4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-07, 03:08   Link #981
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
=.= Meh all of you debating about if Rolo killed her or not.
Lulu could easily geass Rolo (since he hasn't) to ask if Rolo killed her or not.

I don't want to think that Rolo did it >_<
Old 2008-07-07, 03:08   Link #982
MonkeyDude

I would just like to add fuel to the whole "who killed Shirley" debate.

There is probably a 90% chance that her own gun was used to shoot her, then placed back near her hand before the geass expired. If you looked closely at the scene, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the gun to be right on her hand if she did fall. It would be more plausible for the gun to be at least a few feet away from her rather than right on her hand. What might have happened was the geass was used, 'x' took Shirley's gun and shot her with it, then placed it right next to her hand (which screams that something is not right).

Sad to say, the only one with the ability to do that would have been Rolo. Shirley would have been unaware of who her assailant is due to the effects of the geass and it gives Rolo ample time to escape. The fact that he was missing during that scene rather than tending to Shirley's wound also raises suspicion...

Wild theories aside, the logical choice would be Rolo...but CG does give logic the middle finger so who knows...one thing is for certain and that is the murder weapon is the gun Shirley is holding!

I'm not a part of any of the shipping lanes so I think my view is unbiased...
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:12   Link #983
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
forgive my misspelling and my bad grammar. i m not a native english speacker, i learn english by myself 15+years ago using my knowledge of latin to work the etymologie of words and figured the rest by myself, you could argue that by now i should speack english with more ease but i unfortunatly lack time to devote to it. therefore building a proper argumentation is a lot harder than if i was using my mothertongue as i m lacking the vocabulary the gramatical structure etc etc.
Not much of an excuse. In French, we capitalize the first word of every sentence, too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:15   Link #984
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not much of an excuse. In French, we capitalize the first word of every sentence, too.
well, it's not like this would make the meaning that different right? most of the time i'm not capitalizing either because of simple lazyness
Guilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:17   Link #985
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
poor direction = too much time wasted on useless stuff, who cares about a whole eps of hat hunting when there was 3 maybe 5 min in the whole eps plotworthy. this leads to a rushed eps where they tried to pack too much stuff in it : jeremiah's 180°turn, shirley's death, trying to make lelouch x suzaku interaction start again, trying to deal with the subject of forgiveness. i wont comment on the completely incoherent behavior of the 3 protagonist after shirley almost falling to her death.
But... I LIKE the Ashford crack episodes...<.<
I think they are needed personally. If they just do things serious the entire time it will run into TOO much teen angst. It would be NGE all over again... NGE's major flaw with me is that it had nothing to lighten the mood and each episode ranged from depressing to down right brutal darkness. It is nice to have some comic relief every now and then. Especially in an anime where people die in depressing, and heart wrenching ways.

Also, if you think about it, Jeremiah's turn is not really rushed and makes perfect sense. And how did Lelouch and Suzaku act incoherently when Shirley almost fell to her doom?
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:23   Link #986
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
And how did Lelouch and Suzaku act incoherently when Shirley almost fell to her doom?
I like the writing as it is but the talk AFTER they rescued her was...I mean, come on, she suddenly gets all crazy and nearly falls off a huge building and instead of asking her what the hell is going on they start talking about the past and joke around... Okay, Lulu got his call but this strange behaviour should be bugging them right?
Old 2008-07-07, 03:26   Link #987
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
I like the writing as it is but the talk AFTER they rescued her was...I mean, come on, she suddenly gets all crazy and nearly falls off a huge building and instead of asking her what the hell is going on they start talking about the past and joke around... Okay, Lulu got his call but this strange behaviour should be bugging them right?
Well, I will give you that...<.<' It did seem a little odd. Ah well, not that big a deal IMO.
Old 2008-07-07, 03:28   Link #988
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
That was certainly odd, yeah. One moment Shirley is trying to commit suicide (well, she got what she was looking for later in the episode, heh) and the other she's slapping the back of Suzaku's head and dragging him away like nothing had happened.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:30   Link #989
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
why are people finding it hard to belive that the pro killer who spent his life killing without even thinking its all that bad
and has shown to kill his own team mates for over hearing things that are not even close to what sherly knew
and has infact been shown to be crazy when it comes to lulu
why are people finding it hard to belive he killed her
considering that the last thing she said is in a way telling him that he's not really lulu's brother (she said nanali was his sister)
Old 2008-07-07, 03:31   Link #990
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith
That was certainly odd, yeah. One moment Shirley is trying to commit suicide (well, she got what she was looking for later in the episode, heh) and the other she's slapping the back of Suzaku's head and dragging him away like nothing had happened.
To be fair, both Lelouch and Suzaku on more than one occasion have been oblivious to other peoples feelings and thoughts. Perhaps this was a case of that as well?
Old 2008-07-07, 03:34   Link #991
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why are people finding it hard to belive that the pro killer who spent his life killing without even thinking its all that bad
and has shown to kill his own team mates for over hearing things that are not even close to what sherly knew
and has infact been shown to be crazy when it comes to lulu
why are people finding it hard to belive he killed her
considering that the last thing she said is in a way telling him that he's not really lulu's brother (she said nanali was his sister)
it's not that hard to believe, it's just that the execution of the scene leaves things a bit open. i would have loved a twist here but i don't really think it will happen, there are other things hinting at Rolo. it's just that the ep itself is not 100% clear with it
Old 2008-07-07, 03:44   Link #992
Child_of_Sierra

So shirley went to euphieland this episode...

I feel some pity for lelouch for losing someone important but Shirley actually had it coming. Running off to a dangerous building by yourself? Since she knew who he was (Zero) there should have been no reason for her to think that she can make a difference in a fight he is involved in. (Raki from claymore anime comes to mind <_<).

How she even managed to get killed felt too forced, (priority protection by police yet manages to sneak in a restricted building plus meeting/talking to the wrong person whom she must know by now as a fake brother.)

Lastly, i find it strange for her to be so calm when talking to lelouch. Every person who survived facing rolo were astounded by his ability to teleport yet she doesn't seem shocked by finding herself bleeding in the floor. Maybe the line "What happened?" might have been too big a give away but being so calm when you did not know what hit you is a bit
Old 2008-07-07, 03:46   Link #993
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post

I feel some pity for lelouch for losing someone important but Shirley actually had it coming. Running off to a dangerous building by yourself? Since she knew who he was (Zero) there should have been no reason for her to think that she can make a difference in a fight he is involved in. (Raki from claymore anime comes to mind <_<).

How she even managed to get killed felt too forced, (priority protection by police yet manages to sneak in a restricted building plus meeting/talking to the wrong person whom she must know by now as a fake brother.)

Lastly, i find it strange for her to be so calm when talking to lelouch. Every person who survived facing rolo were astounded by his ability to teleport yet she doesn't seem shocked by finding herself bleeding in the floor. Maybe the line "What happened?" might have been to big a give away but being so calm when you did not know what hit you is a bit
about that last part. we don't really know how much time has passed until Lulu found her. She could have already had her o.O moment and then closed her eyes again/ lost her consciousness

Last edited by Guilford; 2008-07-07 at 03:48. Reason: added
Old 2008-07-07, 04:04   Link #994
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post

She made a difference against Viletta, once.

Quote:
How she even managed to get killed felt too forced, (priority protection by police yet manages to sneak in a restricted building
A mall. Evacuated, not locked down. Once she got past the barriers (which weren't much of an obstacle. They're not designed to be.), why couldn't she enter? Though the question is why those cops were unable to catch up with her.
Quote:
plus meeting/talking to the wrong person whom she must know by now as a fake brother.)
She didn't know he wasn't on Lelouch's side, though. And she had a gun.

Quote:
Lastly, i find it strange for her to be so calm when talking to lelouch. Every person who survived facing rolo were astounded by his ability to teleport yet she doesn't seem shocked by finding herself bleeding in the floor. Maybe the line "What happened?" might have been too big a give away but being so calm when you did not know what hit you is a bit
Bloodloss. She was pretty far gone when he found her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 04:06   Link #995
jphachiroku

The cryptic way of shirley getting killed left a lot of doors open. They could have simply showed Rolo do it but NO~!

Spoiler for some things that are lingering in my mind::
jphachiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 04:10   Link #996
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Spoiler:

Last edited by mechalord; 2008-07-07 at 04:20.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 04:13   Link #997
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
There is really not a point in discussing whether Rollo killed her or not because it can work either way so the writer might not even have decided whether he killed her or not. So in the end it is just some pointless bs. But well if you look at it, the writer must have "make it look like Rollo have killed Shirley" for some reason; to advance the plot/to make reader feel unease/more character development/anything but there must be some reason. But well I was really surprised at that Orange-san cliffhanger there, no doubts.
Old 2008-07-07, 04:25   Link #998
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
The turn of events with orange-kun were most unexpected for me. I never would have thought he would ever speak of becoming Lelouch's ally.

New intro and ed are nice, and Shirley dying made me very happy. The only thing that would have made this ep better is some C.C. screentime.

One thing that caught my attention in the new intro is that Mordred appears along with the Knightmares that are allied to the Black Knights. Betrayal?
Old 2008-07-07, 04:33   Link #999
grss1982

Just saw the episode, and.......

Sayoko FTW!!!!

BTW...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-07, 04:39   Link #1000
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Spoiler: