AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2019-01-21, 17:25   Link #2581
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

I see, poor subaru-tan
Among the weakest but have to deal thing beyond his capability....
But i heard he manage to gain combat skill using a whip and became much stronger later on.... under someone guidance... is that true?

But one thing for sure
Is not easy to having to die over and over via being killed and still have his sanity intact, that a great mental power there, its more true when we compare him to Archbishops class, yes, even though they are more powerful, they had to lose their sanity as a sacrifies for that power

Subaru tan capability to rebound back no matter what like daruma doll is superb

Wonder who else that have the same or even more mental power like him, " the never give up" one?

Ps: i feel like there is more to the relationship between satella and subaru.. more that all of us thought.... it will be awesomely shocking if there is a twist on this.... something like satella is actually subaru's mother or something
All of his curse is basically her way to show her love and only exist to protect him....

Anyhow, thank for the reply....
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 19:48   Link #2582
Applehell

Yes, it true Subaru did get stronger during the timeskip, but in fairness he is mostly ordinary person almost entirely surrounded by super humans from a normal earth person perspective. Subaru's strength doesn't really lie in direct combat anyway, but in wits and perceptive which allows him to be clever where others aren't. Besides no amount of conventional strength would help him against the likes of Archbishops since they power is anything but.

At for Satella and Subaru's relationship, yeah there is definitely more we or and even himself knows. The most popular and likely theory right now is that Subaru might be reincarnation of Flugel the Great Sage who lived during the Witches era.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-10, 09:09   Link #2583
Applehell

A new group has picked up Arc 5 and is continuing where the latest translation left off.

Arc 5 Ch 53-54 has been released.

Chicken's up Ch 109 of Arc 4 from 107. He plans on releasing Ch 110 as whole proof reading it himself to keep the impact and because it one of most important chapters in the arc.
Old 2019-02-15, 22:18   Link #2584
zeroshooter

So, I have been steadily reading the translations up to Arc 6, and there is a question I'd like to ask. Reading up from some skipped material during Arc 3 and Arc 4, I'd like to ask is concerning Satella. For reasons yet unknown, Subura feels a powerful attraction towards Satella. During the tea party where Satella "invited" herself, Subaru accused her of tampering with his emotions during Satella's pleas for Subaru to treasure himself more. If I remember correctly, he even ended up trying to kill himself to escape it. Subaru doesn't understand why she loves him even when she explained it since it doesn't make any sense for him. Even though he came to accept "Satella" in the end, he's still borderline confused why he feels so strongly towards her. Even during a loop in Arc3 where Satella encouraged him to keep going, Subaru became extremely emotional from just hearing her voice. It got to the point where he was ready to give everything up so that he could be with her.

tldr, What I am trying to say is that it seems like Subaru is in love with Satella, but these feelings greatly confuse him since he hadn't met her up until Echidna's tea party. Satella implies to have interacted with him. So I began wondering if Subaru's infatuation with Emilia could have something to do with his feelings towards Satella. Because he is subconsciously reminded of her, if you consider all the factors like Satella and Emilia's same appearance, Satella's implications about having met Subaru before he even isekai'd and Subaru's unexplainable feelings towards Satella. It sounds very plausible because it would also support that Subaru is or was somehow Flugel.

Last edited by zeroshooter; 2019-02-16 at 09:39.
zeroshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 15:39   Link #2585
Applehell

They don't have anything to do with each other. Subaru's feelings for Emilia came about entirely due her personality and circumstances. The pull from Satella however feels unnatural because happens regardless what either he or she does even if they don't interact at all and Subaru is completely conscious of that fact.

BTW:

Yen Press has announced Ex 3 is coming over, release 4/25/19

Images
cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-02-16, 17:18   Link #2586
zeroshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
They don't have anything to do with each other. Subaru's feelings for Emilia came about entirely due her personality and circumstances. The pull from Satella however feels unnatural because happens regardless what either he or she does even if they don't interact at all and Subaru is completely conscious of that fact
If it weren't for the reason that Emilia and Satella "look exactly alike", I wouldn't even have thought of this. But considering the fact that Subaru's heart literally roars out: "I love Satella", despite his obvious confusion. But then again, you might be right. This surge of emotion Subaru experiences towards Satella is in reaction to her "voice", which I assume is different from Emilia's. That is if they are different people though, which I kinda hope.

Quote:
The pull from Satella however feels unnatural because happens regardless what either he or she does even if they don't interact at all and Subaru is completely conscious of that fact
And what you're saying about the pull happening regardless of what both do, is precisely what I said in my previous post. Subaru's body is subconsciously reacting to Satella's voice. And calling it unnatural is borderline assuming things, since it's possible were soon gonna drop into time-shenanigans, seeing how convinced Shaula is on that matter.
Old 2019-02-17, 01:18   Link #2587
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroshooter View Post
If it weren't for the reason that Emilia and Satella "look exactly alike", I wouldn't even have thought of this. But considering the fact that Subaru's heart literally roars out: "I love Satella", despite his obvious confusion. But then again, you might be right. This surge of emotion Subaru experiences towards Satella is in reaction to her "voice", which I assume is different from Emilia's. That is if they are different people though, which I kinda hope.
That's just the thing isn't though? Based on present information we have both Emilia and Satella histories it's extremely highly unlikely for them to be the same person. Emilia was born a little over a century ago to biological parents. Her aunt Fortuna shares the same general familial traits (silver hair and purple eyes) that Emilia has as does her father whom the former is the younger sister of. This means Emilia's appearance comes from somewhere that's not related to Satella aside may being a distant ancestor.

Moreover if Satella and Emilia were actually the same then Satella actions up to this point in has been pretty strange. In Arc 3 Satella killed Emilia and Arc 4 she possessed her out of jealousy of position Subaru held Emilia in his heart. Killing and being envious of yourself makes no sense especially if you have a natural influence over the person you want.

Quote:
And what you're saying about the pull happening regardless of what both do, is precisely what I said in my previous post. Subaru's body is subconsciously reacting to Satella's voice. And calling it unnatural is borderline assuming things, since it's possible were soon gonna drop into time-shenanigans, seeing how convinced Shaula is on that matter.
I don't mean unnatural to downplay the weirdness of Subaru's feelings towards her or what potential future plot threads might come out of it. However what I mean that it is literally unnatural because for the other two people Subaru actually loves he doesn't feel anything like that with them. With Satella he can barely control his body or emotions.
Old 2019-02-17, 08:28   Link #2588
zeroshooter

Quote:
Moreover if Satella and Emilia were actually the same then Satella actions up to this point in has been pretty strange. In Arc 3 Satella killed Emilia and Arc 4 she possessed her out of jealousy of position Subaru held Emilia in his heart. Killing and being envious of yourself makes no sense especially if you have a natural influence over the person you want.
Didn't Satella or actually the Witch of Envy posses Emilia's body because Subaru kept talking about RBD for like a pretty long time during the tea party.
Old 2019-02-17, 12:46   Link #2589
Applehell

Correct, but that was only the trigger.

Quote:
[Echidona: Just as you imagined, the trigger for her appearance was the tea party. Not even that thing could prevent you from violating the taboo in here. And so, driven mad with Envy yet unable to vent it inside, it took out its rage on the external world, exploding into a rampage wreaking havoc in its wake]
Satella could have possessed anyone as they were the highest importance to Subaru personally:

Quote:
[Echidona: I doubt there was any great reason why the one you loved was chosen as the vessel. Although there would be a certain affinity when it’s another Half-Elf, I think the biggest reason could only be “Envy”]

[Subaru: Envy……?]

[Echidona: For a Witch who wants to be the sole subject of your thoughts, is it really so hard to believe that she’d hate and seek to destroy the recipient of your impassioned affections?]
So while Emilia might have had a better affinity to be vessel it's not why Satella picked her. Rather it's because Satella is jealous and hates Emilia. So Satella and Emilia are very much being treated as different people in the narrative opposed what people thought at start of the series.
Old 2019-02-18, 17:39   Link #2590
Nomebastanteoriginal

Quote:
I don't think that Satella is the one that hates and is jealous of Emilia, but rather the Whitch of Envy persona. It was also the witch of envy who killed Emilia in Arc 3, and posessed her in Arc 4. I say this because of chapter 76 of arc 4.
I am also a great fan of closed time loops, so I'm rooting for the 'Emilia is Satella before absorving the witch genes and going back in time (not necessarely in this order)'. If not, I won't be disapointed because the author is a great story teller.
Nomebastanteoriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-18, 19:11   Link #2591
Applehell

I mean you're right. It's her alterego WoE who is responsible for the recent acts outside RBD. I should have made that distinction better.

Aside from that TC has released Arc 4 Ch 110 and WCT released Arc 5 Ch 55.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-02-18 at 19:25.
Old 2019-02-18, 21:29   Link #2592
zeroshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomebastanteoriginal View Post
I am also a great fan of closed time loops, so I'm rooting for the 'Emilia is Satella before absorving the witch genes and going back in time (not necessarely in this order)'. If not, I won't be disapointed because the author is a great story teller.
The Emilia is Satella theory is not doing it for me and the only reason I am actually considering it is because of the fact that they look the exact fucking same. It's funny, cause I don't even remember Subaru commenting on that after he saw her face.

I just don't see Emilia going to the past, befriending the other witches, absorbing the witch genes (for whatever reason), destroying half the world and waiting 400 years to summon "Subaru" and make him kill her. And then there is the fact that Shaula says that Subaru smells like Flugel. Meaning Flugel had the "Witches Scent" on him, which would mean he was somehow connected to her. He was involved in the sealing.

And here is a question: Did Satella ever call Subaru by his name? I don't think she ever has. She's never called him Subaru. You could say that the moment never presented itself but she didn't even say it once during the tea party.
Old 2019-02-18, 22:04   Link #2593
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroshooter View Post
It's funny, cause I don't even remember Subaru commenting on that after he saw her face.
Subaru didn't voice out a comment but he had pretty strong reaction and a bit of internal monologue about it. However it didn't make him think they were the same aside from looks. For little we see of Satella's personality she's distinctively different from Emilia which helps.

Quote:
And here is a question: Did Satella ever call Subaru by his name? I don't think she ever has. She's never called him Subaru. You could say that the moment never presented itself but she didn't even say it once during the tea party.
She has, not as Satella, but the WoE tho.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-02-19 at 02:46.
Old 2019-02-19, 18:11   Link #2594
zeroshooter

Quote:
She has, not as Satella, but the WoE tho.
Yes, I looked it up. She said it two times. But for some reason, it felt like she said that in a way to imitate Rem. I don't think it fits Satella to call him -kun.
Old 2019-02-22, 09:06   Link #2595
Reaperherpderp

Quote:
A new group has picked up Arc 5 and is continuing where the latest translation left off.

Arc 5 Ch 53-54 has been released.

Chicken's up Ch 109 of Arc 4 from 107. He plans on releasing Ch 110 as whole proof reading it himself to keep the impact and because it one of most important chapters in the arc.
Who is the new group?
I’m wanting to finish arc 5 but between TC and WCT I’m stuck waiting
Reaperherpderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 18:37   Link #2596
Applehell

The new group is actually WCT, they just changed their names.

Arc 5 Ch 56 is out BTW, If your reading it, Arc 6 Ch 67 too.

EDIT: Oh yes vol 9 was released 2 days ago:

Images
cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-02-22 at 19:27.
Old 2019-02-22, 21:30   Link #2597
Reaperherpderp

ah i see... why are there so many random chapters and half chapters translated lol, its so triggering reading consecutive chapters then having to wait but seeing random chapters translated, but not reading them because you dont want to read ahead
Reaperherpderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-23, 05:47   Link #2598
tuckersister

I'm looking forward to when Subaru meets Echidna again as Omega. Also the interactions with the other witches. I think the witches will take advantage of Subaru's ability.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-26, 19:05   Link #2599
Applehell

vol 19 cover preview: Priscilla and Liliana on the cover.

Tanpenshuu vol 4 (Translation: Short Story Collections)

Old 2019-03-06, 17:16   Link #2600
Applehell

Arc 5 ch 57 is out.

Here is the finished cover design:

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-03-07 at 20:03.

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel