Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 14:01   Link #961
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
there is a rumer going around that sheirly is getting flamed on other forums because her commentary implys that she questions whether or not her love for lelouch is the result of his geass
whether or not this really IS the reason why she is getting heat, the very concept strikes me as a rather odd notion to hate someone over
the first think kallen asked him after he got his memory back was something exactly like that
and the moment the OOBK learned about his geass they all came to the exact same question
"did he use his Geass on me to influence me into liking/following him"
its a rather obvious thing to wonder about when you learn that someone you like has that kind of power
could this really be the reason why sheirly gets fire ?
Yea! I thought about Kallen's wondering about something similar after I'd heard about that part of Shirley's narration. Was Kallen ever flamed for that? I know she was flamed for a few things, but I cant remember if that was one of them. Either way, it really doesnt make sense. It should be a natural thing to wonder, knowing he had mind control powers...But, then again, we arent 100% sure that this is the reason for the flames. I wish we could know for sure where its coming from...

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 15:38   Link #962
Sol Falling

I could see Shirley fans getting pissed at that implication, but I dunno why that'd stir haters up. If that's the kind of 'extra content' they're putting into this special edition, though, I gotta say that I am really not impressed.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 22:29   Link #963
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I could see Shirley fans getting pissed at that implication, but I dunno why that'd stir haters up. If that's the kind of 'extra content' they're putting into this special edition, though, I gotta say that I am really not impressed.
Ha ha, true that. I'd be more pissed about the lack of extra content on the DVD than anything they might insinuate about Shirley's character

Well, truth be told, I've learned to never put anything past otakus, so it's entirely possible that this is what got them mad.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 05:22   Link #964
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
there is a rumer going around that sheirly is getting flamed on other forums because her commentary implys that she questions whether or not her love for lelouch is the result of his geass
whether or not this really IS the reason why she is getting heat, the very concept strikes me as a rather odd notion to hate someone over
the first think kallen asked him after he got his memory back was something exactly like that
and the moment the OOBK learned about his geass they all came to the exact same question
"did he use his Geass on me to influence me into liking/following him"
its a rather obvious thing to wonder about when you learn that someone you like has that kind of power
could this really be the reason why sheirly gets fire ?
I think that Code Geass R2 left a lot of unanswered questions. I suspect that the lack of new information might be the reluctance of the production staff's disinterest with the second season. For some reason, I have a feeling that around 80% of the storyline details for the second season was removed, as the result of the timeslot change. It appears that a lot of details was held back, in my opinion.

The death of Lelouch might have been done on purpose. Whether it was planned or not. If a person doesn't like how his TV show is progressing, as the result of executive interference, the creator simply kills off the main character.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 11:02   Link #965
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I think that Code Geass R2 left a lot of unanswered questions. I suspect that the lack of new information might be the reluctance of the production staff's disinterest with the second season.
I wouldn't go as far as to claim this is the result of "disinterest" when it is a known fact that compilations like these "Special Editions" rarely provide any significant, new information to begin with. This isn't even a movie adaptation either, which would justify at least having new animation, but something that was released straight to DVD.

The "Special Edition" for the first season (Black Rebellion) was essentially the same as the show, only with a little more narration from C.C. There weren't any new details either. Was that also due to "disinterest"? At least in the case of "Special Edition: Zero Requiem" they included some of Rolo's and Shirley's thoughts, as redundant as they might be. In other words, I think this is just the nature of the product.

Personally, I don't see any valid reason to criticize Shirley at this point, since it's not like she didn't have a good reason for having doubts. Lelouch had used his Geass on her. However, she was still true to herself in spite of that, which is more important.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 14:14   Link #966
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I think that Code Geass R2 left a lot of unanswered questions. I suspect that the lack of new information might be the reluctance of the production staff's disinterest with the second season. For some reason, I have a feeling that around 80% of the storyline details for the second season was removed, as the result of the timeslot change. It appears that a lot of details was held back, in my opinion.

The death of Lelouch might have been done on purpose. Whether it was planned or not. If a person doesn't like how his TV show is progressing, as the result of executive interference, the creator simply kills off the main character.
I'm sorry, but what does any of this have to do with blade's post? Blade was speculating about why Shirley might be getting so much recent hate and the irrationality of it. You're kind of a one-trick-pony aren't you? Whenever you post here all you talk about is the time-slot change for R2 and how the writers had to scrap their original ideas and how it completely ruined R2 (that and Milulu). Unless you have something to say about the hate that Shirley is getting than there's no reason to quote blade.

Anyway, you are correct Xander that we shouldn't be too surprised that we didn't get very much new information from the DVD. I think Shirley's narration was a little interesting and insightful, but still a lot of it does seem redundant as you said. To be honest, if it wasn't for a few bits of the narration (Shirley's first time seeing Lulu) I kinda wish they hadn't included it at all, since it just seems very needless and really just got our hopes up for nothing.
Old 2009-08-03, 00:46   Link #967
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Not every problem with R2 was caused by executive meddling. *facepalm*

I swear, some people act like CG season one was perfection embodied and R2 was a complete wallbanger.

There were some problems with R2--notably pacing and the slow slide from Real Robot to Super Robot--but otherwise it's still enjoyable. I don't consider it discontinuity.

Does anyone even know why Shirley is suddenly getting so much hate? The Geass reason seems stupid, since as mentioned, Kallen said the same thing. And nobody seems to care.
Old 2009-08-03, 14:38   Link #968
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Does anyone even know why Shirley is suddenly getting so much hate? The Geass reason seems stupid, since as mentioned, Kallen said the same thing. And nobody seems to care.
We still aren't exactly sure, but the two reasons that were brought up as possible are 1) Shirley's line about wondering if her love for Lelouch was from his Geass power or not (which we all think is pretty overreactive if it's true, like you said.)

2) some kind of shipping issue...

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 14:41   Link #969
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
We still aren't exactly sure, but the two reasons that were brought up as possible are 1) Shirley's line about wondering if her love for Lelouch was from his Geass power or not (which we all think is pretty overreactive if it's true, like you said.)

2) some kind of shipping issue...
I also remember discussing the possibility that it could be due to the new Masquerade dub during her death scene. But that seems even more unlikely.
Old 2009-08-03, 15:11   Link #970
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
It could be funny a event like:

The geass power "live on!" suggestion was such...Shirley's body expel the bullet and the bleed stopped.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 15:36   Link #971
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
It could be funny a event like:

The geass power "live on!" suggestion was such...Shirley's body expel the bullet and the bleed stopped.
Hmm, deja vu.

Even if the bullet was expelled I don't think the bleeding would have stopped. Shirley was pretty much screwed after Rolo shot her and it would've taken a LOT to save her.
Old 2009-08-03, 15:58   Link #972
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think Bonzo was making a joke about giving Shirley the same Geass command that Suzaku had would've made her do the impossible.

In all seriousness, though, that Geass command of Lelouch's might've actually accelerated Shirley's death.
Old 2009-08-03, 16:18   Link #973
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think Bonzo was making a joke about giving Shirley the same Geass command that Suzaku had would've made her do the impossible.
Hmm, indeed. Of course I don't think Suzaku ever did the impossible (correct me if I'm wrong) Suzaku averted death many times, but he only did so in avoiding lethal blows. Once Shirley got shot I think she was pretty much doomed.

Quote:
In all seriousness, though, that Geass command of Lelouch's might've actually accelerated Shirley's death.
Ah yes, how ironic.
Old 2009-08-03, 16:29   Link #974
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Hmm, indeed. Of course I don't think Suzaku ever did the impossible (correct me if I'm wrong) Suzaku averted death many times, but he only did so in avoiding lethal blows. Once Shirley got shot I think she was pretty much doomed.

Ah yes, how ironic.
Well, Suzaku is known for running at inhuman speeds across a wall to spin-kick a auto-turret out of existence. That is, for all intents and purposes, impossible. That was pre-Geass command, though...
Old 2009-08-03, 19:17   Link #975
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Yes I'm joking, after all, suggestion or not, shirley lost too much blood by now, then even if her body stopped the haemorrhage, the result was the same.

I made the joke thinking about the parody "code eross" where the female characters, at the order "fuck somebody"...for the great geass suggestion...a dick grow on their bodies

End OT.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 20:28   Link #976
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Yes I'm joking, after all, suggestion or not, shirley lost too much blood by now, then even if her body stopped the haemorrhage, the result was the same.

I made the joke thinking about the parody "code eross" where the female characters, at the order "fuck somebody"...for the great geass suggestion...a dick grow on their bodies

End OT.
Yes I saw those pieces myself. From what I can remember it's also a trilogy series. Talk about weird shit...

I also recall a previous discussion about Shirley's death having been accelerated by the Geass command which led to more blood loss...
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 00:28   Link #977
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Oh god, that sounds so nasty.

Do you have a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
I also recall a previous discussion about Shirley's death having been accelerated by the Geass command which led to more blood loss...
Yes, that's the deja vu I was referring. I think this discussion once before by bonzo, except I think he was more serious about it. But yes, lets just say that unless Shirley, by some miracle, had received immediate medical intention she was pretty much done for (and even that's questionable). Also, despite it's other capabilities, the geass can't break the laws of nature and physics.

And the bit about Lelouch's geass accelerating her death (due to the increase in bloodflow) is actually a very depressing thought. To think she could have had a few more seconds of life.
Old 2009-08-04, 01:12   Link #978
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
And the bit about Lelouch's geass accelerating her death (due to the increase in bloodflow) is actually a very depressing thought. To think she could have had a few more seconds of life.
Not only is it depressing, it's absolutely true. They even focus on her wound to get the point across. As soon as he gives the command, that blood flows at least twice as fast.
Old 2009-08-04, 02:17   Link #979
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Not only is it depressing, it's absolutely true. They even focus on her wound to get the point across. As soon as he gives the command, that blood flows at least twice as fast.
You know, I'm gonna be honest, maybe I'm just slow, but I didn't get that until RD pointed it out. I always just thought of those shots as further indication of her oncoming death. I don't think it's "absolutely true" as you said, but it's probably true. On a side note, every time I see that pool of blood expand beyond Lelouch's feet it makes my heart sink.
Old 2009-08-04, 02:36   Link #980
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'll put it this way. Lelouch's command COULD have done some good if someone was pressing down on the wound and trying to staunch the bloodflow. The command caused her heart rate to go up, pumping more blood through the body. But with that open wound, it just caused her to bleed out faster.

So, if Lelouch was in less of a panic, he probably could've prolonged her life.