AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-02, 11:18   Link #61
Marina2

OP

From OP it seems anime will cover at least 2 volumes.

I have read 2 volumes of novel and I will say that the story is quite serious and dark.

J.C.staff, I hope you will give me good adaption this time.

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-07-02 at 11:31.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 11:46   Link #62
tsunade666

2 volumes only?..... that's unexpected for J.C. staff's expected rushness and failure
Old 2011-07-02, 12:32   Link #63
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
2 volumes only?..... that's unexpected for J.C. staff's expected rushness and failure
He said he's read two volumes. The LN has six released. Always parse before you post.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 12:41   Link #64
larethian

it seems like Dr Pepper get used a lot in LNs lately.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 12:42   Link #65
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
On JC staff defense, they are good at making the first season, they usually screw up season 2 onwards(well hayate 2nd was good, but technically was their first season, so glad theyre not doing the third).
Old 2011-07-02, 12:45   Link #66
larethian

and it's time to move this thread, mods

and episode 2 is going to be 2 weeks later??
Old 2011-07-02, 13:07   Link #67
Kunagisa

Not bad, the atmosphere and the characters are excellent, and I'm glad some humor carried through as well. Taku's signature BGM is totally awesome for many scenes.

I think this is one of the shows that most people will find either it pretty clear cut between interesting or flat out boring.

EDIT: Now to think of it, Alice was 2nd for Kono LN ranking (right behind Biri^2), a popularity that I don't think JC can sustain at the current level of presentation (not that I am blaming them since there are just too much details that get omitted in an adaptation).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 13:26   Link #68
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
EDIT: Now to think of it, Alice was 2nd for Kono LN ranking (right behind Biri^2), a popularity that I don't think JC can sustain at the current level of presentation (not that I am blaming them since there are just too much details that get omitted in an adaptation).
I think it depends if the character is a moeblob or a plain tsundere (which automatically gets them a fandom, oh japan...).
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 13:51   Link #69
larethian

not having read the LN before, there're so many places that Narumi could have thrown a tsukkomi but he didn't. >_<
Old 2011-07-02, 15:28   Link #70
Marina2

Watched RAW ep.1

OMG! 48 minutes!! Is this because it is an early premiere or it will always 48 minutes per ep.????

However, I already seen original content and some changes in details.....Well, if it turn out ok, I won't mind.

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-07-02 at 15:46.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:02   Link #71
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hard to tell where this is going to go, but episode one was pretty captivating. I loved the mood and pacing and the music. This is the first role where I've actually liked Kayano Ai's voicing (gardening club). And 15-year-old idol Ogura Yui was surprisingly good as Alice -- but they are making it easy for her by getting her to use a flat voice.

I really do get a bit of the same pleasantly off-kilter feeling given off by the director's previous show, Uragiri ha Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru. He also did Tsukihime and Asatte no Houkou, both of which are recommendations for me.

We'll get ep2 two Fridays from now, on 15 July, from Tokyo MX. AT-X got ep1 out first, on Saturday, but will skip a week before resuming with ep2 the day after Tokyo MX broadcasts it. Ep1 is the only double-length episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-07-02 at 19:47.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:41   Link #72
Zell_ff8

I'll watch it once with subs to get the best of it.
The OP song was awful.
All I know is that Alice on the PV and Ogura Yui in the radio show was so fkin disgusting, it's like she´s raping and cutting out Alice voice and *beep* *beep* *beep* in her *beep* *beeeeep* desu. u__u
I'm a big fan of the series, readed all 6 volumes and got my CC ready for july 10th when the latest goes to sale (the cover is awesome ---. But I don't trust JC.... and the manga didn't started too well neither... so I'm afraid the anime will make those who didn't read the novel like its a plain boring more gosick-copy.

Why didn't they kept the actors from the dorama? Alice voice was just perfect for the character.
Zell_ff8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 23:01   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 23:17   Link #74
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
You know, novels prologues are usually... a bit... long .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 23:22   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You know, novels prologues are usually... a bit... long .
Yeah, I know. But prologues don't necessarily have to be boring.
Well, novels are hard to convert into anime, because if you keep too much of the original text and protagonist narrations, it tends to bog down. On the other hand, if you don't keep enough, you can't explain what is going on well enough. Especially stories that don't have much action. A (supposedly) good novel becoming a bad anime happens quite often...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:57   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
At the very least I expect her to get the same level of fame and popularity as Victorique; I mean, she's not going to win any Saimoe competitions, but she'll still be well known. And I suspect a sizable portion of the show would be riding on her moe value.

Personally, I just curious to see what kind of character is the girl that 'interrupted' Index series' domination streak in the ranking
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:03   Link #77
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, her version in the light novel is illustrated by Kishida Mel, which IMO make her a lot more cuter appearance-wise.

Personality-wise though, although I don't understand that much because I can't understand how people rank cuteness in personality, I guess what makes her cute is the big gap between her serious and melancholic moment, and her sulking one.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:54   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I almost loved the first episode.

Spoiler for 1-A:

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-07-03 at 02:36.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 02:12   Link #79
justsomeguy

The OP is fine; it just convinced me to give this show a chance when it wasn't even on the list before.

edit: Wait, Kishida Mel's character designs? All right, I'm in.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:33   Link #80
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

1st Episode caught my interest.

Voice acting was solid. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's "Narumi" hit the nail on the head. The more you listen to him, the more you feel as though he could drop off the face of the Earth and you wouldn't even notice. Yui Ogura's "Alice"...I need to hear more of. The truth in that she spoke flatly for all of her appearance doesn't give me enough to work with here; still, I like what I heard so far.

Story-wise, it looks like things have taken to a nice initiative; not pushing itself too fast nor to slow, but we'll have to see how Episode 2 carries it along.

One of the more interesting series I've seen so far. Looking forward to the next ep.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life