AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-07-17, 07:06   Link #1021
palmje
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
Since I had very old versions, I updated mkvtoolnix to v4.1.1.0, and also added the latest mkvextractgui-2.exe(v1.1.4) (seems the old one doesn't work with this version of mkvmerge).

..But now I have a problem

How exactly do I extract timecodes files with this version (of mkvextract)? Mkvextractgui2 doesn't seem to have any option for it?
Tried the cmd option with output, but it only records the 'progress' (Progress: 0% Progress: 0% Progress: etc...) but not the timecodes themselves in the .txt...
Code:
mkvextract timecodes_v2 source-filename > times.txt
I could use Aegisub for it, but would be good to know the right way for this too.

I know I'm missing something simple here but...
Try using "--redirect-output" instead of ">".

From the manual:

Quote:
OUTPUT REDIRECTION
Several extraction modes cause mkvextract(1) to write the extracted data to the console. There are generally two
ways of writing this data into a file: one provided by the shell and one provided by mkvextract(1) itself.

The shell´s builtin redirection mechanism is used by appending ´> output-filename.ext´ to the command line.
Example:

$ mkvextract tags source.mkv > tags.xml

mkvextract(1)´s own redirection is invoked with the --redirect-output option.
Example:

$ mkvextract tags source.mkv --redirect-output tags.xml

Note
On Windows you should probably use the --redirect-output option because cmd.exe sometimes interpretes special characters before they´re written into the output file resulting in broken output.
palmje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 08:27   Link #1022
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

mkvextract timecodes_v2 wants a track number and a target filename after the source filename, it doesn't write to stdout at all

edit: the original poster already discovered this himself
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 14:50   Link #1023
kilani

I tried some searches online about this issue but didn't really come up with anything, so I was hoping to get some answers here.

I'm archiving some Anime and muxing the 720p subs into a 1080p file. The 1080p stutters in certain sections with subs on and plays fine with them off. Is there any specific reason that would cause this? I've done this a few times now and haven't encountered this problem.

I would appreciate any help, let me know if there is any more detailed information I need to provide and I can also upload the file to MU.
kilani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 16:26   Link #1024
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilani View Post
I tried some searches online about this issue but didn't really come up with anything, so I was hoping to get some answers here.

I'm archiving some Anime and muxing the 720p subs into a 1080p file. The 1080p stutters in certain sections with subs on and plays fine with them off. Is there any specific reason that would cause this? I've done this a few times now and haven't encountered this problem.

I would appreciate any help, let me know if there is any more detailed information I need to provide and I can also upload the file to MU.
your cpu is too slow
either get a better cpu, a faster video decoder or offload video decoding to the graphics card
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2010-07-28, 19:05   Link #1025
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Using MPC-HC's subtitle renderer instead of VSFilter can also help a bit, especially if you reduce the maximum texture resolution in the subtitle options. That'll reduce the visual quality of the subs a bit, but they'll cause less stuttering. Enabling sub-picture buffering will help as well, though that can mess with subtitle animation.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 11:25   Link #1026
Blanchimont

Um... have a small problem...

I thought I had gotten mkvmerge to work correctly...
(had issues with screwed file after muxing until someone suggested to choose 'none' for compression in Extra Options for each track)
...but apparently not...

Whenever I try to mux styled subs (ass), it simply disappears from the muxed file. With no errors reported. Unstyled subs (srt) do get muxed though...

Also, it only affects a new subtrack to be added, if it's already present in the mkv it will still be there after remux.

Don't think it's something wrong with the subfile itself, as it behaves same for every .ass extracted from other encodes that I try to remux back... Additionally, they work perfectly as external subs.

commandline
Spoiler for commandline:
Spoiler for log:
Spoiler for mmgdebug:
Can anyone figure it out?

Anime I'm trying to mux

Edit; Was able to mux by downgrading to an earlier version (v.3.0.0, picked at random)... But still would be interested why the latest mkvmerge doesn't work?...

Last edited by Blanchimont; 2010-08-03 at 12:15.
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 14:11   Link #1027
TheFluff

Mosu broke a lot of things in 4.x, sticking to 3.4.0 for the time being is strongly recommended.

Old 2010-08-04, 07:56   Link #1028
sneaker

There was a fix related to missing ass tracks. You can try pre-293 or later. Although Fluff is right when he says that Mosu changed quite a few things (notably header removal compression and leaving out elements with standard values) which don't hold any notable benefits for the end user. He does that to force the vendors to support a wider spectrum of the Matroska spec.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 12:05   Link #1029
daughter_of_evil

Making sub v2 with xdelta ?

I searched for this , but the link they directed died http://www.srsfkn.biz/2008/11/11/mak...-with-xdelta3/
So if anyone can help me with this , I appreciate your help
daughter_of_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 16:43   Link #1030
Zalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughter_of_evil View Post
I searched for this , but the link they directed died http://www.srsfkn.biz/2008/11/11/mak...-with-xdelta3/
So if anyone can help me with this , I appreciate your help
Might be this:

http://schneizel.com/patch.html
Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:55   Link #1031
jcdietz03

Post about Caption2ASS by Nagato

How do I tell if:
1) My TS has subtitles and I just can't extract them
2) My TS has no subtitles

TSes from TBS seem to have easy to extract subtitles. Which other stations usually air anime with subtitles?
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 19:57   Link #1032
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Post about Caption2ASS by Nagato

How do I tell if:
1) My TS has subtitles and I just can't extract them
2) My TS has no subtitles

TSes from TBS seem to have easy to extract subtitles. Which other stations usually air anime with subtitles?
1) if it's a terrestrial channel and c2a doesn't extract anything, it most likely doesn't have any
2) if it's a satellite channel that isn't NHK-BS2 and c2a doesn't extract anything, it probably doesn't have any, but try specifying the PID manually (use DVBViewer and look for private streams in the program you're interested in; if there is one that's most likely the captions. get its PID (in hex) and pass it to c2a and see if anything happens)

Some rules of thumb:
- All NHK channels always have captions for anime (I think)
- Regional UHF channels (tvk, Chiba, Teletama, etc) usually never have captions
- Tokyo MX almost never has captions for its late-night (after midnight) broadcasts but may have them for other stuff
- TV Tokyo usually has captions, but not always (late-night programming in particular usually lacks them)
- NTV and FujiTV usually have captions
- Satellite channels almost never have captions (except NHK-BS2 and BShi, which almost always have them)
- If the .ts has been stripped, the captions are probably gone too. Check for private streams with DVBViewer.

Old 2011-02-14, 07:35   Link #1033
gilcohen

Hi, where i can learn how do karaoke?

thanks.
gilcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 02:22   Link #1034
Kurre

Watch this and read this understanding this. After these you should be able to do simple karaokes. If you want to continue, read this and browse Aegisub forum for example scripts.

This is probably the most simple way to learn. There are no shortcuts and karaokers generally hate spoonfeeding beginners.
Kurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 07:23   Link #1035
jfs
Aegisub dev

And to elaborate a bit, applying canned effects can't be said to be "doing karaoke" since a large point of fancy karaoke effects is showing off your own skills. (If you just want to let your viewers know the lyrics, fancy effects aren't needed.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 02:00   Link #1036
lovewow
Banned

you could watch it in MPlayer, which can render subs by itself.
lovewow is offline   Reply With Quote