AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-02-15, 09:48   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 895 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Yes, that time has arrived once again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and YonkouProductions for the info:

-Chapter title is ""Pirate Luffy vs. Sweet Commander Katakuri". The ministory now focuses on the giant Hajrudin, who's leaving Buggy's mercenary business.

-We're introduced to Luffy's new Gear 4 variant: SNAKE MAN!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Katakuri notes that Luffy looks slightly different from his "base" Gear 4 mode, as he's now slimmer. Luffy replies that he's much faster now, and indeed, he now has no problem hitting the commander despite the latter's attempts to dodge the attacks! That's because in addition to the increased speed, Luffy is bending his limbs in several different angles, an ability he calls Python.

-Naturally, Katakuri won't be taken out by that much, and soon the two combatants are trading blows! Some new techniques are shown from both sides, such as Black Mamba from Luffy (basically, a new version of Gatling), and Zangiri Mochi (slicing mochi) from Katakuri. Near the end of the chapter, both men are exhausted, but unleash their final strikes: A Zangiri Mochi from the commander, and King Cobra from the rubber man! The following clash creates a HUGE explosion!!! As to who emerged victorious.... us readers must wait until next chapter to find out when the dust clears....!!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 09:58   Link #2
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Oh come on Oda!
You literally get two damn straight break before this and now break again this early!? Dammit!!
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 12:54   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Snakeman looks pretty cool.

Hasn't Luffy already used Python against Doflamingo? I remember his arms bending in mid-air and following him.
Old 2018-02-16, 00:54   Link #4
Twi

Oda knows he's wrong for ending the fight on a cliffhanger backed by a break. One panel. Just one panel to show who was victorious in the end. Was that too much to ask?
Old 2018-02-16, 01:35   Link #5
The Small One

I'm just wondering: The world in which they fight is created by Brulles DF power. Does all the havoc those two wreak there hurt her?
What would happen, if she were killed, while they are still inside this world?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 02:21   Link #6
Ultragunner

I wonder if Oda follows the NBA , dat "Black M***a" tho
Old 2018-02-16, 07:54   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I expect new Chapter can be released after two weeks break (Which of course if WSJ is taking a break as well after Oda's break)

Still, no sign of Germa's movements and even radio chatter but i feel bad for buggy though. Shouldn't he chase after Hajrudin's crew?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 09:26   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

anyone disappointed that oda went away from the "gun" naming system for luffy's moves to this snake one?
Old 2018-02-16, 09:50   Link #9
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Oda knows he's wrong for ending the fight on a cliffhanger backed by a break. One panel. Just one panel to show who was victorious in the end. Was that too much to ask?
Doesn't seem like this was the last blow... Unless we get a flashback of what King Cobra (attack, not person) actually did different from the Python before it. Something that makes it a finisher, like KKG was clearly on a different scale than the other boundman attacks.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 10:12   Link #10
grecefar

looking good the snake man, snakeman is faster than bounceman but it must mean that the power of his punches are weaker.

we don't have to be surprise about the rest of oda, I mean I didn't expect a chapter this week.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 10:22   Link #11
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Foe those swearing right now because of the cliffhanger... clearly you haven't been following nay manga series at all for long, especially not for an author this huge. They purposefully do this- it's one of the oldest sales techniques in the book. You're kept waiting to ensure that you buy the next issue as soon as it hits shelves, thus keeping the money flowing, as opposed to sales declining because the climax (of this particular part) has already been shown.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 16:14   Link #12
Rainbowman

How I would love to see the Snakeman form against Smoker whenever the chance comes.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 21:18   Link #13
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm just wondering: The world in which they fight is created by Brulles DF power. Does all the havoc those two wreak there hurt her?
What would happen, if she were killed, while they are still inside this world?
Actually, where is she?
Old 2018-02-17, 03:42   Link #14
marvelB

Man, seeing Buggy in the ministory reminds me of how he was the star of the very first one way back in the day....

Anyway, not much to comment on as this was a purely action-focused chapter. Though I feel I must point out once again that Katakuri resembles Zoro more and more by the chapter (actually, he sorta looks like a fish-man version of Zoro, now that I think about it....). Also, with the snake-themed attacks Luffy's using, I'm a little disappointed that there weren't ones named after the rattlesnake or anaconda.... though I guess those will come along later. Actually, speaking of rattlesnakes, I think a "sidewinder" technique would be awesome too, but again, gonna wait and see....

BTW, I wonder if Lucci inspired Luffy's Snake Man form? Recall he also transformed into a slimmer body better suited for speed during their fight. Luffy's pretty much using the same principle here...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-21, 01:43   Link #15
Kaz_

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I wonder if Lucci inspired Luffy's Snake Man form? Recall he also transformed into a slimmer body better suited for speed during their fight. Luffy's pretty much using the same principle here...
Life recall if I remember right, very likely since both rokushiki and gear system depends on twisting body to its limits.

Honestly I'd love Lucci to take a turn against government after their betrayal and personally train Luffy deeper in Rokushiki arts for him to use Gear Second-Three and Four more efficiently. Creating new variants of gears from masters of human anatomy seems more effective for Gear system than training with Rayleigh whose an expert at Haki.

Of course hoping that Luffy must have left quite an impression on him considering being the only one to defeat Lucci in combat. Would make a better twist than generic revenge fight, knowing that Lucci is already back in business.

Last edited by Kaz_; 2018-02-21 at 01:57.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote