AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2006-05-11, 14:12   Link #21
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Well, you never know. I suppose it's possible she could have kids. After all,
she's a goddess. So you would have half-human half-goddess children roaming
about and eventually having relationships of their own causing all kinds of chaos.

I just feel bad for the manga-ka - if you read his comments about himself I get
the feeling he's really a sexually inexperienced hermit and I suspect he wishes
that something like what happened to K1 would happen to himself. I suspect
the story would progress more if he had more life experiences himself.
Old 2006-05-11, 20:49   Link #22
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
I just feel bad for the manga-ka - if you read his comments about himself I get the feeling he's really a sexually inexperienced hermit and I suspect he wishes that something like what happened to K1 would happen to himself. I suspect the story would progress more if he had more life experiences himself.
Where are these comments, and what are they?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 11:02   Link #23
ainin
Hello...

Just accept how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
Well, you never know. I suppose it's possible she could have kids. After all,
she's a goddess. So you would have half-human half-goddess children roaming
about and eventually having relationships of their own causing all kinds of chaos.

I just feel bad for the manga-ka - if you read his comments about himself I get
the feeling he's really a sexually inexperienced hermit and I suspect he wishes
that something like what happened to K1 would happen to himself. I suspect
the story would progress more if he had more life experiences himself.
Well, just accept how it is. No need to feel bad........... I love the movie, it is very beautiful!!
ainin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 13:36   Link #24
vmmartinezg

Libera me Lyrics

Actually, Libera Me is a part of the Requiem Mass of the Roman Catholic Church, obviuosly it is in Latin.

Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna
in die illa tremenda
quando coeli movendi sunt et terra,
dum veneris judicare saeculum per ignem.

Tremens factus sum ego et timeo,
dum discussion venerit atque venture ira:
quando coeli movendi sunt et terra.

The translation would be your homework....
vmmartinezg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 15:59   Link #25
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

The movie was really nice i thought. It really made you hate Celestin though...kissing Belldandy right in front of Keiichi's eyes.

I wish Keiichi and Bel had a longer kiss though, after they walked through the gate...or leave the kiss until after the situation calmed down. Plus, Keiichi should have said more at the end to put Bel's heart at ease. That's what i thought at least.

Sidenote: I know they were following the manga-style of Keiichi's haircut up to that point, but it didnt really look good on him i thought. While Belldandy is nice eyecandy (lol!! ) i thought he should have looked the way he looked in the OAV...
Rall)eon117X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 21:50   Link #26
Ninjamasta

I just saw the movie and have some questions.

First of, does Bell have somekind of feeling towards Celestine as a mentor or lover? I dont really know but my guess is that she respects him as a mentor.

Who is that 4th goddess? I only watched seasson1 Tv, please shine some light into the matter. All I know is that she will appear in seasson2 and she looks just like Megumi.

Personally I really liked the movie overall. Better visual, and the story line keeps me on edge most of the time. I was cheering for K. The ending kinda so so for me cause they could have done something more than just a simple kiss on the face after they crossed the gate. In other words the author is still hanging us by not giving much to character progression.

Off topic. I heard that the japanese manga is up to vol.40+ and the story still didnt get much progress? Are they gonna go for vol100? Even so I'm already hooked to the story, might as well stick to it and hope for a good ending.
Ninjamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 21:59   Link #27
aikming

I just saw the movie and have some questions.

#just saw the movie???

First of, does Bell have somekind of feeling towards Celestine as a mentor or lover? I dont really know but my guess is that she respects him as a mentor.

# mentor

Who is that 4th goddess? I only watched seasson1 Tv, please shine some light into the matter. All I know is that she will appear in seasson2 and she looks just like Megumi.

# that's Peorth, also first class goddess as Belldandy. She appeared in second season.

Off topic. I heard that the japanese manga is up to vol.40+ and the story still didnt get much progress? Are they gonna go for vol100? Even so I'm already hooked to the story, might as well stick to it and hope for a good ending.

#Japanese volume only up to volume 34, and recent chapters (newest 219) focusing on skuld and sentaro. the chapter is released each month and each volume would comprise about 8-9 chapters. Dont think the mangaka would go that far. it would take at least 8 years to reach 100 volumes. Interest in AMG drops the longer he try to push it.
Old 2006-12-27, 23:14   Link #28
Ninjamasta

thx for the info. Yea I just finished the movie like 2 hrs ago.

The first time I saw AMG series was back in 1995 in japanese and no subs. Back then I quickly faded intrest of the series cause i dont know what the hell they are talking about until I picked up a copy of Us version from Netflix recently in Nov 2006. (not sure about 1995 but I guess im close)

BaM! After the first episode, I was permenantly hooked! I couldnt stop watching the series after that. When out and bought the entire seasson1 box set and the movie last week. During the month long I was like an addict saving up money to get it and it feels like forever!

Anyway thx again.
Ninjamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 15:25   Link #29
asutedjo909
Banpei

the movie for me is sweet and nice. and i just realized that there are some flaws like mentioned by some of u earlier, about when celestin is present at the ceremony when Bell graduated as a 1st class goddess when earlier she is imprisoned when bell's still a child... well, for me, maybe there is something wrong and missing from the director, or that the director thought of something but have difficulties clearly deliver it to the movie that eventually confuses us... well, if we just see it for the first time, we wont recognize it, but i just watched it for the 2nd time now (just 2nd time, i bet there is someone out there that has seen it more than me^^), and i have already watched it with my finger on the pause button to analyze anything that i find interesting. beside from that, i think the movie is nice, sweet, and enjoyable. for me, i will just ignore some of the flaws and enjoy it.

the part that i like the most is when Celestin in K1's body is protected by Bell and then K1, despite he is a human, take over his own body and celestin's power to help Bell. he said, "i dont know what is right or wrong. i just know, i dont want to live in a world without you in it." and Bam! our super K1 appears, and thats also the time when Bell said,"my beloved Keichi-san." maybe the theory that said when Keichi take over his own body and Celestin's power is when Bell remembers everything can be considered logical here^^

as for the development, the OVA is following some aspect of the manga and the ending still doesnt have anything to do with the manga until now(maybe later). as for the TV series and manga, they are following each other not mentioning some minor changes. the movie, i think if the manga-ka want to add it to the story plot in the manga, he can do it. because the manga now is stating that Keichi is like about 1-2 years living with belldandy now, got a job (not too good, but fine with chihiro). and the movie tells us that it has been 3 years since they first meet (or 4? like what Urd said in the movie. the NIT motor Club got bigger and much nicer room, and Keichi also has worked with chihiro there in the movie), so if the movie story will be in the manga, they will be added in the later chapter. but it is an IF, cos i am not the manga-ka.lol... thats what i see. i hope that the manga-ka will add it tho. i dont know whether it will be likely or not. thats what i think ^^
asutedjo909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 23:48   Link #30
Akina_san
Anime LoverX2

I tihink that that movie was a tade bit on the side of two way diminsons of the love and fight wars like in the classical anime.
Akina_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 23:54   Link #31
WhiteWings

Sometimes its nice to just sit down and relax while watching a simple and nice movie like this. Back to the basics.
Old 2008-11-29, 06:09   Link #32
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Have you seen the old one?
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 12:39   Link #33
Solafighter
Hige

Well, well. Finaly watched the movie. Compared to the series, the movie has an interesting plot, more quality in everything and even "action" szenes, like you can little expect from movies.

Watched the movie in High Quality with 5.1 sound.

I would give the movie a 9.5/10. Good but not still awsomeness.
Old 2009-03-07, 23:10   Link #34
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

I would say that Belldandy regains her memories once the virus is overwritten and she realises her feelings for Keiichi once more.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 09:12   Link #35
HammerOrNails
One day...
*Artist

Watched the movie and, much like the anime, wasn't really that impressed. To me, AMG is still a story that unfolds to its best in its manga form, especially in the first volumes where there is slapstick and out-there humour that actually works. Still, I'd rate the movie above many of the series episode, especially if we talk second season...
HammerOrNails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 04:31   Link #36
KimmyChan

I love the Ah! My Goddess movie, I've watched it loads of times as I have it on DVD

Celestine is my favourite character in it & the song they all sing at the end is so beautiful!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:45   Link #37
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Same here!! Just finished watching it again for how many times along with both series!! Can't wait till when ever the third one is being released here in NZ?
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:19   Link #38
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this was actually the first anime movie i ever bought. its production quality was fantastic for when it came out, had a powerful story, great animation, and great soundtrack.

i still remember how it ripped me apart when Bell didn't remember Keiichi... i need to go home and watch it with the subs.. dubbed youtube vids only get you so far..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 20:21   Link #39
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOrNails View Post
Watched the movie and, much like the anime, wasn't really that impressed. To me, AMG is still a story that unfolds to its best in its manga form, especially in the first volumes where there is slapstick and out-there humour that actually works. Still, I'd rate the movie above many of the series episode, especially if we talk second season...
I would disagree strongly with that; Ah! My Goddess The Movie has one of the strongest story development and emotional stories out there. It is indeed a departure from the more comedic side, but the movie comes out stronger in the end as a story of emotions and conflict rather than comedy. In fact, the movie forms my expectations for what to expect in the Gundam 00 movie.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:35   Link #40
limao
DeAd

Ah! My Goddess The movie is (was) actually the best part of Ah! My Goddess, the TV Series didn't come even close...
limao is offline   Reply With Quote