5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-31, 08:35   Link #321
TheDisruptiveOne

CC doesn't have many outfits apparently. I think she will look better in her Empress clothes. I hope Newtype will have some juicy images for us this month.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:36   Link #322
-Nyu-
Yozora

To quote from RC:
"To put it another way, I’m worried about the direction the series is going. "

This felt FAR to rushed. Also the general goal of the series, Lelouch wanting to finish off his father, ended like that in one episode? Plus his mother who he loved so much just abandonned like that? We're way to go to see things finished here, and I wouldn't wonder if Charles and Marianna will show up again. Also the series has 4 episodes to go. Can't imagine the rest will be Lelouch peacing the world and fighting Schneizel. I also remember the space fighting scenes in the opening - to put it shortly, there's much much left to cover - I hope not too much for 4 episodes..
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:38   Link #323
mayaramayana
A proof is an argument.

Empress? Wow, a lot of people do actually think that she'll live!

Don't get me wrong. I want C.C. to live. But if she's dead in the end, I will not be surprised.

From a more romantic point of view, LuluxKallen is more possible...
mayaramayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:41   Link #324
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Uh, Nyu, Marianne never loved Lelouch at all and used him as a pawn. That gave him reason to kill her.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:42   Link #325
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
To quote from RC:

This felt FAR to rushed. Also the general goal of the series, Lelouch wanting to finish off his father, ended like that in one episode? Plus his mother who he loved so much just abandonned like that? We're way to go to see things finished here, and I wouldn't wonder if Charles and Marianna will show up again. Also the series has 4 episodes to go. Can't imagine the rest will be Lelouch peacing the world and fighting Schneizel. I also remember the space fighting scenes in the opening - to put it shortly, there's much much left to cover - I hope not too much for 4 episodes..
This season would have been better if it ended after episode 19. All of the writers could have regrouped and came up with a way to properly finish things. And maybe they could have accomplished that by producing 13 episodes (or less) some time down the road.
Old 2008-08-31, 08:42   Link #326
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Well to be fair they are near the end and Charles's bit had to be resolved soon to set up for the ending soon. Not like they had much time to work with anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
off topic but that reminds me of a line from Princess Bride.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:43   Link #327
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Uh, Nyu, Marianne never loved Lelouch at all and used him as a pawn. That gave him reason to kill her.
She crippled Nunnally to boot!
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:52   Link #328
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Rewatching the raws, I noticed that when the double helix spear/tower crumbled, the mask figures in the machinery below turned into child's silhouettes.

So was that huge crowd of childrens shown earlier all "sacrifices" for the Ragnarok?
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:55   Link #329
finalnight
Supreme Commander

THIS IS MAAAADDDNESSS!!!

Seriously, full stop, even the spartans wouild have been like "OMGWTFBBQ2!"

Wow, completely flipped the series.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:55   Link #330
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
To quote from RC:

When you consider that he's been working all this time (45 episodes plus the time that came before it) to get to that point then it's not one episode, it's just a climax of this storyline. What did it need to be, stretched out over the course of five? I find that if I take the series as one episode at a time then yes it feels rushed, but if I take it as a whole entire series, all arcs and previous developments included then it becomes merely steady.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:59   Link #331
TheDisruptiveOne

Yeah, Marianne is basically a bitch. Did you see that euphoric facial expression she had when the "gods" came? What a twisted lady! It makes sense why she went to retrieve CC in episode 20 now though. Charles and her needed C.C. for their plans. C.C. being spared by the gods was the most interesting thing that happened this episode. What does it all mean?
Old 2008-08-31, 09:01   Link #332
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

I've yet to see EP21, but it just seems they are sacrificing good writing and development for the plot twist factor. To many plot twisted lead the viewer to feel cheated about what they watched before.
Old 2008-08-31, 09:02   Link #333
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And yet people who say this always focus on a single episode and never understand that the series overall has been steady. What, did you want Lelouch to deal with Charles for 3 more episodes or something?
Old 2008-08-31, 09:06   Link #334
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I've yet to see EP21, but it just seems they are sacrificing good writing and development for the plot twist factor. To many plot twisted lead the viewer to feel cheated about what they watched before.
I don't buy it for a second. We go through this every single week with this show, it's always the same with poor writing this crappy developments that and it never turns out that way once I see the episode. It always turns out to be the totally exaggerated with almost every scene that is described and I have no trouble following each weeks latest episode that people claim makes no sense and is too ridiculous compared to anything that has come before it.

I'm just waiting for the Candid Camera crew to jump out and tell me I'm on the show and that people have just been leading me for the past 21 weeks. That would come as a relief actually because good grief.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:06   Link #335
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Rewatching the raws, I noticed that when the double helix spear/tower crumbled, the mask figures in the machinery below turned into child's silhouettes.

So was that huge crowd of childrens shown earlier all "sacrifices" for the Ragnarok?
Would explain the flashback scenes with all the children showed and the death references C.C. had (and which Lelouch also saw when ge got his Geass).
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:06   Link #336
mandarb916

lol this episode was horrible hahaha
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:07   Link #337
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
And yet people who say this always focus on a single episode and never understand that the series overall has been steady. What, did you want Lelouch to deal with Charles for 3 more episodes or something?
No, I wanted logical development, metered out better. Last minute changes and the switching of the antagonist of the show, does not allow the viewer to derive satisfaction for his downfall. It comes off like a bunch of cheap tricks.
Old 2008-08-31, 09:08   Link #338
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
Care to explain why, or are you another fucker here to troll?
Old 2008-08-31, 09:09   Link #339
Ansa

Quote:
Pretty much, while it does feel rushed I'm getting a rush from seeing every bloody episode, honestly I wish EVERY episode had been like this, you can't predict SHIT anymore it's actually exciting not to mention the spoilers from 3 mags were outright WRONG it's actually exciting to wake up every sunday to see how the shit has hit the fan in the latest episode.

only 4 more left honestly I don't even care how it ends the show itself has been a rollercoaster ride of AWESOME.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:12   Link #340
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
The eloquence.

Kaoishin, I love you in a platonic and anime fan way.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote