AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 17:26   Link #701
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow all hell just broke loose. Didn't expect Yoshino and Mahiro to get taken out that soon, well they wil be saved. The tree of Genesis really favors Hakaze. Wonder what Junichi went to do.
Old 2012-12-20, 17:58   Link #702
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Awesome episode!
This show is truly messing with my head on whenever it was just coincidence or was everything just as planned... For practically anything.

And Hakaze is finally back to the present bringing nothing back.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 18:13   Link #703
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
Is it at all clear how exactly Hakaze was "born"? I mean, was she already a person, and then became the Princess of Genesis?

Or was she created/born when the tree neared its revival?

Totally wild guess (and I have no idea how it would work), but could Aika have been Hakaze pre-Princess of Genesis? I realize this sounds ridiculous and yeah, no idea how it would've worked, but...
Hakaze's had a childhood (Jun's a kind of childhood friend to her), so, no.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 18:24   Link #704
Doria

Ah, you're right. I totally forgot poor Junichiro! Thanks for reminding me!

I guess I just assumed the new guy would turn out to be the mage of Exodus based on that line in the preview (I can't remember it exactly), but the preview is so vague, it's hardly anything to go on.

Looks like Aika's still the strongest candidate, assuming she isn't going to stay dead.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:10   Link #705
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well holy crap! Guess this episode decided enough talking on these issues and time to make some stuff happen. Nothing like the world getting torn up and Mahiro and Yoshino getting nearly killed. Apparently the trees were tired of being outstaged by those two .

A lot to think about with this episode. Just a lot of chaos going on.

Also have to say this was the most epic tree vs. tree battle I have ever seen .
Old 2012-12-20, 20:30   Link #706
mistress_kisara

Those trees are just crazy! They got a clean hit on Mahiro and Yoshino..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 22:48   Link #707
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Great episode.

As I suspected, we're going to keep being thrown little twists, so we'll never really know what the heck the ultimate end-game plan is for Exodus and Genesis.

Actually, a part of me wonders if the entire point of this story is one big trolling of the characters, and it really was all just a bunch of coincidences, and no entities playing puppet master in the background, with the belief that they were, acting as a self-determinant of events.

I wonder, based on the preview, if Mahiro finally finds out about Yoshino. Though, I get the feeling what we saw would be considered a dream state of sorts, likely where his consciousness spends as he recovers from his wound.

Lastly, am I missing something between Evangeline and Spear-man? Or, am I overanalyzing her comment to him that they had a lot to talk about when it was all over.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 23:14   Link #708
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Magnificent. Ando Masahiro and BONES were born to bring this story to TV.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:14   Link #709
GundamZZ
残念美人

Yes! those angst boys are out of way! Now, we know that Aika is not the only person branding Yoshino as a criminal. ^_^;;; It's yet another episode with Samon's feeling down. orz ORZ orz ORZ

The princess is back. She is now at the center of the stage. She should spend more time for action than quoting Shakespeare 's play.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:23   Link #710
TimeSkip

The quality of the story and animation are awesome !!

You wouldn't believe that if you just looked at the pre-order ranking :P
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:28   Link #711
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
The quality of the story and animation are awesome !!

You wouldn't believe that if you just looked at the pre-order ranking :P
Yeah the show sadly isn't very popular. This episode was very good though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:32   Link #712
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can honestly say I’ve never seen anything in anime quite like that final sequence. With Beethoven’s ethereally beautiful “Tempest” sonata as a backdrop and Aika reading Miranda’s speech from the play, chaos and devastation rain down everywhere – including upon our two main characters. What a synergy – Beethoven, Shakespeare, and anime at it’s most imaginative and grandiose. If stuff like that doesn’t make you glad to be an anime fan I’m not sure what would – there’s certainly no other art form in the world that could have given us what we just witnessed. Maybe it’s rose-colored nostalgia but it feels as if this sort of soaring ambition was more common in anime once than it is now, where the focus has shifted so heavily towards a very narrow subset of interests and studios have become so much more risk-averse. I’ll give full credit to BONES – they may have had some swings and misses lately, but they’ve never shied away from taking chances.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:47   Link #713
Entravity

When Yoshino split open I was like O____O Interesting stuff as things are escalating quickly. Beethoven's "Tempest" to back things up. How fitting.
Old 2012-12-21, 01:40   Link #714
shinigami99

Maybe it's time this got its own subforum? it IS 2-cour after all.

Anyway, I am eagerly awaiting the 2nd half of a series that has been really underrated since it started. Great storytelling and I have no idea how it's going to end. Can't wait
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 01:48   Link #715
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Views and post counts are pretty low, relatively, so I really doubt it'd ever get a sub-forum.

Anime with sub-forums with low activity (Hayate), are vestiges of previous seasons when activity was much higher.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 02:37   Link #716
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can honestly say I’ve never seen anything in anime quite like that final sequence. With Beethoven’s ethereally beautiful “Tempest” sonata as a backdrop and Aika reading Miranda’s speech from the play, chaos and devastation rain down everywhere – including upon our two main characters. What a synergy – Beethoven, Shakespeare, and anime at it’s most imaginative and grandiose. If stuff like that doesn’t make you glad to be an anime fan I’m not sure what would – there’s certainly no other art form in the world that could have given us what we just witnessed. Maybe it’s rose-colored nostalgia but it feels as if this sort of soaring ambition was more common in anime once than it is now, where the focus has shifted so heavily towards a very narrow subset of interests and studios have become so much more risk-averse. I’ll give full credit to BONES – they may have had some swings and misses lately, but they’ve never shied away from taking chances.
Beautifully written! I wholeheartedly agree. The length this show goes to create the mood and atmosphere to fit the theme for each episode is simply amazing. What makes it even more impressive is the fact how little story they are working with. Episode 12 literally had about a minute worth of story that was stretched to 20 minutes, and yet I wasn't resentful. I just know intuitively that it must be a good thing.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 03:12   Link #717
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah, TERRIBLE episode. No Aika flashback.

And no, as much as I love HanaKana, just her voice don't count

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Anime with sub-forums with low activity (Hayate), are vestiges of previous seasons when activity was much higher.
Actually, activity in Hayate started to drop like a rock BECAUSE it got a sub-forum. I remember it easily putting 4 pages per episode, but barely broke 1 after it got its sub-forum sometime in the middle of S1. Probably is the best example in which it shows that sub-forums actually stifle discussion, rather than promote it.

(Of course, certain shows needed to have its discussion cut down a bit... remembering Muv-Luv pre-subforum was pretty darn hectic )

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 07:34   Link #718
Aqua Knight

I liked that little Yoshino x Hakaze interaction

"So you are a villain" scene was very nice even with that small fanservice
Old 2012-12-21, 09:12   Link #719
blewin

totally didn't expect the two of them getting killed like that. It was TOO much of a coincidence! wonder what they'd think when they're healed.... (and it's kind of funny how Yoshino is with a girl while Mahiro ends up with poor Samon. That really brings down the tension.).

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 09:46   Link #720
Bern-san

People haven't realized that the greatest tragedy is what happened to Samon's sword Samon had to sacrifice it for Mahiro!
And he was so cute when he obeyed Hakaze's orders.

So Aika's monologue was about Shakespeare's Tempest?

I'm really curious about how they're going to deal with the second half. I just hope the quality of the story doesn't go down due to anime-original ending, especially after the magnificent adaptation of the last episodes.

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen