AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-08-08, 12:30   Link #8801
fan

@Osman tommyG wasn't talking about wanting rias in issei's peerage. He was saying if we will get to see rias get new members in her peerage
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 12:42   Link #8802
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Could be. But if that's the case, he should've worded it better I think. Maybe it's just me, though. But yeah, she does need good replacements for Asia, Rose and Xenovia.
Old 2018-08-08, 12:46   Link #8803
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@TommyG: Sigh~. Rias being in Ise's peerage is impossible. Please understand. She's his King. Her also becoming a servant of his would be downgrading.
That's not what he said

I'm also curious what Rias plans to do to fill in the gaps left over from all the transfers.
Old 2018-08-08, 12:57   Link #8804
Royalknightftw

@DragonOsman Eh he worded his sentence correctly. He clearly said that he was curious who will be Rias's new peerages

Since Rias is really good at recruiting talented and powerful people, i have no doubt that the new members of her team will be more than enough to fill the void left by Asia, Ross,and Xenonia.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 16:16   Link #8805
Lucidrago

Rias' new servants:

Rook: The Mil-tan()

Knight: Tosca

Bishop: Aika Kiryuu(Now she has someone to create perverted techniques for males. But does it using magic.)
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 06:50   Link #8806
bodo
shirking idiots ...

An idiot posted on Ishi's twitter (in spanish) 'DxD vols are translated by dedicated people who don't receive anything in exchange (he thinks)', Ishi did mentioned he asked the editor if he should communicate with the foreign fans and most likely the editor is also reading Ishi's twitter, so it's a mater of time till DxD will receive a DMCA request ... Oda Nobuna no Yabou published like DxD by Fujimi Fantasia Bunko got DMCA in 2015 ...
Old 2018-08-09, 10:11   Link #8807
Gaizafaiz

Well this might be a good sign of getting official translation. Or we will just get DCMA. That's all.
Old 2018-08-09, 10:31   Link #8808
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I really hope we don't get a DMCA on DxD. It'll mean all fan-translations would have to stop and taken off the web as well. I really hope it doesn't happen. If it gets Licensed but doesn't also get a DMCA, then fan-translations could probably still continue.
Old 2018-08-09, 10:32   Link #8809
Lex79

I would absolutely support an official release...but it would take a decade to catch up.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 11:02   Link #8810
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm in Saudi Arabia, so for me it'd have to be an ebook at an affordable price (I can't get physical copies easily here).
Old 2018-08-09, 11:09   Link #8811
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I would absolutely support an official release...but it would take a decade to catch up.
Yup. That's the only problem.

Just wondering though, if DxD gets DCMA, will Shin DxD gets DCMA too? Because technically DxD and Shin DxD are two different series even though it is a direct sequel of it. That is unless Ishibumi DCMA Shin DxD too.
Old 2018-08-09, 12:00   Link #8812
bodo
shirking idiots ...

The DMCA doesn't come from Ishibumi, it comes from the publisher, the problem is there are messages on Ishi's twitter about the fan translation, even if they are in spanish, if the editor/publisher take action they will get to baka tsuki, all of DxD releated content (original, DX, EX and Shin) will be taken down, along with DxD other fan translated series published by Fujimi Fantasia Bunko may be deleted (being on baka tsuki = easy target in this case).
https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/sta...42223208574982
Old 2018-08-09, 12:29   Link #8813
XFire
150% done

Welp, time to save some PDFs.
Old 2018-08-09, 16:00   Link #8814
DragonOsman
Dragon King

This is why I hope they don't go through with this. I have practically no other way to read a series, unless I can get the Licensed version in some way (like someone who's bought one giving me a PDF).

@Gaizafaiz: I keep saying this and am starting to feel like a broken record about it now, but again: Shin is not a sequel. Shin DxD Volume 1 is basically just DxD Volume 26. Ishibumi has said before that DX and EX included make up a total of 30 DxD Volumes, and that he made Shin to get the chance to reset the Volume count so that new readers could get into it more easily without having to read the first 25 Volumes (remember he also said he doesn't want to go past 30 Volumes).
Old 2018-08-09, 16:19   Link #8815
bodo
shirking idiots ...

@Osman, actually Ishibumi called Shin a new series, blog or twitter, or on both maybe, don't remember exactly, it was before the first vol was released.
Old 2018-08-09, 16:47   Link #8816
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
That's not what he said

I'm also curious what Rias plans to do to fill in the gaps left over from all the transfers.
Valerie and Tosca seem like they will be likely candidates. Valerie for Bishop and Tosca for either knight or rook
Old 2018-08-09, 20:25   Link #8817
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Valerie and Tosca seem like they will be likely candidates. Valerie for Bishop and Tosca for either knight or rook
I do not think Valerie can be reincarnated with just one piece of bishop. Tosca has a barrier-type SG, so Rook would be a good fit for her.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 23:03   Link #8818
Gaizafaiz

@DragonOsman What Bodo said. And Sequel means a book, film, or play that continues the story of a previous book, etc. I know that he wants to reset the Volume count so new readers can get into it, but you can't just ignore the fact that it is a direct sequel of it. Shin DxD series is a direct sequel to the DxD series.
Old 2018-08-10, 06:11   Link #8819
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
I do not think Valerie can be reincarnated with just one piece of bishop. Tosca has a barrier-type SG, so Rook would be a good fit for her.
I would go with knight. The fact that she was selected for the Holy Sword Project implies she had a talent for using swords as it was stated in Volume 3 by Kiba those were the ones they picked to participate. And plus her barrier would also act as a shield. For example, in VOlume 23, the knight on Dulio's team was Jessica Lagerkvist(Sandalphon's queen) who is able to create powerful barriers.

I feel that becoming a knight is more suited to Tosca.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 11:33   Link #8820
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Tosca as a Knight sounds good.

Valerie has a Longinus, so unless it's a Mutation Piece, I don't see her being reincarnated with just one Piece. I don't think Valerie can be in Rias' peerage for this reason.