AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-17, 01:03   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 635 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

....And we're back, baby! After a couple breaks, the series has now returned full-force! This week's explosive spoilers are once again brought to us by those swell fellas T and aohige:

-Chapter title is "So disgusting, it flies". The next chapter of the ministory is easily the most interesting one by far: It features Wapol, who has been recognized by the World Nobles (though whether he became a noble himself or not is still unclear), and has been given his own kingdom to rule over, the "Evil Black Drum" kingdom.......

-It seems Zeo taunts the Straw-Hats some more, but gets ignored again. Meanwhile, Zoro is disappointed that Luffy took out so many enemies at once, and Sanji flares up his old rivalry between him and the swordsman again. Hody then shoots a water bullet at Shirahoshi, but Jinbei deflects it. He notes that Hody is an amateur at merman karate. It's then revealed that he's gotten a bounty hike during the skip: His price is now 400 million, the same as Luffy....!!!

-The fish-pirates still attempt to go after the princess, but now Brooke steps up to protect her with some new musical technique. Zoro uses a new sword technique which creates a huge iron-cutting tornado, and Sanji shows off some new moves as well, one of them being the Sky Walk (technique similar to CP9's Geppou). Robin creates a giant foot to stomp the enemy pirates with, and Franky reveals more additions to the Soldier Dock System: #4, the Black Rhino motorcycle, and #5, the Brachiosaurus tank (naturally, both Chopper and Luffy are awed by these new weapons ). Hody then orders the kraken to attack, but instead he teams up with Luffy and kicks ass with him. The betrayal only serves to further enrage Hody.......

WOW, what an awesome chapter! The crew reveals new moves (looks like those people who predicted Sanji learning a Rokushiki-style move were right after all), we learn that Jinbei's bounty rose..... but for me, the ministory was the clear highlight. I was NOT expecting for Wapol to (possibly) become a world noble (I did figure he'd become important to the WG thanks to his metal, but this......). So who wants to bet that Wapol's new kingdom is located in the New World, eh?

Definitely can't wait for the full chapter now!

Edit: Oh, and BTW, it's revealed that the anime will begin airing the post-skip arcs on October 2nd, so there's somthing for the anime fans to look forward to. I'll be sure to make the new anime thread by that time, as well.

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-08-18 at 16:18.
Old 2011-08-17, 01:14   Link #2
Iron_devil

sounds like a epic chapter
Old 2011-08-17, 01:30   Link #3
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Wapol? World Noble? Evil Black Drum?

I can toooooootally see this becoming a new arc in the future~
Old 2011-08-17, 01:34   Link #4
marvelB

Oh, and aohige gives us this little tidbit about the chapter title:

Quote:
Ah, T clarifies the title.

It's really "So disgusting, you gotta fly"
It's about Sanji.

..... The Okamas were so disgusting, he had to fly in the air to get away from them.....

/rollingonthefloorlaughingmyassoff

Old 2011-08-17, 01:49   Link #5
noktown

Why is Zoro disappointed that Luffy took out so many enemies at once ?Last chapter he seemed impressed...
Old 2011-08-17, 01:53   Link #6
marvelB

^He pretty much wanted Luffy to leave him a bigger bite of the apple, so to speak (Sanji even responds to Zoro by saying he'd solo 30 thousand enemies himself, heh).
Old 2011-08-17, 02:07   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Wapol becoming more influential is certainly very interesting. Joining the ranks of the World Nobles and creating his "Evil Black Drum" kingdom signifies trouble for the strawhats in the future.

I knew Jimbei would receive a bounty increase due to being one of Luffy's accomplices during the Impel Down breakout, the war at Marineford, and the ringing of the bell 16 times at said location, but I find it somewhat strange how he would receive a bigger increase than Luffy. Jimbei got a 150 million increase, whereas Luffy only got a 100 million increase. After being known as the true culprit/instigator behind many unprecedented incidents in history, one would think that Luffy would have a higher bounty than our fellow ex-shichibukai fishman friend.
Old 2011-08-17, 03:01   Link #8
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

things are starting to move. and, FCK YOU HODY!!!
Old 2011-08-17, 04:40   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, Wapol may have become a World Noble, or may have been appointed BY World Nobles as legitimate king of the new kingdom.

The problem is, the disjointed sentence in the cover story can be taken as either.
It's most likely the latter, which makes more sense.

Also, I have the full script out at the usual place
(most of the pages of raw is up as well)
Old 2011-08-17, 04:49   Link #10
marvelB

So the raw's out. God, Wapol looks so freaking awesome in the ministory. He actually reminds me of Shiki's now (with the whole "creepy" theme reminding me of Moria). AND his hot wife (along with some badass-looking bodyguards) appear, too? Just.... wow. I think it's now guaranteed that we'll be seeing our rotund friend at the upcoming Reverie.....

As for the rest of the chapter's content, of course it's awesome. Personally, I loved seeing Brooke kick some ass. We get to see Robin's sexy giant legs (), and she even points out the CP9 comparison when Sanji does his Geppou. Oh, and Zoro's got his bandanna on, so you know he means business.....

Boy, this is easily one of my top favorite chapters in quite a while. It's truly great to see the Straw-Hats fighting together again.

Edit: Dang, ninja'd by aohige again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, Wapol may have become a World Noble, or may have been appointed BY World Nobles as legitimate king of the new kingdom.

The problem is, the disjointed sentence in the cover story can be taken as either.
It's most likely the latter, which makes more sense.

Curse it Oda, why must you potentially ruin my dream with mere vague sentences!? Wapol becoming a world noble would be the most awesome thing ever, but now that may not be so....

Well, since the wording was so ambiguous in the first place, my opening post remains the same until confirmed otherwise.
Old 2011-08-17, 08:35   Link #11
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Although there might be ways to become a world noble, wouldn't you need to be a descendant of the WG founders? Either way, Wapol might make a return appearance at some point. Not sure I'd care to see it though...

Chapter sounds great, can't wait to see it. So Sanji learned geppo eh, I womder if rankyaku will follow soon, since it is another technique using the legs.
Old 2011-08-17, 09:40   Link #12
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I wonder if the wapol metal could be a potential upgrade for the kuma clones
Old 2011-08-17, 11:03   Link #13
marvelB

^Actually, I've been stating my theory of Wapol's metal being the pacifistas' alloy for a few years now. In fact, I'm now starting to wonder if those bodyguards on the ministory page will turn out to be a new PX model (the scanlated chap isn't out yet, so here's the raw version of the ministory in the meantime so you can decide for yourselves). Those dudes certainly have a.... unique look about them.....

Edit: Full chap's out now. Don't really have much to add to what I said already, aside that it's a very fun chapter. And once again, I gotta say that I almost feel sorry for Hody, since his 100,000-man army is being taken out so easily, and is even betrayed by his strongest sea creature. Well, his officers (who we should see in action next chapter, methinks) should put up a better fight than the fodder army, at least.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-08-17 at 12:07.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:37   Link #14
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So according to Robin Sanji did some attack that belonged to CP9 ? Anybody know what exactly it was ?
Old 2011-08-17, 12:40   Link #15
Rainbowman

Here's what I summerized:

Ministory: Wapol and his Black Evil Drum Kingdom. I'm guessing Wapol has been made into a Shichibukai replacing Moriah judging by the creepy looks of him and his army.

Main Story: Is it Jinbei's bounty or Hody's bounty that's the same as Luffy's? The new techniques by Brook, Zoro, Sanji, Robin, and Franky are quite interesting. Sanji's reason for his technique is rather hilarious. (The Okamas were so disgusting, he had to fly in the air to get away from them.....) When the kraken decided to side with Luffy, it seems like that's one more canidate that may join the Strawhat crew as well as Jinbei and Shirahoshi.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:45   Link #16
The_Three_Kings

Woah, this chapter was sick. Everyone's new attacks are so strong. I hope Nami, Chopper, Franky and Usopp don't spend all their time on their vehicles though so we can actually see them fight.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:47   Link #17
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Wao! Great chapter! This is going to be epic when the anime comes out.

Everyone was awesome this chapter, and I'm thinking more and more that Jimbei is going to become the next crew mate for some reason... dunno, just feels like it.

One thing. When there's the close-up of zoro's face. His slashed eye is still shut, right? When I compared it to the color spread at the end, it seemed like it was, but I'm just making sure.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:10   Link #18
Casshern

I loved Sanji's story the most in this chapter... and Robin's legs!
Old 2011-08-17, 13:17   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Here's what I summerized:

Ministory: Wapol and his Black Evil Drum Kingdom. I'm guessing Wapol has been made into a Shichibukai replacing Moriah judging by the creepy looks of him and his army.

Main Story: Is it Jinbei's bounty or Hody's bounty that's the same as Luffy's? The new techniques by Brook, Zoro, Sanji, Robin, and Franky are quite interesting. Sanji's reason for his technique is rather hilarious. (The Okamas were so disgusting, he had to fly in the air to get away from them.....) When the kraken decided to side with Luffy, it seems like that's one more canidate that may join the Strawhat crew as well as Jinbei and Shirahoshi.
Jinbei's, no body outside of fishman island knows who hody is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, Jimbei having the same bounty as Luffy should rule out the possibility of him joining the crew. Though the Kraken seems to be confirmed as new crewmember.
I think the kraken will stay as the princess pet and protect the island when the straw hat leaves.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:25   Link #20
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, Jimbei having the same bounty as Luffy should rule out the possibility of him joining the crew. Though the Kraken seems to be confirmed as new crewmember.

I thought about that. But this was also the bounty when Luffy stopped doing anything. His bounty definitely would have improved if he was still active (and probably will again now that the wg knows he's active once more). I expect Luffy's bounty to go up to 500m after this next incident.

This would put Jimbei on the same level as zoro/sanji, and I think he would fit in nicely there. He'd also make for some great comic relief (b/c there isn't enough already), acting as the word of reason amongst the crew and making extreme faces whenever the crew does something outrageous.

The Kraken was referred to as a pet by Luffy, i.e. there against his will. I just can't see him as the new mate.

... Or I could just be talking out of my ass