AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-25, 16:02   Link #901
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
and i wonder why Ayano killed self, hopefully is not bullshit like she can see the future and so she killed herself to prevent a bad end
Well, there are always other aternatives, like:

- she was maniodepressive airhead and forget her Citalopram at home.
- she was just airhead and never wanted kill herself, she just triped when looking on sunset from school roof.

Pick one you think would make more awesome story.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 18:47   Link #902
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Because he is still grieving over Ayano's death, and to him it feels like Ene is not giving her enough respect if she tries to move on with her life.

It's a passive aggressive attitude that isn't much more than lashing out.
There is more to it. Kano knows everything is not over yet. At least to him, "moving on" was not an option in the first place, as the bad end still lies ahead.
Instead of facing the truth that's hidden behind Ayano's death, everyone is already looking away, trying to "move on". When what is ahead of them is the inevitable Outer Science.
I am not saying Kano expects that something can be done about the Outer Science.
But Ayano will truly died for nothing if everyone still choose to look away.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 19:40   Link #903
Zangor17

not so sure they are going to go with the "bad end" if lost time memory's PV was any indicator then the anime is following route 01 or the "good end" but because this is an adaptation it can always go either way.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 20:53   Link #904
Orattvisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
- she was just airhead and never wanted kill herself, she just triped when looking on sunset from school roof.
That would make an awesome plot-twist!
Orattvisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 21:35   Link #905
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
There is more to it. Kano knows everything is not over yet. At least to him, "moving on" was not an option in the first place, as the bad end still lies ahead.
Instead of facing the truth that's hidden behind Ayano's death, everyone is already looking away, trying to "move on". When what is ahead of them is the inevitable Outer Science.
I am not saying Kano expects that something can be done about the Outer Science.
But Ayano will truly died for nothing if everyone still choose to look away.
Saying "why did you have to die..." implies that Kano doesn't know the truth, or at least not the entire truth behind Ayano's actions.

Second, in the case that Kano is right and everyone is "looking away", he didn't have to tormet Ene that way. That doesn't really show that he wants everyone to find the truth but that he just wants them to be gravely depressed while he gets to use his eye ability to act all jovial.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 00:08   Link #906
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

I think we all agree Kano is such a prick during this time in the story.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 01:09   Link #907
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

While discussing with some fellow fans of the original source, they gave me some knowledge about the cultural situation in visiting Ayano's grave, and why part of the Japanese viewers took Kano's action somewhat better than the English-speaking fandom.

The episode is currently take place during the Obon Festival (as said in episode 1), and during the festival, people visit and clean the graves of their ancestors. This action is believed as calling the dead's spirits home, and while doing this, people have to pay respect for the dead and must not do anything to disrupt the spirits. Even with the usual grave visiting that don't take place in the festival, Japanese also do these things.

Back to this episode, prior to Seto's phone call about the accident, all the group ever did was listening to Ene talking about her past that involved Ayano, so they weren't able to clean Ayano's grave and pay respect to her. That's why Kano volunteered to stay behind, talked to Ayano's grave and even said sorry to her about all the previous ruckus in front of her grave. Yet he discovered Ene there, who stayed behind to press on talking the past, and while talking she even mentioned about trying to make Shintarou getting over Ayano, which is outrageous to him while at this time they need to remember Ayano and pay respect to her. So looking back, all Ene did in front of Ayano's grave this time would come as very disrespectful towards Ayano in Kano's view and by Japanese standard. Also coupling with what people discussed about how Kano viewed Ayano and her death, it would be easy for him to lash out at her. He also used Haruka as a way to remind Ene that not only she disrespected his sister, but she also disrecpected her other dead friend whom she has feelings for by forgetting him.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 01:55   Link #908
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

He's still a dick, though. Ene was just trying to follow Ayano's wishes. And disclosing Haruka's death like that was out right cruel.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 04:02   Link #909
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
He's still a dick, though. Ene was just trying to follow Ayano's wishes. And disclosing Haruka's death like that was out right cruel.
I have to agree, but it continues to demonstrate that under his playful exterior he's not a very nice person.

Honestly the whole last part of the episode, starting from that, was just really screwed up and disturbing. In a way, it kinda soured me on the show a bit. I've been enjoying the mystery of piecing together all of these parts, but it's seven episodes in now and the pacing, to me, has finally hit the point of being excruciatingly glacial.

There's no plot here, unless you've been spoiled already from other material like the songs.
Old 2014-05-26, 04:50   Link #910
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Second, in the case that Kano is right and everyone is "looking away", he didn't have to torment Ene that way. That doesn't really show that he wants everyone to find the truth but that he just wants them to be gravely depressed while he gets to use his eye ability to act all jovial.
He doesn't. I actually think Kano himself is already half way into giving up.

But my point still stand. From Kano's point of view, it is impossible for him to not lose his temper there and blow it on Ene. I would imagine anyone in his shoe would do the same. Especially everything that everyone had looked away from was forced down his throat.
To him, this is just not fair.
Old 2014-05-26, 09:47   Link #911
kenshinstyle

Well shit, life's not fair, still doesn't give him the right to imitate Haruka who is already dead in front of Ene while knowing how important he is to her. Being mean doesn't even begin to describe what he did to Ene. I would love to see his face if someone with his ability imitate Ayano in front of him.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 14:34   Link #912
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinstyle View Post
Well shit, life's not fair, still doesn't give him the right to imitate Haruka who is already dead in front of Ene while knowing how important he is to her. Being mean doesn't even begin to describe what he did to Ene. I would love to see his face if someone with his ability imitate Ayano in front of him.
Do you know life is not fair is one of the most self contradicting argument out there?
If life is not fair, Kano does not have to be fair to Ene too.

I won't and never blame Ene for what she said. But her words are as heartless and disrespectful as it can be to Kano, for it just pierce right into the center of his trauma.
Old 2014-05-26, 14:41   Link #913
Shadow5YA

If Kido can deal with it, then Kano should too.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 14:42   Link #914
Tenzen12

Let's be honest, Ene gave reason and Kano exploded as result It's like when husband kills unfaithful wife). There is no reason make on of them bad guy and other saint. Neither of them is either. In the end it's all about who you symphatetize more.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 19:13   Link #915
HandofFate

godamn, put it off a bit, but finished 07.
My mind is blown and sooo lost with the web of relations. And really have no idea or clue on how everything is going to resolve.

Why did that guy suddenly started being really cruel to Ene?

What's the relation of Shintaro to Ene?
Shintaro was close to Takane, and Ene knew Takane. Haruka is who Ene was close to, and he got turned into that albino guy.

Why was Momo freaking out about Ene being older than Shintaro?

Who was cat again with the guy and girl that kept running over?
Old 2014-05-26, 19:52   Link #916
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
godamn, put it off a bit, but finished 07.
My mind is blown and sooo lost with the web of relations. And really have no idea or clue on how everything is going to resolve.

1. Why did that guy suddenly started being really cruel to Ene?

2. What's the relation of Shintaro to Ene?
Shintaro was close to Takane, and Ene knew Takane. Haruka is who Ene was close to, and he got turned into that albino guy.

3. Why was Momo freaking out about Ene being older than Shintaro?

4. Who was cat again with the guy and girl that kept running over?
I'll try to answer without going beyond what has been shown in the anime thus far. I numbered your questions to make this neater.

1. Kano did not respond well to Ene's words regarding Shintaro and Ayano, but mainly the words about Ayano.

2. No no, Ene didn't know Takane. Ene IS Takane. Shintaro does not know this, hence why Ene was asking Kano to not tell Shintaro about it.

3. Momo thought Ene was just a random program Shintaro found online. Thus finding out she was once human, and that she is a Shintaro's senpai to boot, was a huge shock to her.

4. No comment. If you truly want to know, pm me. Don't want to get banned yo~

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 21:28   Link #917
kenshinstyle

Quote:
Do you know life is not fair is one of the most self contradicting argument out there?
If life is not fair, Kano does not have to be fair to Ene too.

I won't and never blame Ene for what she said. But her words are as heartless and disrespectful as it can be to Kano, for it just pierce right into the center of his trauma.
Ene has no idea how hurtful her words are to Kano while Kano did all that knowing it would screw Ene over. See what is wrong here? Just because some shit happened in his past doesn't give him the right to screw others over when the other party pierced into his trauma unknowingly. That's just a kid throwing a tantrum and not controlling his temper.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 09:29   Link #918
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

People here are losing more temper than Kano lol

"In the end it's all about who you symphatetize more"

Life is life.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 10:16   Link #919
cleo

As said earlier, everyone has their own way dealing with the loss of a loved one. The others try to move on, while Kano clearly isn't ready for that yet. So it's understandable he's hurt and irritated by Ene's words, especially as they're standing in front of Ayano's gave. It hits his sore spot, so he lashes out. But he goes overboard by pouring all his pent up grieve and irritation onto her, deliberately making her suffer like he is. She didn't deserve that.
And speaking of respect for the dead: I highly doubt Haruka would approve of Kano using his semblance to hurt Ene.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:21   Link #920
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
*Points at the OP
You should be able to connect the dots if you examine it carefully.

And this piece is just great.

Spoiler for space:
kwsk

Anyway, finally watched the ep after resolving 1 week of PC BSOD-ing....

I would say....I hope it continues maintain this quality. The ep was actually quite strong in presentation of emotions this time round....

Quote:
KANOOOOOO!!!!

You smooth lier and mind raper!! I never thought Takane chan is your victim this time!!
And geeish! He's eye was not even red, just how good had he become at lying to people now.
His transformation into Haruka is also just... OUCH OUUUUCH!!

But yeah, no wonder Kano would lose his temper here. What Takane chan said there is completely outrageous in his view.

Though, it is interesting to find out it is Azami who made Konoha lost his memory, and that she is intentionally trying to pass out the snakes. This actually complicated things, as I did not expect her to take a proactive role at this point.

Oh, a shot of Kuroha for a second in the middle of the show, as well as Saeru being mentioned in the end. These are not good signs.
That is what Kano says on the surface....that he views Ayano's memory as sacred.....But I wonder if he isn't going to somehow screw Shintaro over out of jealousy or anger that he failed to prevent her death or something...When he mentioned the bit about Ayano's last words, it for a moment seemed like he was angered her last words were not concerning him...

Well we still don't know if she's working alone or if someone is instigating her or not....

And Me ga Saeru Hebi should show up eventually anyway....

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft