AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-17, 15:18   Link #101
Katapan
俺様祭り

Considering that this (some kids' show called Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi) is now slated to air on April 10 in Ao no Exorcist's timeslot, we can safely assume that the series will be delayed by at least one week, to premiere on April 17 instead.
I actually find the news reassuring: more time for A-1 Pictures to animate the series means that the animation quality is more likely to remain consistent, in spite of the power cuts probably still messing up the animators' schedules. Though there are obviously more important things right now, I'd hate to see the adaptation jeopardized by the current situation when it's been looking so promising so far.

In other news, the OP and ED are given titles on the Japanese Wikipedia (not the most reliable source, but it'll do for now): "PRIDE" is indeed the title for the UVERworld song, while 2PM's song will apparently be called "Take off".

Edit: the official website has now been updated to formally reflect the change of the premiere date. April 17 it is.

Last edited by Katapan; 2011-03-18 at 05:45.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 12:21   Link #102
tsunade666

thanks for the info of airing date.
Old 2011-03-27, 09:54   Link #103
Kakkou
Tch.

Latest CM with more new footage, Shiemi's voice and a sample of CORE PRIDE. The song's okay so far. I'm so hyped up for this.

Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 12:00   Link #104
Katapan
俺様祭り

Ah, CORE PRIDE. Now that sounds less generic - and feels much more appropriate for an UVERworld song title. That's the trailer I was waiting for, nothing better than the fast-paced OP to get even more hyped for the series. <3
Old 2011-04-04, 16:04   Link #105
LovelyHue

This is really great. I have to say, this is my #1 most anticipated anime for 2011. The animation, songs and voice work all look to be top notch.

To be honest, I'm not surprised that it got picked up for an anime adaptation so early, because if I were in the position of an anime studio, I would be really excited about this title. It's probably one of the most promising shounen titles to come out in the last few years, with real storytelling potential to join the ranks of classic shonen series such as Bleach, Gintama, Naruto, One Piece and FMA - which is kinda special because honestly, those titles all came out in the same four-five year clump a few years ago, there hasn't been much else to get excited about since then, and at least half of those series are significantly derailed by this point. There have been a lot of good dark shonen titles, like Deadman Wonderland (another good show this season), but for more wholesome shonen manga fare, it's basically this and Beelzebub for me right now.

All that was a convoluted way to say that I think the studios smelled a hit in the source material.

To be honest, Ao No Exorcist is one of those rare series that I think could be a strong 50 episode series, though it looks like that's not gonna happen. But since FMA went pretty well in that regard, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if that did happen. So even though I'm glad they're animating it with such a high budget and overall quality, I kinda wish that they'd waited a couple more years so that they could have made a longer series with more material.
LovelyHue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 19:16   Link #106
tsunade666

they probably did it as first come first serve basis. I'm not familiar on how one is pick to turn into anime aside from it being popular and what studio to do but just from your reasoning. I can say that since it might turn out popular why not get it as early as possible and promote it more. And if did get more popular they get their money and a new season to deal with if the first one is a big success.
Old 2011-04-05, 03:50   Link #107
Katapan
俺様祭り

Ending song:

Yes, I'm clearly bored and this is the only new thing to keep me waiting until the 17th. :P
Old 2011-04-05, 03:51   Link #108
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyHue View Post
To be honest, Ao No Exorcist is one of those rare series that I think could be a strong 50 episode series, though it looks like that's not gonna happen. But since FMA went pretty well in that regard, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if that did happen. So even though I'm glad they're animating it with such a high budget and overall quality, I kinda wish that they'd waited a couple more years so that they could have made a longer series with more material.
It will be two cour at best, the new Code Geass or rumored Gundam will be taking over the time slot in Fall...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 15:55   Link #109
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyHue View Post
It's not about how much material the studio has to work with. It's about ratings and financial success.

Mainichi Broadcasting System, the station that is producing and broadcasting Ao no Exorcist, used to make 50 episode series. Gundam SEED and Fullmetal Alchemist come to mind as hit titles they co-produced. The reason they no longer make year long shows is because they came out with some anime that flopped badly (like Blood+ and Ayakashi Ayashi).

Now that's not to say that Ao no Exorcist can't be a 50 episode show. If this first run manages to get decent ratings, strong DVD sales, or both, the studio and the station will probably greenlight a second season. That's what happened to Code Geass and Gundam 00.

The thing is, I don't know if this show can do that. I've seen Ao no Exorcist listed in Top 20 or 30 Bestselling Manga lists when a volume came out, but it's no Fullmetal Alchemist as far as sales or popularity goes. It will probably do well enough to be considered a success, but a second season? We'll have to see.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 18:54   Link #110
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I'm worried that the string of rather low ratings the Nichigo slot has suffered will result in a Noitamina effect on all following shows. It would be pretty disappointing if the only anime that can get good ratings in the slot after Star Driver is Gundam.
Old 2011-04-05, 20:11   Link #111
LovelyHue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
It's not about how much material the studio has to work with. It's about ratings and financial success.

Mainichi Broadcasting System, the station that is producing and broadcasting Ao no Exorcist, used to make 50 episode series. Gundam SEED and Fullmetal Alchemist come to mind as hit titles they co-produced. The reason they no longer make year long shows is because they came out with some anime that flopped badly (like Blood+ and Ayakashi Ayashi).

Now that's not to say that Ao no Exorcist can't be a 50 episode show. If this first run manages to get decent ratings, strong DVD sales, or both, the studio and the station will probably greenlight a second season. That's what happened to Code Geass and Gundam 00.

The thing is, I don't know if this show can do that. I've seen Ao no Exorcist listed in Top 20 or 30 Bestselling Manga lists when a volume came out, but it's no Fullmetal Alchemist as far as sales or popularity goes. It will probably do well enough to be considered a success, but a second season? We'll have to see.
Hm. I see your point. Even if they had waited, they might not have been able to make a longer show.

I guess, for me, it's about storytelling potential. There are so many mammoth shows that just...shouldn't be that long. But they're a product that can make money, so there you can go. So I was speaking from that storyteller standpoint, that y'know, there really is enough material here to have a show that long, it won't feel like it's over-extending it's welcome. Both FMA animes are also examples of shows that lasted a long time but didn't feel like they over-extended their welcome, because there was enough stuff going on. So I feel like Ao no Exorcist could be like that.

I can't speak to how successful it will be. I think that it SHOULD be successful, because I think it really is that good. But yeah, it's kind of out of our hands and I'm grateful for the episodes that we're gonna get!
LovelyHue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 20:01   Link #112
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So according to CR, Exorcist is...12 episodes.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/blue-exorcist

I would imagine Crunchy has inside sources, so this conflicts with the source Katapan posted, or did plans change? If this turns out to be true, I'm not mad, since this means Sacred Seven or Blood-C is probably the next Nichigo show.
Old 2011-04-06, 21:58   Link #113
Destinyblade

I seriously doubt Ao no Exorcist is only 12 episodes. If that were the case, we would already know what show would replace it in the summer, since nichigo anime are always announced about three to four months in advance of its airtime.

The two cours info came from a Twitter account (raito-kun, I believe). Maybe katapan can let us know if he's an insider source or something?
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 22:11   Link #114
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Also, on CR it stays Blue Exorcist will start airing April 10th but I remember people saying on the Star Driver thread that it got pushed back to April 17th so I wouldn't take the info there that seriously.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 22:14   Link #115
TJR

Quote:
The two cours info came from a Twitter account (raito-kun, I believe). Maybe katapan can let us know if he's an insider source or something?
He's a blogger (and sakuga fan) from Austria. Not an inside source, although he does follow various animators on Twitter, as well as 2ch discussion.

http://aninomiyako.wordpress.com/
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 23:26   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Not in my region again . Hopefully Anime on Demand UK will save the day.
Old 2011-04-06, 23:49   Link #117
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
So according to CR, Exorcist is...12 episodes.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/blue-exorcist

I would imagine Crunchy has inside sources, so this conflicts with the source Katapan posted, or did plans change? If this turns out to be true, I'm not mad, since this means Sacred Seven or Blood-C is probably the next Nichigo show.
You're wrong, Crunchyroll has badly said the number of episodes. Ao no Exorcist is actually 2-cour (25 episodes) anime, not 1-cour anime.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 00:39   Link #118
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
As it's been said, he's not, but he is the one person I follow the most for accurate industry news. With that said, I later came across a scan that clearly mentioned two cours for the series - I'll try to dig it back up when I have the time later today.
Edit: Here it is. The bottom of the page mentions: 放送: 2011年4月 ~ 2クール. I think I'll believe that rather than Crunchy.

Edit #2: Found on the official website:

Elevator advertizing is the next big thing. Would you cross the door to Assiah?

Last edited by Katapan; 2011-04-07 at 01:58.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 03:35   Link #119
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not in my region again . Hopefully Anime on Demand UK will save the day.
Uh, the simulcast hasn't even been announced so the page might say that it's not available for anyone anywhere.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 12:14   Link #120
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

4/20 10 AM PST in US, Canada on Crunchyroll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...-blue-exorcist

It's also on hulu, VIZAnime, ANN.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-u.s-canada

Tags
fantasy, shounen