AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-03-04, 13:19   Link #41
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by schedmaster View Post
You make a triangle with 3 of the 4 glyphs (precise). You make a quadrilateral with all 4 glyphs with the center marking the spot (accurate) through crossing diagonal lines which makes the x. You do understand right?
To put it simply.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 15:21   Link #42
Rainbowman

I just saw the chapter and this daimyo who's named Oden is said to be executed by being boiled in soup. On the sideline it's supposed to be a reference of the food dish of the same name. Anyone care to fill my culinary curiosity? 😋 (Slurp)
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 17:36   Link #43
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So it's impossible to find Raftel if you don't have a way to understand Poneglyphs (either read them or voice of all things)? And Straw Hats are the only crew who have the means to find it? That's one hell of an unfair advantage.
Yeah, but it's a pretty good reason for other crews and the WG to target them. So it balances out.

I won't be surprised if the last glyph is on Eblaf.
Old 2016-03-04, 22:06   Link #44
itachi-san314

I wouldn't be surprised if there are others still alive who can read the Poneglyphs in addition to Robin. We literally just learned of a new character (dead unfortunately) who could do exactly that.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 02:26   Link #45
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hey, there is strength in subterfuge! It's not a matter of being able to beat everyone else, using them to reach his goals would be fine too...but Luffy takes this as if it's an elimination tournament, dafuq to that. He should know that there are people he's better off not fighting, he's been in that kind of situation many times before.
Yes, he would be better of not fighting them, yet.
But the New World is not for the timid, if Luffy was the type of person to do the safe thing, he would not be in the running for the Pirate King, let alone in the New World.
Not to mention that he still kinda needs to go crash that party at Big Moms to get Sanji back.

Luffy did already declare war on Big Mom, and made a deal to fight Kaidou, so at this point, fight is inevitable.
They might not actually fight them yet, next arc might not even show us any of the Yonkou, but it will happen, at some point.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 04:48   Link #46
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I just saw the chapter and this daimyo who's named Oden is said to be executed by being boiled in soup. On the sideline it's supposed to be a reference of the food dish of the same name. Anyone care to fill my culinary curiosity? �� (Slurp)
Yeah, Oden is basically a Japan's culinary which consists of varies of food with signature soup. Usually there are squids, eggs, tofu, konyaku, crab even sake for drinks.

When they are heading to Wano Kingdom i expect one thing, Zoro will fight Shogun of Wano Kingdom to fight over Shusui sword or another treasure sword which Zoro wants it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 13:43   Link #47
Gilly

Any chance that Vegapunk can read Poneglyphs? Or will decipher them in the future?
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 16:05   Link #48
marvelB

Huh, I missed this earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, strange that they are supposed to be stonemasons and Samurai. In historic ancient japan there was a separation between the ruling class and artisans.

It's possible that the clan's noble status worked as a convenient cover for their stonemason lineage. After all, I'm pretty sure that being the original carvers of the Poneglyphs is a fact that they would want to keep concealed, even from their own countrymen.

That does bring up an interesting point, though.... because as I said in the previous chapter thread, the title of Shogun is a hereditary one (at least if we follow real-life history). Thus, that means that the current shogun must also be from the Kouzuki clan (possibly Momo's uncle or grandfather or something). So when we take that into account.... shouldn't the shogun also be privy to the knowledge of how to create Poneglyphs, even if he doesn't know the secrets that Oden discovered? Or perhaps the clan has specific rules as to which descendant receives the necessary teachings (like maybe only branch members are stonemasons, while the main line rules as shogun)? Quite curious, indeed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I won't be surprised if the last glyph is on Eblaf.

As interesting as that may be, as I said before, we still don't exactly know what color the poneglyph that Jinbei found was....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 20:38   Link #49
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I dont know, but this is kind of getting boring.
I know how you feel, hope the story goes more interesting next on.
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 03:06   Link #50
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
I know how you feel, hope the story gets more interesting next on.
Maybe we'll get a plot twist where our heroes are encountered by Edward Weevil and his mother with her personality matching that of Greesel.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 20:51   Link #51
Trafalgar D. Law
Yonko

This chapter was fantastic. After 10 years we finally get our first real clue about the one piece. I now hope for momo to become a temporary nakama so he can learn from Robin.

But I came up with what I believe to be a brilliant idea about where the last road poneglyph might be! Do you remember when on dressrosa Law asked doffy how it was possible for him to still do such things (faking newspapers) even though he wast just a fallen tenryubito? Doffy answered that it's beceause he knows of a great national treasure at Mari Joa. One who's existence alone, if made known to the world, would shake it to its very core. So what treasure could be that important?? What if it was the 4the and last road poneglyph?

I think luffy and his crew will be at the origins of the biggest chaos the world has ever witnessed and on every single level!

Busoshoku Haki 武装色の覇気

Haoshoku Haki 覇王色の覇気
Trafalgar D. Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 21:17   Link #52
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Screw momo, Luffy should be the very first to learn out of anyone.
You may argue it not in his character? Well then Luffy should just have to grow up and man up and learn something. He can not stay ignorant forever that is folly.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 03:06   Link #53
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar D. Law View Post
Do you remember when on dressrosa Law asked doffy how it was possible for him to still do such things (faking newspapers) even though he was just a fallen tenryubito? Doffy answered that it's beceause he knows of a great national treasure at Mari Joa. One who's existence alone, if made known to the world, would shake it to its very core. So what treasure could be that important?? What if it was the 4the and last road ponegliph!
I like this theory a lot! It makes sense I'm fully on board with that conclusion. The government would definitely want Doffy to keep his mouth shut about it and let him do whatever he wants in order for it to be kept secret. Although.. It also still doesn't make sense why the government wouldn't just kill him..?

But yeah.. It would definitely make sense for the government to hide one of the Crimson Ponegliphs in order to stay in control of the pirate world and ensure nobody finds the One Piece.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 02:03   Link #54
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar
But I came up with what I believe to be a brilliant idea about where the last road poneglyph might be! Do you remember when on dressrosa Law asked doffy how it was possible for him to still do such things (faking newspapers) even though he wast just a fallen tenryubito? Doffy answered that it's beceause he knows of a great national treasure at Mari Joa. One who's existence alone, if made known to the world, would shake it to its very core. So what treasure could be that important?? What if it was the 4the and last road poneglyph?

I think luffy and his crew will be at the origins of the biggest chaos the world has ever witnessed and on every single level!
I really like this idea. I hope it turns out to be so. It wouls be what it takes for pirates to take the offensive against the world government. Up untill now pirates and the marines kinda avois each othee with the pirates more on the defensive side. All hell would break loose if the yonkous call temporarily truce and prioritize locatinf last the last glyph then duke it out to the finisg

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote