AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-15, 09:47   Link #1621
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Spoiler for Possibly EP8:
No, not really.
You could regard it as a spoiler for a TIP that follows after EP8 (somehow...), but it's not really a spoiler...so far.

Though I have to say open-shirt Battler looks bad-ass
Old 2011-08-15, 10:44   Link #1622
moichispa
Endless witch

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 5:

By the way. I think that in the new game more epic characters will appear for sure mostly because chiru is more battle related that the 1st part of umineko. and if we're talking about battles Will has to be in this new game too.
Old 2011-08-15, 10:56   Link #1623
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2011-08-16, 15:29   Link #1624
immblueversion

Hey, there's a video on Niconico Video showcasing beta footage for Erika and Dlanor.

You'll need an account to see it.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15323307

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-08-16, 16:07   Link #1625
cronnoponno

lol at Erika's sound novel sprite being used for specials.

I really hope that isn't kept....

But so far good job on them, I like that stage to. The meta world is freaking awesome

I'm guessing they didn't change Battler too much sadly.

Also, why is Dlanor in the backround when she's clearly in Erika's party?
Old 2011-08-16, 16:18   Link #1626
Joly
モエカステル

The video is probably just showcasing Erika's sprite in action. It's not like it's the final version, so there's still time for changes and new things to be added.
Old 2011-08-16, 20:52   Link #1627
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

I actually kinda like the sprite from the novel being used during the special, though I can't really explain why.

Also, Erika looks too tall. Probably Dlanor too, although I didn't notice these things till the end when Erika was fighting.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:17   Link #1628
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorFunk View Post
I actually kinda like the sprite from the novel being used during the special, though I can't really explain why.
Like it while you can, because they're most definitely going to change it.

Considering there was a CG contest on Pixiv (it's over, as far as I'm concerned), they may even make new CGs for the already existing characters. But I don't know much about any of that, so don't take my word for it.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:24   Link #1629
cronnoponno

The main thing that had me wondering was:

Why is Dlanor not using two swords? She's only using her red key(The color is out but I am sure that it is the red key). I guess it's fine to make her so apparently slow, but didn't the novel say that her speed(in concerning her fight with Battler) surpassed human understanding?
Old 2011-08-16, 22:45   Link #1630
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

Is that Gohda where Gaap was in Meta? Also I'm glad I am able to finally hand an asswhooping to anyone and EVERYONE.
Old 2011-08-17, 00:01   Link #1631
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Oh ffff-! That Erika with her scythe gets me so damn excited for this. Definitely know who my main will be now. I think her specials as is are a little bland, but that'll be changed with effects and the like. (Though I do like those scythe flips...
Spoiler for EP8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor .A. Nox View Post
Is that Gohda where Gaap was in Meta?
ಠ_ಠ
Old 2011-08-17, 06:47   Link #1632
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Regarding Dlanor, I'm not surprised how it went: I personally don't think she is supposed to be a quick combo fencer, well nothing similar to Kanon or Lucifer.
It has been a while I didn't read 5-6-8, but I'm pretty certain she counters *hard* leading to that blinding speed, it isn't like she is unleashing a barrage of strikes continously either.
That said, her movement speed might be a bit low, but considering her damage, it is fair.

Meanwhile, Erika is really nasty considering her early move sets: as far as I can see, she has an excellent range with little recovery frames for most, especially her low attacks with her scythes.
What's even more noteworthy however is her special that can be used as a crossup, but the fact she has a -triple- jump. That's huge advantage, especially against characters lacking of good movements options and/or anti air.
That and her EX cannon special dealing quite a huge chunk of damage... quite a violent special for nasty Okizeme.

For those who don't want to bother with niconico, the video is on youtube:
Old 2011-08-17, 11:26   Link #1633
cronnoponno

Now that you mention it, Dlanor DOES do an insane amount of damage, you could say she barely even needs to combo!
Old 2011-08-17, 11:53   Link #1634
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
The main thing that had me wondering was:

Why is Dlanor not using two swords? She's only using her red key(The color is out but I am sure that it is the red key). I guess it's fine to make her so apparently slow, but didn't the novel say that her speed(in concerning her fight with Battler) surpassed human understanding?
She actually does use a shorter sword a few times (...well, once, when Beato switches back to Battler, while she's cornered), but it's just a quick jab, barely noticable. The player just didn't bother showing most of her attacks.

I'm curious as to how the barriers work.

Erika's flash-step doesn't impress me too much though, I don't think there's all that much need for that amount of aerial maneuvering. (I can see her sack race with Kannon though.)

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Old 2011-08-17, 11:58   Link #1635
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozaki View Post
She actually does use a shorter sword a few times (...well, once, when Beato switches back to Battler, while she's cornered), but it's just a quick jab, barely noticable. The player just didn't bother showing most of her attacks.

I'm curious as to how the barriers work.

Erika's flash-step doesn't impress me too much though, I don't think there's all that much need for that amount of aerial maneuvering. (I can see her sack race with Kannon though.)
Oh you're right, I thought she just punched the crap out of Battler with her giant fist but I think I see a small blade in it.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:01   Link #1636
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In a game where no one can double jump except Eva Beato, being able to do that is a huge advantage, especially against characters such like Siesta, Lucifer, Virgilia and Eva with poor or unpracticable anti air.

Or do you mean her feint move that makes her appear airbone (similar to Nanaya's 22B)? Depends how long her recovery is, although it can really screw characters like Jessica.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:35   Link #1637
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In a game where no one can double jump except Eva Beato, being able to do that is a huge advantage, especially against characters such like Siesta, Lucifer, Virgilia and Eva with poor or unpracticable anti air.

Or do you mean her feint move that makes her appear airbone (similar to Nanaya's 22B)? Depends how long her recovery is, although it can really screw characters like Jessica.
Yes, the feint.
I've always had trouble seeing those as anything but impractical, especially characters like Dio Sakuya in SWR, but I'll withhold my judgement until I actually get to play her.

On another note, Dlanor has some insane knockback, looking at how she kicks around Flying Sorcerer Battler. My impression is that it's not that she won't NEED to combo, but that she simply won't be able to pull of long combo-stun-combo chains. (Which, in retrospect is probably pretty obvious, looking at her speed.)
I wonder how beginner-friendly that makes her.

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Old 2011-08-17, 22:11   Link #1638
Witch of Trolling

So from what I was able to decipher from the Google translation of Ryukishi's production diary:

~Over 300 illustrations were received for the Ougon Musou Kyoku 2 contest.
~He's still working on an official title for the second game.
~We should be hearing news on the voices for Dlanor and Erika soon.
Old 2011-08-17, 22:14   Link #1639
cronnoponno

I hate to sound greedy, but I hope there are a lot more characters than just Dlanor and Erika.
Old 2011-08-17, 22:53   Link #1640
Witch of Trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
I hate to sound greedy, but I hope there are a lot more characters than just Dlanor and Erika.
I hope so, too. I don't think that it would be unreasonable to assume that we'll get more somewhere down the line. With all the Bern and Lambda art that was submitted to the contest, I wouldn't be surprised if they were added as well.

Personally, I'm hoping for Will (with assist Lion) so that I can use the badass Inquisitor tag team from EP8.
Closed Thread