marriage is official). During the reception, its Margaery who moves things foward, telling Joffery to make the announcement, make the toast, and then bring out the pie, almost as if she was in a rush. Also as you pointed out, Margaery and Olenna acted suspiciously calm when Sansa told them that Joffery was a monster.

Sansa could have been pushed over the edge, but I'm not convinced she has the nerve to do it, she seems too innocent... But then she did almost push Joffery over the bridge when he made her stare at Ned's head. It seems she wouldn've went through with it, if the Hound didn't stop her. ...And this brief shot just does it for me lol:

http://postimg.org/image/d2yefcjah/

Last edited by Artful Dodger; 2014-04-14 at 15:40.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 16:11   Link #1133
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Does Margaery really have a thing to gain from Joffrey's death?

I was under the impression that since they have no child, if he dies, the crown goes to his next brother in line, either Myrcella (of Dorne ) or the otehr two kids whose name nobody remembers.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 16:30   Link #1134
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Jack Gleeson did an amazing job. It's to bad that he retired from acting. Hopefully he will return to acting, once he is done with his academic career.
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't return to acting at some point.
I think that by 'retiring' he's being really smart, in that after bringing such a marvellously odious character as Joffrey to life, the last thing he wants to do is get typecast.

Taking time out to pursue an academic career, and as well as his charity work, is a good way to step away from the character and take time out.

Good luck to him, because he played his part brilliantly.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 17:09   Link #1135
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Does Margaery really have a thing to gain from Joffrey's death?

I was under the impression that since they have no child, if he dies, the crown goes to his next brother in line, either Myrcella (of Dorne ) or the otehr two kids whose name nobody remembers.
She becomes queen regent, meaning she has full authority of the king as there is no king. Effectively making her the sole ruler of Kings Landing.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 18:08   Link #1136
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If it's a question of motive, it's an embarrassment of riches for suspects - pretty much everybody in the cast has some plausible reason to want Joffrey dead.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 18:16   Link #1137
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If you ask me, someone was missing from this wedding.... Where was little finger? O_o
Old 2014-04-14, 18:18   Link #1138
GDB

Didn't he sail off to the Vale or somewhere at the end of season 3?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 18:22   Link #1139
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Didn't he sail off to the Vale or somewhere at the end of season 3?
Huh... did he? Too many characters to keep track of. Just thought He of all people would be there at the wedding too.

Also, Did Tyrion's "GF" actually think he meant those words? that bugged me the most.
Old 2014-04-14, 18:54   Link #1140
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Huh... did he? Too many characters to keep track of. Just thought He of all people would be there at the wedding too.

Also, Did Tyrion's "GF" actually think he meant those words? that bugged me the most.
It seems as though those words were her greatest fears since Tyrion got married. She's been wildly jealous of Sansa (but still not showing resentment towards her, just Tyrion) since their marriage: checking the sheets to check if they had sex, giving Tryion glaring looks when he talks to her, hesitating to leave the room with them alone, accusing Tyrion of wanting to leave her for Sansa, and just giving Tyrion a nasty attitude in general. Finally, as she realizes that none of this is "working" she probably tried using her good looks and charm to win Tyrion "back" (since she believes she's losing him), hence her friendlier attitude and seductive advances towards him in this and last episode.

It looks like from her point of view, Tyrion is genuinely falling for Sansa, and using the "its too dangerous for us to be seen together" line as a bullshit excuse to reject her.

The way I see it, Sansa is very beautiful, highborn, and much younger which makes Tyrion's girlfriend very insecure and jealous because well, shes a prostitute. Thats why I think Tyrions words cut her so deep --and he is smart enough to know they'd do that, as shes being very stubborn and he's trying to make her leave.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo