AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-06-24, 00:44   Link #181
LevelSeven

Yeah, the last panel was awesome, the woman first owned everyone until she herself got owned by rinka XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 13:00   Link #182
LevelSeven

wow....i didnt think it would be so fast but it is fitting for this story, it ended with a not-absurd and totally somehow awesome final,

so.... chapter 76 will be the epilogue and the story will be finished for good i liked it,

i liked how everyone had powers that would be "meh" in other shounen superpower verses but they got beautifully displayed in their usages on normal people,
i also liked how everyone, despite their superpowers can still die with bullets, or that even if someone can destroy a city with a single flick of their finger they still die if someone pierces their neck...

all in all, awesome story, i recommend this to everyone who wants a good action series with a actual realistic reactions to firearms and "getting shot at"
Old 2016-07-23, 13:31   Link #183
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow, that ended in a hurry. Everything cleaned up remarkably neatly with super powers just taken right away from the world.

In the end this turned out to be a pretty decent if not average series.
Old 2016-07-23, 14:57   Link #184
Kurohane

Really, it's over? Seems like the series was on the verge of being axed if it ends right here. The latest couple of chapters seemed like the author was trying to close up as many loose ends as possible, and that was weird for how long this arc has gone on. To have it end abruptly hints it was an executive decision.
Old 2016-07-23, 16:24   Link #185
LevelSeven

^yeah i think that too, i would have liked a longer running, it was really enjoyable
but the ending isnt bad at all, every power is gone and i dont remember having any loose ends :/
Old 2016-07-23, 23:26   Link #186
Twi

Oh come on! Even Ga-Rei didn't reset the Status Quo. Should have spread it across the world.
Old 2016-07-25, 12:07   Link #187
Kurohane

Also, the author probably wanted to do more with Rinka's dark personality, but time ran out.
Old 2016-08-23, 11:42   Link #188
LevelSeven

last chapter, ch.76:

and it is....wow? it is a good ending, far better than naruto and bleach, all lose ends are covered and most things are finished,

but it is revealed that once a esper awakened their powers it will never be taken away, the fish are simply the ability to give the cells a start,

plus, the professor isnt dead, his range is truly incredible, the only way how i can explain his survival is if his real body was in reality in agypt the whole time, somehow or other i guess, otherwise his vanishing at the end is....strange i guess :/

either way, the main characters all got their happy endings and the world keeps going

i recommend this to everyone who wants to reach a esper-story that happens in modern life without a fantasy world, exspecially if you like to see people actually dying thanks to guns
Old 2016-08-23, 15:24   Link #189
Twi

It could've ended so much worse than what it did. It's the sort of ending I expected from the guy who wrote Ga-rei.
Old 2016-09-30, 21:00   Link #190
Kurohane

The change in the protagonist turned out to be a bad move. Segawa didn't imagine he'd have to end the series sooner than he anticipated. Ren got a lot of flak because Segawa had to build her up from scratch, failed to appeal her to the readers; Rinka was always more favorable. As such, he had to bring Rinka back and focus an entire arc on her before moving back to the main story while also having Rinka make more appearances. In the end, it would have been better if Ren was in her own story, because she couldn't get the characterization needed to be more than a plot device.

This seems to be a recurring aspect, because Ga Rei had this problem as well, in that the climaxes are underwhelming. Segawa always goes of this random and unlikely approach. While it's an attempt at originality, it undermines the protagonists efforts to the point that they have little to do with defeating the antagonist/saving the world. That's done for a reason, because it gives agency to the heroes; that's their purpose. I guess the ending was to parody the usual formula, but the plot was taken quite seriously before then.

Again, I believe Segawa was getting the axe and had to end this quickly, dropping plotlines he planned to do if he was able to go longer, such as "Dark" Rinka.

Tags
super powers