AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-23, 10:44   Link #1
Midonin
Last Engage

Mashiro-iro Symphony

ましろ色シンフォニー
Anime website
Game website

Palette's game has just had an anime confirmed.

The premise

Quote:
Shingo's school is decided to be joined with a girls' school. As a selected student, Shingo temporarily transfers to the girls' school until they officially consolidate. He meets various unique girls there, but all girls dislike male students. To remove their misunderstanding, Shingo works hard and...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 12:09   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I hope that the game's cast will be returned, except that the voice actors use their real names (for exemple, in the game, Sena's seiyu is Nazuna Gojyo, but in the anime, it's Ryoko Ono).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:17   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Despite the fact that all the usual concerns apply (can they really do justice to a full game in what will no doubt be 12/13 episodes, will they get a decent staff who care about the work, will they do the character designs of the game justice, will they focus on the story and not just on fanservice, etc. etc.), I really really hope they make this work. If anyone was ever interested in a game that was pretty much pure sugary-sweet romance overload, this is it. Assuming they decide to stick to the original story and follow one selected path, it should make for a pretty natural anime conversion (but you never know anymore what these directors/writers/producers will decide to do). A PSP game has already been announced, so I'd expect the anime to air relatively soon (so they can time it to coincide with the game release).

*fingers crossed*
Old 2011-02-23, 20:23   Link #4
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Uryuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I feel that Mashifoni's setup lends itself easily to an anime adaptation, especially if they follow Airi's route. Of course, it would be even better if they were to choose Sana instead, but that's probably not likely...

*fingers crossed*
Old 2011-02-24, 04:49   Link #5
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This is certainly good news, the VN was a very enjoyable and largely uplifting affair. Though i should do best not to get too excited before time ... while i think this title would lend itself fairly well to an anime adoption, you can never be too sure nowadays. I mean ... look how Fortune Arterial turned out ... That said, i am going to remain cautiously optimistic - it shouldn't be too hard to blend together the meat of the other routes while using Airi as base one (which i expect to be the obvious choice ... though who knows, i am apparently not in sync with these directors nowadays ) , and one cour could actually be sufficient to tell this story without sacrificing too much, as long as they make smart use of the time.

But yeah ... usual VN adaptation concerns aside, i am looking towards this. As relentless said, this game is an overload of sugary sweetness, and should appeal very well to people who are out for largely drama-free romance story, largely likable cast, and a pretty decent male lead, unbelievable as that might seem.

So ...yeah *fingers crossed*

Edit: Also, this made me remember that i was quite fond of the game's OP - certainly does a good job capturing the quirky and uplifting nature of the title

Old 2011-02-24, 05:03   Link #6
Zexas

LOL how I describe this VN: Sugary overloaded pure love romance

Not that it's a bad thing though since I thoroughly enjoy the game but it's not really my cup of tea

His imouto is one of the plus point for the game

Getchu Link NSFW

Edit: ~Sigh~ very time seeing Skyfall signature I can't help to wonder why won't they create Dies irae~Acta est Fabula~ anime
Old 2011-02-24, 05:30   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This adaptation will lead to an absolute overload of sweetness to the point it will turn anybody nearly diabetic so to speak
I just hope they won't make any major alterations with the characters (like what they did with Erika in FA), otherwise, it will just be a pain to deal with (yes, I'm quite afraid of what they can do with Airi...)
Old 2011-02-24, 05:44   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

One of Palette's previous games, Sakura Strasse, has anime adaptation getting canceled.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-02-24, 23:49   Link #9
Midonin
Last Engage

Website is go!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 23:51   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
One of Palette's previous games, Sakura Strasse, has anime adaptation getting canceled.
I wouldn't be surprised if it dragged on long enough that they just decided that Mashiro-iro was more... palatable. With the PSP game in the pipeline, and the official site now launched (though not much info yet!), I think the odds of this one actually being released are quite high. I wonder if they'll release it in the Summer even though it's a Winter-themed game?
Old 2011-02-25, 20:07   Link #11
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it dragged on long enough that they just decided that Mashiro-iro was more... palatable. With the PSP game in the pipeline, and the official site now launched (though not much info yet!), I think the odds of this one actually being released are quite high. I wonder if they'll release it in the Summer even though it's a Winter-themed game?
It would fit perfectly in the fall season, considering the game is around that time too.
Old 2011-03-26, 00:56   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

According to its Twitter, it will be animated by Manglobe.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-07-11, 05:05   Link #13
kanataX3

hmm i was thinking .. would they be makeing this anime like .. a route anime??

Like they go to one route and then to the next heroine? like [Amagami SS]??

im just asking x.x
Old 2011-07-11, 05:15   Link #14
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Here's the staff :
Director : Eiji Suganuma (Kodomo no Jikan)
Series Composition : Team RIKKA
Character Design/Chief Animation Director : Toshie Kawamura
Assistant Director : Masamitsu Hidaka (Pokémon series, Linebarrels of Iron's director)
Animation Production : Manglobe

Same cast as the game, except that theses seiyuus use their real names (for exemple, Sena's seiyuu Nazuna Gojyo became Ryoko Ono). But the only exception is the Panya's seiyuu is listed as ???.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-07-11, 16:09   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
hmm i was thinking .. would they be makeing this anime like .. a route anime??

Like they go to one route and then to the next heroine? like [Amagami SS]??

im just asking x.x
My guess is probably not. This will almost certainly be a 12-episode anime, and I think the story is such that a traditional single-route/blended approach would work just fine. The story is mostly light romantic comedy with an emphasis later on "lovey-dovey" moments, and a lot of the comedy is centered on the group as opposed to each individual heroine. That isn't to say they couldn't do an omnibus style approach (and there would definitely be some benefits)... but I doubt that they will.

That being said, they did do two different manga series to cover two different heroines (the second manga is running now). I don't think they'll do manga for any of the other heroines, though.
Old 2011-07-11, 22:37   Link #16
Mazryonh

I don't get it; wouldn't another of Palette's games, もしも明日が晴れならば (or "If the weather holds fair tomorrow", or "Moshiraba") be better for dramatic potential? Every loves a good tear-jerker as Key's works proved, and after the failure of recent shows like Hoshizora, wouldn't a change back towards tragedy prove more popular with fans?

Moshiraba's official website can be found here.

Mashiro-Iro Symphony doesn't look like the best of games in Palette's catalogue to make an anime, sadly.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 01:34   Link #17
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

While those titles might be better for dramatic potential (there is not much of it in MashiFoni indeed), that isn't a requirement for a good story. A drama is a drama, a romcom is a romcom, both have different appeals and are to be appreciated for different reasons and arguably have different aims in terms of what they want to evoke from the audience. But story doesn't become better simply by having lots of drama in it, how good is an outcome depends on the writer's ability to mold the material he is working with.

I believe Mashiro-iro Symphony completely capable of being the foundation for a good anime, should the writers stick to its guns and not try and inject their own ... er ... "creativity" in the material, those often end up disastrous (I am looking at you, Fortune Arterial). MashiFoni's story and cast are a good deal stronger than Hoshizora's ever was (It was a rather mediocre title to start with, though i believe the lukewarm reception of the anime has more to do with fanboys being unsatisfied with the choice of the male lead rather than technical merits of the show, questionable as they were, but this is neither here nor there) and mesh together fairly well; creating a favorable impression shouldn't be too hard.

The overall structure of the story should lend itself fairly well to being adopted in to an anime, and it shouldn't be too troublesome to weave the essence of the other heroine stories together while sticking to a main one in the center. If we want to bring in comparisons with Hoshizora again, that title was a pure chara-ge with virtually no 'plot' beyond daily character interactions, leaving it in a pretty poor shape once removing all the romance related events. MashiFoni's characters have more of a story to tell and removing romance from the equation from all but one won't leave them immediately stranded, unlike the aforementioned title. (And besides, this title was announced well before Hoshizora started airing).

So ... yeah. I believe MashiFoni to be a quite good choice for an anime, as I found the original to be a highly enjoyable read that left me quite satisfied, and certainly no worse than any other title from Palette. Despite all the usual concerns that come with the territory of it being a VN adaptation, something that producers seem to have conspired to brutalize lately, I find myself very much looking towards this. Unyaa~
Old 2011-07-12, 03:46   Link #18
Mazryonh

Well, if MashiFoni's story is indeed strong enough to stand on its own merits (as the upcoming anime adaptation for Minatosoft's Majikoi is looking to be), then it might be a good idea. Still, after the failures of the anime adaptations of Fortune Arterial and Hoshizora, my expectations aren't very high for this series.

Another point of concern is what MashiFoni, if it's indeed a diabetes-inducing sugary-sweetness-smorgasbord, is going to have to do more to get more recognition amongst its more famous genre-mates that rely on this kind of sweetness, such as To Heart 2. When plenty of competitors have done what you're doing already, it's that much harder to brand yourself as something worth buying. I'm fairly certain that there aren't many eroge where the "main girl" is "seriously unavailable" right from the very beginning, as in Moshiraba's case, whereas many eroge now feature the "find your love in a school setting" premise all around.

What I'd really like to see from Palette would be an omnibus-style adaptation of Moshiraba, starting with the sisters' arcs for a first season, followed by the other characters in another season. Of course, that's unlikely. Another thing I'd like to see would be Purple software's 明日の君と逢うために ("Till I reach your tomorrow") made into an anime, which might be easier since the character designer in that game (a certain Tomoyasu Kurashima) has done a lot of work on the anime series of Infinite Stratos, Strike Witches, etc., but that's even less likely.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 01:53   Link #19
kanataX3

hey ... i know this thread is about mashiro iro... but..
could someone tell me if there is a thread for lumpofsugars : Hello;goodbye??
and a walkthrough for it... sorry for posting at this thread ...
Old 2011-07-26, 00:59   Link #20
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
hey ... i know this thread is about mashiro iro... but..
could someone tell me if there is a thread for lumpofsugars : Hello;goodbye??
and a walkthrough for it... sorry for posting at this thread ...
A bit late (and it is off-topic to the thread too), but there doesn't seem to be a thread, so you potentially could create one in the Games section. And in terms of walk-throughs, just search on Google.co.jp for the title of your game + 攻略, and it should be one of the top results.

Anyway, now back to your regularly-scheduled topic... I guess it hasn't been mentioned explicitly in this thread yet, but the show is confirmed for Fall 2011 (meaning this October).

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen