AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-27, 06:17   Link #41
xxBluebird

I've seen some fanworks with Izaya wearing glasses... does he wear glasses sometimes or what? o-o I haven't seen all of the anime, just some episodes...
Old 2010-06-03, 10:58   Link #42
Dia
Wanna be Dollars member

i didn't see him wearing glasses maybe on the novel or is just the likes of the fanartist
Old 2010-06-04, 16:31   Link #43
Nosauz

wait do people really think this is better than Baccano? I mean it's pretty good but I just don't think its anywhere near as good as baccano, most likely due to the bloated cast and the real lack of comedy.
Old 2010-06-04, 20:46   Link #44
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
wait do people really think this is better than Baccano? I mean it's pretty good but I just don't think its anywhere near as good as baccano, most likely due to the bloated cast and the real lack of comedy.
That would depend on the persons opinion, I watched a few episodes of Baccano, and I would say I like Durarara better. I like more of a modern anime myself. And to me, Durarara seems to have its serious moments which make it nice, why'll comedy doesn't always have to dominant the anime to make it nice.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2010-06-05, 23:18   Link #45
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
This had a more accessible opening, which has helped gain it a wider audience.
Baccano was also helped to greatness by having a much less faithful adaption. Some of the problems people are having with the second half of Durarara would have applied to Baccano if they hadn't removed the crappy half of the fourth novel.
Old 2010-06-08, 10:29   Link #46
kitten320

Didn't watch Baccano so can't tell.
Though I started to like Durarara only in second part when it finally started to have an actual story. Though it still lacks in some departments, with all this characters the story could really be turned into something massive.

By the way, Durarara seems to be still on going in novels, does it mean that there will be season 2?
Old 2010-06-08, 10:32   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
By the way, Durarara seems to be still on going in novels, does it mean that there will be season 2?
It's completely possible but it could just be an anime made to increase the sales of the Light Novels, in which case there wouldn't be a season 2.
Old 2010-06-08, 11:14   Link #48
kitten320

I see... well I guess we will know in about years time.

Is there any specific number on how many vols are there supoussed to be over all?
Old 2010-06-08, 12:24   Link #49
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I see... well I guess we will know in about years time.

Is there any specific number on how many vols are there supoussed to be over all?
There really never is. Very few light novels are finite; at most the author will announce that it's ending in a volume or two, but Narita hasn't shown signs of ending any of his five series.
Old 2010-06-08, 15:53   Link #50
kitten320

I see, thanks for info
Old 2010-06-22, 16:05   Link #51
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Location: Anti-manga Corps Headquarters - Assassination Division
uhm, hi everyone .. does anyone know how long is the show intended to go on?

I haven't watched anything of it yet, so I'm only gonna read posts that are addressed to me or have quoted me. Wouldn't wanna stumble upon a spoiler. T.I.A.
Old 2010-06-22, 17:49   Link #52
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai dono View Post
uhm, hi everyone .. does anyone know how long is the show intended to go on?

I haven't watched anything of it yet, so I'm only gonna read posts that are addressed to me or have quoted me. Wouldn't wanna stumble upon a spoiler. T.I.A.
There are 24 broadcast episodes plus 2 DVD only episodes. The first DVD episode will be episode number 12.5 and should be released this summer. (August, I think.) The second DVD episode will be episode number 25 and will be released when the last DVD is release. (About 8 months from now, I think.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-06-22, 18:25   Link #53
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

^I take it episode 24 will be the official final episode and episode 25 is a special .. ? Or should I wait 8 more months, if I want to marathon through the whole series without interruption .. ?
Old 2010-06-22, 18:28   Link #54
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai dono View Post
^I take it episode 24 will be the official final episode and episode 25 is a special .. ? Or should I wait 8 more months, if I want to marathon through the whole series without interruption .. ?
25 is going to be a bonus epilogue so more of a treat than a vital part of the storyline (heck, I think it's actually going to be a new story since I read an article about Narita writing it). So I say watch it now and if you like it you'll remember what the heck DRRR is when 25 pops up in February.
Old 2010-06-22, 18:45   Link #55
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

^ Alright, I'll go see what the fuss is all about
Old 2010-10-31, 20:19   Link #56
porous_shield

I've watched the series and read the manga but it feels like I'm missing something regarding the slasher, so if anyone could answer my question I'd appreciate it.

Spoiler for Slasher:
Old 2010-11-02, 14:08   Link #57
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by porous_shield View Post
I've watched the series and read the manga but it feels like I'm missing something regarding the slasher, so if anyone could answer my question I'd appreciate it.

Spoiler for Slasher:
The anime kinda skirts this but,
Spoiler for Slasher:
Old 2010-11-21, 17:18   Link #58
porous_shield

Thanks for the answer. That question was bothering me for some time.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:26   Link #59
sergel02

I only started watching the show when it started airing on Adult swim, but there's something confusing me: the timeline. Does the anime follow the timeline of the light novel? Like the ending of the anime, has that happened in the light novel?
Old 2011-12-18, 21:48   Link #60
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yep, the anime follows the first three volumes of the light novel (it's still on-going), although episodes 12.5 and 25 were completely anime original.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a