AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-25, 01:20   Link #61
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Remember, not many know people Academy city exist despite the fact it's located west of Tokyo. This secret city is the home of studying psychic powers and new gen technology. Outsiders like normal people or mage are not allowed to come in there unless they have permission. Remember episode 15, when the Anti-skill officer at the checkpoint was checking for Index's ID. It clearly shows unless you a citizen of the city, your not coming in.

So i think the city officials don't bother telling his parents unless he was dead. They have more important problems to deal with like rogue psychics or spies.
Based on that context, I take it that Academy City is one of the few places, if not the only place, that people utilize ESP.
And the fact that only the youngsters are espers is because it's such a new technology.

If that's true, then why are there so many magicians?
Index explained that magicians were people who were unable to use abilities.
Based on the description, it seems like the tradition is very old.
Not to mention that all the mages we meet so far are all older than the espers.
Also, it seems like the church is bigger than the academy city in terms of capacity.
How would this make sense, considering how secretive the city is?
Old 2009-02-25, 03:46   Link #62
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Based on that context, I take it that Academy City is one of the few places, if not the only place, that people utilize ESP.
And the fact that only the youngsters are espers is because it's such a new technology.

If that's true, then why are there so many magicians?
Index explained that magicians were people who were unable to use abilities.
Based on the description, it seems like the tradition is very old.
Not to mention that all the mages we meet so far are all older than the espers.
Also, it seems like the church is bigger than the academy city in terms of capacity.
How would this make sense, considering how secretive the city is?
Espers has always been around but relatively few in number until recent times. Remember magicians came to be because they wanted power the way espers do. But because Esper abilities are a science they created magic thru spells as such for a Normal to achieve power.

As we've seen with Accelerator's past Normals can be downright scared of Espers. They aren't even aware of Magicians for the most part.

Much like the churches organized groups like Nescessarius to take care of the threat of Magicians, the government , a certain ex-magician and doctor established Academy City to educate and regulate Espers.

Unlike the churches who see magic as a curse the Science side sees a more positive outlook on Espers.

Leaders of the Magic side and Science side have a deal not to interfere in each other's affair.

Too bad Touma is a magnet for trouble attacting both. Technically he should be the Science side's jurisdiction. But Touma had to play hero.

Now groups outside Academy City see him as threat creating what they dub as Kamijou Forces. Gathering the most powerful individuals on both sides to his. Actually most of that is his harem. They don't know that.
Old 2009-02-25, 06:30   Link #63
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So far, Negi Springfield is ahead of Touma in this area, but from what I heard, the novel has so many side characters that its quite possible that we'd have a harem forming that isn't placed there due to one circumstance.

And they'd better be all trying to kill Touma. I'd hate to ever see Touma stop saying "Fuko da."
Old 2009-03-02, 03:44   Link #64
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So far, Negi Springfield is ahead of Touma in this area, but from what I heard, the novel has so many side characters that its quite possible that we'd have a harem forming that isn't placed there due to one circumstance.

And they'd better be all trying to kill Touma. I'd hate to ever see Touma stop saying "Fuko da."
in touma's defense i would have to say all of the girls he's met came with some magical power or special abililty.
Old 2009-03-02, 04:12   Link #65
ReddyRedWolf

It is interesting that Motoharu thinks Aleister Crowley considers Touma as a solution for every pesky magician that comes to the city.

I would too if the guy wipes out magic and is like live bait.
Old 2009-03-11, 19:16   Link #66
pampz21
ShipCore

I think Touma can be way much stronger!like if he build up he's physical trait!he can defeat accelerator in a way that he would be destroy for like 10 hits or something....the only weakness of accelerator is Touma's IB!hahaha!
Old 2009-03-11, 22:52   Link #67
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It is interesting that Motoharu thinks Aleister Crowley considers Touma as a solution for every pesky magician that comes to the city.

I would too if the guy wipes out magic and is like live bait.
Perhaps not so much a solution as a source of hilarity. You'd be pretty bored, too, if you were stuck in a test tube all day.
Old 2009-03-12, 09:49   Link #68
eiyuu99

When will Touma finally find his "fortune"...?
Old 2009-03-12, 11:55   Link #69
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
When will Touma finally find his "fortune"...?
never? unless you cut off the arm.
Old 2009-03-12, 12:21   Link #70
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
never? unless you cut off the arm.
Been there, done that.
Old 2009-03-12, 12:32   Link #71
eiyuu99

Yeah and it added one more to his "misfortune"
Old 2009-03-14, 22:48   Link #72
aldw

All Touma needs is more combat training and experience and he'll be able to kick butt like nobody's business...
Old 2009-03-15, 14:46   Link #73
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...until he meets a mage/esper who can attack from all sides in distinct magical packets at once.

Though if the producers forget and he blocks it somehow (like the railgun)...
Old 2009-03-15, 16:44   Link #74
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...until he meets a mage/esper who can attack from all sides in distinct magical packets at once.

Though if the producers forget and he blocks it somehow (like the railgun)...
Maybe he will have an upgrade and will be able to block every magical/esper attack that touches his body.
This way nothing will be able to touch him.
Well, nothing except physical attacs...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2009-03-15, 18:20   Link #75
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Is it me or has Touma´s acts in the past and through out the light novel and anime, manga etc etc. Caught the eyes of some very influnced people?
Old 2009-03-16, 06:02   Link #76
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Is it me or has Touma´s acts in the past and through out the light novel and anime, manga etc etc. Caught the eyes of some very influnced people?
Well yeah they are afraid he is building an army. Actually he is building a harem.

Look at those associated with him that is targeted.

Index - a living magic library, Mikoto - 3rd strongest level 5 in Academy City, Hyouka - a weird amalgamation of AIM energy.

You can bet Aisa/Deep Blood and Misaka Imouto 10,032 are also on the list.

Mages associated with Touma Kaori, Stiyl and Motoharu are more inclined to trust him than Nescessarius' establishment.

To Aleister Crowley who runs Academy City he is pawn to use for those pesky mage intruders.

Thing is Touma is heroic and for those with evil intent he is dangerous with his ability and capacity to make allies out of enemies.
Old 2009-03-16, 07:52   Link #77
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I was thinking: what would happen if Touma gets connected to the Misaka network, now that Accelerator is connected to it? The calculating power of 10032 sister, plus an ex top1 will be amazing, so probably he'll have enough power to negate everything touches his body.
Not only esper/magic, but also physical attacs, thanks to the accelerator's power.
Also, Accelerator and the rest of the misaka network will get the same powers, becoming a virtually indestructible army... O_O

Old 2009-03-16, 13:42   Link #78
eiyuu99

You are forgetting about Accelerator's problem and his limitations.
Old 2009-03-16, 15:57   Link #79
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
You are forgetting about Accelerator's problem and his limitations.
Yes, I know that now Accelerator is not an allmighty esper anymore, but thanks to the misaka network he should be able to retrieve most of the calculating ability he lost.
And, also, if I remember well, Accelerator would only give Touma the possibility to use his ability, but all the calculations, and thus the power of the ability would be given by the misaka network and by touma's brain.

Old 2009-03-16, 16:32   Link #80
ZeroForever

huh??

If i'm not mistaken touma's ability isn't based on his mental capacity it's just a unknown power that supercedes magic and esp. Nor does he have the ability to borrow other peoples powers unless that's something new in the recent volumes.

accelerators limit is 15 mins of ability usage with the misaka network, that and now he's physically crippled (needs a cane just to walk).